The State of the Economy

10 minutes ago, Aerun said:

What is rare is you posting relevant stuffs on forums.

Just imagine yourself having the speech you have here, but in real life.

Idk in few month it grew a disgusting global racism in pokemmo like hating on chinese is hype.

So, maybe you think I'm off topic, but lately, every time I read words like "economy" and "chinese", I just hear "reason to complain"

Just now, Raederz said:

Just imagine yourself having the speech you have here, but in real life.

Idk in few month it grew a disgusting global racism in pokemmo like hating on chinese is hype.

So, maybe you think I'm off topic, but lately, every time I read words like "economy" and "chinese", I just hear "reason to complain"

Well then if you can't understand that the economy is dead nowadays it's because of the new influx of players, which most of them are Chinese I'd call you an idiot.

Like I said, I didn't shoot at Chinese people, I'm just saying facts, nothing wrong calling Chinese people Chinese.

Yet you post another irrelevant post, gj

15 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Well then if you can't understand that the economy is dead nowadays it's because of the new influx of players, which most of them are Chinese I'd call you an idiot.

Like I said, I didn't shoot at Chinese people, I'm just saying facts, nothing wrong calling Chinese people Chinese.

Yet you post another irrelevant post, gj

Oh I get it, you just don't use the right words.

An economy -out of exception- always gets better by getting less impacted by individuals (perfect economy includes atomicity property).

In getting less impacted by individuals, I directly talk about the new influx of players.

What gets worse with this new influx of player, is the position of the already-in-business people, because the "tips" they used are getting more and more used, and turn to be less and less "easy profit".

In another hand it helps farming guys, by, with time, correlating earning (real earning, taking level of prices in account) and effort.

So ye, assuming your assumptions, the economy is good. It doesnt mean everybody is making more and more profit. It means that unfair profit is getting harder to find and make.

Btw, as said before, this is pointless talk, because if your vision is biaised by your racism, mine may also be biaised by my way to play. We got nothing to hold, to make an objective speech

Edited by Raederz
1 hour ago, Aerun said:

Alright, so I'm gonna give my opinion about the economy.

Shinies are very important for the economy to work properly.

More people playing the game means more shinies to be found, but also the older the game gets the more shinies will be found, in both case shinies' price will drop.

Most of the players are now Chinese and they get rares as easily as my boy @Parke gets rats. Don't ask me why they are luckier than any of us, I have no idea.

Everything dropping because of the Chinese players (no offense, this is actually not bad for the poor guys). We all know that the Chinese are the best at micro-transactions, they buy a lot of RPs to buy donators since they hunt a lot and probably more than any of us thus why RPs price dropped a lot.

That being said, most of the Chinese guys don't sell their rares so that's why rares price won't drop that much, not a lot of them are in the market. They do sell uncommon and common shinies though, that's why a lot of shinies dropped. Ex: Shiny Snorlax now being worth like 15m when it was like 60-80m a while ago, nothing changed about the spawn rates or anything.

On the money part, I feel like the people who are the richest are shiny traders and most of them, if not all, just won't spend their cash, they're just waiting for noobs that don't know values to show up with a rare and lowball them, this is kind of understandable since getting profits is the best way to get money.

Shinies aren't as "special" as they used to be in like 2012-2014, people were feeling so good when they caught one, shiny hype was so strong because they were rare. Shinies are now common and not as meaningfull as before.

I don't think we could get an economy like the one we had years ago, because there are too many shinies around. The only way I can see that could bring us a solid economy again would be a server wipe, but then a lot of people would be mad and would quit the game because this game is so much time and effort consuming and the grind is ridiculously annoying and boring.

Every MMOs have to die sooner or later, I don't think devs can do something about the economy sadly.

Spoiler

TzCMDW6.jpg?1

To be honest I agree with everything you stated cuz it's facts bruh. Not even if they remove hordes right now will it be enough to fix it. The thing is a server wipe would never happen since some spent savings in game and too much effort to lose. Economy can't be like it was in 2014. Too much has changed. so yeh it's end game bro sooner or later. All good things must come to an end, eventually.

1 hour ago, Aerun said:

What is rare is you posting relevant stuffs on forums.

holy shit xD 

Edited by Goku
On 6/10/2018 at 2:11 PM, Raederz said:

Lets say 23 of september

Wasn't it in 2017? Also, the game ain't dead yet, far from it in my opinion. Things always change, it doesn't mean it's the end.

