The State of the Economy

Just now, ThePrettyPetard said:

i know but what i meant was if we could freely trade BP like we can trade pokeyen. being able to aquire BP for like special move that you will need in the future the moment you see a vendor would be much nicer than having to deal with the pain in the ass to wait for one to show up when you are finnally ready.

this would be great, especially for those who don't really enjoy OU, and want to take part of other tier CC tournaments, so I'd be 100% down for that.

36 minutes ago, razimove said:

you can already, under the form of items, and it's actually somewhat profitable by selling vitamins, not items/special moves.

About how to fix inflaction, best way would be to create a good burning cash method, since braces etc isn't enough anymore, asking for a fee to take part of the legendary dungeons etc, could be nice. This would help limiting the 'new' cash that the game gets daily. Even if people would be maybe pissed about it, quitting the idea of limited items, and making all seasonal, or event obtainable, would be better, but since greediness speaks first and a limited item will always sell a thousand more than a normal vanity when it's on vanity shop, they most likely wont ever even consider it.

There... isn't inflation though. There's been deflation for the last year.

22 minutes ago, razimove said:

asking for a fee to take part of the legendary dungeons etc, could be nice.

It ll depend of which kind of rewards gonna be released with the dungeons (beside legendaries ofc), Like rare vanities or something like that (upgrade legendary IVs item should be the new money sink if applicable)

24 minutes ago, razimove said:

you can already, under the form of items, and it's actually somewhat profitable by selling vitamins, not items/special moves.

I guess he means you cant just put a ice gem on GTL and request exchange for another gem or item, for example.

Auction mode when ? :/

I think adding my viewpoint will add some independent thought to this forum. I've played since the beginning of pokemmo, more or less. Mostly taking long breaks between playing because there is and was honestly only so much you could do in this game. However I've experienced quite a bit different economies in this game.

I personally do not think that the "deflation" currently being experienced is going to lead to the "end" of pokemmo. I have observed that there is a rather large influx of Chinese and Spanish speaking players that are filling the ranks of our pokemmo members. It's quite clear that even if the game is less appealing to English speakers, the Chinese and Spanish thoroughly enjoy the game in the state that it's in atm.

I do agree that the economy feels rather weird right now, I attribute it to the old school players being jaded by the small variety of ways to earn money in this game. There is only so many times you can grind trainers, or items before you begin to utterly hate it. However I have noticed that the price of entering competitive battling has been steadily decreasing over the past year, which is a good bonus to the health of our only end-game entertainment.

The biggest downside to our economy seems to be a depression in the moral of the playerbase. There is no big motivation for them to earn money and enter competitive battling. The answer is to prepare more big tournaments, and events to motivate players. The various seasonal events are fun ways to earn money, but there are huge blocks of time between them with almost no big events. I don't think that "dungeons" are the solution, they will be fun for a month then will become another way to grind. I recommend more ways to players to generate content for other players. Possibly team owned Gyms, or increase the ease in organizing player owned tournaments.

I would like to finish this collection of opinons by stating the fact that players have been complaining about the economy for years and still they play this game. Tbh the economy has never been in a great spot, as grinding as always been a chore. The mods don't seem enthusiastic about any changes to the current grindfest the game has been over the past 6 years. Luckily I have more or less accumulated resources that allows me to ignore grinding at the moment.

Edited by Weedle