Edited by Scoholz
9 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Lets say 23 of september

If new player read what you think they really get ride of this game for sure.

End game ? 

Games dead because economy ? 

If all trader leave game the collectors getting bored and the only player will be the just for fun who left so im fine. 

Its like in real life the economy destroys the bigger trader sooner or later with their own greed. 

But the little ones always stay like       c o c kroaches <-- why censor a animals name ^-^ 

Edited by Sengoku9191

This is just a private joke not a spoiler lol (or maybe private taunt idk)

3 minutes ago, Sengoku9191 said:

Games dead because economy ?

No don't worry they just need shocking speech to satisfy their complaining need

Edited by Raederz
35 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Lets say 23 of september

The day you stop posting irrelevant stuff? @Aerun bruh we might actually see the light after all. 

23 minutes ago, Sengoku9191 said:

You wanna make pokemon rare again. 

Wiith new region let some pokemon spawn only in winter   or summer. 

Bääm they really rare  and more rare for shiny types.

Shelmet is an example bro. Yet Shelmet is everywhere. Just like some people. So in lets say perspective... Shinies will become more less valueable regardless what is happening. There is no solution for this problem.

2 hours ago, Akshit said:
2 hours ago, Zymogen said:

I can agree with you for the most part, but the one issue I have with that is that the values of competitive Pokemon are not dropping accordingly. The monetary input required to breed comps stays the same as it was in the previous inflated economic climate due to items which have a static price (e.g. braces at 10k/unit). Therefore, as most other aspects of the economy begin to deflate, the cost of breeding stays the same and even theoretically increases with the increasing value of yen itself. 

If this general deflation of the economy is an intended outcome, then I would suggest that the cost of items such as braces need to be reduced also in order to equilibrate. 

Breeders & everstone can be found at much cheaper rate than before though, so that's something.

But yeah, the braces price remaining constant could be an issue I guess, depending how so many are required and their price remains the same...

Maybe it will be reduced in future, a suggestion can be made about it too.

In addition to the mentioned price drop for breeders and Everstones I believe there are more examples were getting comps has become cheaper:

• it has become much cheaper to breed genderless comps due to the added mechanics
  • the price for 'imperfect' comps has dropped (for example HP Fire comps that have lower IVs than would be necessary now)...
  • the price for braces did drop two times (first from 25k to 15k, then again from 15k to 10k) if I remember correctly - of course it could be discussed if the price need to be changed again, but as Tyrone said without insight on the money generated & sunk it is difficult for us to say if the sink could be lower or would need to be higher
44 minutes ago, Toupi said:

inflation is bad

deflation is bad

at least good old doomsaying is good no matter what xd

A little bit less simplified - and maybe less fatalistic :D I believe it is important to not leave out the positive effects:
Inflation is bad for those holding money and good for those holding goods.
Deflation is bad for those holding goods and good for those holding money.

Generally, what I hope to see in the future would be:

•  an interesting (=not boring) way to earn money as I think this is a major issue (and has been for a very long time)
    • hopefully this will be achieved once raidable dungeons are available... maybe this year, maybe next year :/
  • an auction house (also an issue for a long time)
    • to make it easier for any player (especially newer ones that might have problems knowing the real value of e.g. a shiny they caught) to get the value out of  items/pokemon they sell

No, economy doesnt works around shiny prices anymore. (does it worked b4 ? LOL) Now Yen worth more than money and people wont be able to purchase a "limited time item", stock them and sell a while later for huge price, as they ll be common af.

Now the thing is POWER FARM YAY, BREEDING SERVICES YAY, Lets back to 6 persians PayDay times.

People just get frustrated cus they spented months to hunt a uncommon or rare shiny and now with the popularity of the game in china (which is good for it tho) more people starts to hunt shinies and more shinies will appear. As the game lacks end game new items/pokemons atm, the economy wont improve so fast.

While things that are dependent on market pricing like shinies, lucky eggs, and more are deflating, a lot of the fixed price items are going up in value like healing items (with the only substitute to getting them being playing a farmvile simulator with the berries). Even ones like the bands that are just staying the same price, it is effectively harder to get them due to the mass nerf of NPC yen payout a few months ago.

While there is deflation going on with other sorts of items, nobody is mentioning that yen is losing purchasing power when it comes to these fixed costs for items. It is harder and it costs more to heal your pokemon or catch Pokemon than in the past.

4 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

While things that are dependent on market pricing like shinies, lucky eggs, and more are deflating, a lot of the fixed price items are going up in value like healing items (with the only substitute to getting them being playing a farmvile simulator with the berries). Even ones like the bands that are just staying the same price, it is effectively harder to get them due to the mass nerf of NPC yen payout a few months ago.

While there is deflation going on with other sorts of items, nobody is mentioning that yen is losing purchasing power when it comes to these fixed costs for items. It is harder and it costs more to heal your pokemon or catch Pokemon than in the past.

That's sucks. It's true. But this a problem of constant price of bands, balls, potions etc

1 minute ago, Toupi said:

That's sucks. It's true. But this a problem of constant price of bands, balls, potions etc

Then I'll probably put forth a question that anyone can answer: Why were prices especially on healing items moved up if it's very clear that deflation is happening currently? This pretty much only screws the player when it comes to buying fixed priced items.

1 hour ago, Anthrazit said:
  •  an interesting (=not boring) way to earn money as I think this is a major issue (and has been for a very long time)
    • hopefully this will be achieved once raidable dungeons are available... maybe this year, maybe next year :/

This is probably the most pressing issue honestly. Deflation wouldn't seem so bad if the methods of making money in this game weren't so mind-numbingly mundane. 

1 minute ago, Zymogen said:

This is probably the most pressing issue honestly. Deflation wouldn't seem so bad if the methods of making money in this game weren't so mind-numbingly mundane. 

stop using big words

but this is true

7 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

I believe it has been brought up in the past that we understand the lack of end game content and after Android is at an acceptable level we will be looking to focus efforts on multiple features that will bring this about. The details will be brought up as they get closer to release.

To the other points of deflation and the state of the economy I agree that it is changing and has in the past month much more than we anticipated due to the influx of new players and overall increase in active population but we will not be making quick decisions based on a recent change and the economy is something that will always be changing based on the forces within the community that shape it.

1 minute ago, Squirtle said:

I believe it has been brought up in the past that we understand the lack of end game content and after Android is at an acceptable level we will be looking to focus efforts on multiple features that will bring this about. The details will be brought up as they get closer to release.

To the other points of deflation and the state of the economy I agree that it is changing and has in the past month much more than we anticipated due to the influx of new players and overall increase in active population but we will not be making quick decisions based on a recent change and the economy is something that will always be changing based on the forces within the community that shape it.

This is what I was looking for, thanks 

1 minute ago, Squirtle said:

I will just say that one unchangeable factor that I mentioned in my point is the NPC money payout compared to fixed item prices. While I have been happy that items like the bands have been lowered in price to make breeding comps cheaper, I'm confused on why the price of healing items have gone up when the time to money ratio has been nerfed for players? I'm just wondering if the dev team is wanting to push us over to other methods like berry farming.

I don't understand why people are bringing up the shiny market in this economy discussion. The shiny market is completly insignificant when it comes to the MMO economy. There is no credit in MMO, so shiny transactions between players are more or less irrelevant since there is hardly any value being created with these transactions. Battling NPC/Paydaying vs the cost of breeding/tms/items is what our economy is all about. Shinies, meh.

17 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I don't understand why people are bringing up the shiny market in this economy discussion.

Because people who are too lazy to grind for shit will use shinies to get money or whatever they want.

Remember when lucky eggs was the most popular form of currency ? Some hacks happened in like 2014 which made lucky eggs' price drop a lot.

Now most of people use shinies as their form of currency, since like you said, paydaying and battling NPC are ridiculously boring to do and it's just easier to spam trade chat to sell shinies and get money in bulk.

3 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Because people who are too lazy to grind for shit will use shinies to get money or whatever they want.

Remember when lucky eggs was the most popular form of currency ? Some hacks happened in like 2014 which made lucky eggs' price drop a lot.

Now most of people use shinies as their form of currency, since like you said, paydaying and battling NPC are ridiculously boring to do and it's just easier to spam trade chat to sell shinies and get money in bulk.

People who are too lazy to grind for shit do not participate in the mmo economy in any way and therefore their concerns should have no weight in this economy discussion.