The State of the Economy

Let me start this up with a disclaimer that I'm not intending for this thread to facilitate flaming or finger pointing, so please moderate it accordingly, but I just feel like we need a place where people may openly voice their opinions on the current state of the general economy and to find out whether the devs have any plans in place in order to ameliorate it if it is seen by consensus to be in an undesirable state.

The general feeling at the moment from my own experience, and what I've seen other people say, is that money is growing increasingly more difficult to come by and that what used to be a stable shiny market is now in tatters due to the massive influx of new players and ultimately shinies due to increased accessibility to MMO. 

Discuss. 

Edited by Zymogen
24 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

what used to be a stable shiny market is now in tatters due to the massive influx of new players and ultimately shinies due to increased accessibility to MMO. 

Shiny market was never exactly stable, since they do not come with a Price tag... a general average opinion of players, depending on it's rarity and appeal has always decided the value of a shiny pokemon, with increase in different options with new regions and increase of the same shiny due to influx of more players, fall in prices was sort of inevitable.

Though yeah current state is more unstable than before... Unstable in a way that price is only falling and not rising, there would probably be a rock bottom it would hit and comparatively stable shiny market would be there, with everything as cheap as it could be... This is going to happen happening because too many players finding shinys everyday (including rare ones), some even randomly hatching Natured 5x31 shinys, etc... 

35 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

money is growing increasingly more difficult to come by

& with pokeyen being harder to farm than before, we are simply going through deflation so that is not as bad as it seems... lesser money is being generated but that has led to a massive decrease in general prices, of almost everything.

5 minutes ago, Lazaaro said:

RP used to have value and was worth buying.

Now its value dropped massively ( I blame the Chinese ).

We need a fix.

Apart from huge influx of players buying RPs.... the fall in price is also due to increase in value of Pokeyen too since it's so hard to farm now.

imo current situation is not bad..

RP is still being bought though, a lot more than before... so more donations for DEVs

& players can buy RP items for cheaper... 

It's a win-win

Discussion without data is pointless. We don't know by how much the playerbase has increased, we don't know how much yen is generated and sunk daily, we don't know how much RP is bought daily, etc.

That data won't be made public regardless.

It does feel like there's deflation at the moment, judging by the reduced price of consumables such as leppas and everstones. It probably is a bit too 'difficult' to generate yen at the moment, which is the public concensus.

Edited by Tyrone

Main problem is people discussing without experience on how to analyse stuff.

This is pointless, and nurtures the feeling of a shit economy for people who just .. read the complains, and don't try to get more involved in the reflexion/analysis.

Being annoyed by something that reduce your income doesnt make you an economist able to tell devs what to implement.

Edited by Raederz
14 minutes ago, Akshit said:

& with pokeyen being harder to farm than before, we are simply going through deflation so that is not as bad as it seems... lesser money is being generated but that has led to a massive decrease in general prices, of almost everything.

I can agree with you for the most part, but the one issue I have with that is that the values of competitive Pokemon are not dropping accordingly. The monetary input required to breed comps stays the same as it was in the previous inflated economic climate due to items which have a static price (e.g. braces at 10k/unit). Therefore, as most other aspects of the economy begin to deflate, the cost of breeding stays the same and even theoretically increases with the increasing value of yen itself. 

If this general deflation of the economy is an intended outcome, then I would suggest that the cost of items such as braces need to be reduced also in order to equilibrate. 

13 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Discussion without data is pointless. We don't know by how much the playerbase has increased, we don't know how much yen is generated and sunk daily, we don't know how much RP is bought daily, etc.

That data won't be made public regardless.

Sure, which is why I'm ushering towards some other form of input from the devs in the OP. 

Alright, so I'm gonna give my opinion about the economy.

Shinies are very important for the economy to work properly.

More people playing the game means more shinies to be found, but also the older the game gets the more shinies will be found, in both case shinies' price will drop.

Most of the players are now Chinese and they get rares as easily as my boy @Parke gets rats. Don't ask me why they are luckier than any of us, I have no idea.

Everything dropping because of the Chinese players (no offense, this is actually not bad for the poor guys). We all know that the Chinese are the best at micro-transactions, they buy a lot of RPs to buy donators since they hunt a lot and probably more than any of us thus why RPs price dropped a lot.

That being said, most of the Chinese guys don't sell their rares so that's why rares price won't drop that much, not a lot of them are in the market. They do sell uncommon and common shinies though, that's why a lot of shinies dropped. Ex: Shiny Snorlax now being worth like 15m when it was like 60-80m a while ago, nothing changed about the spawn rates or anything.

On the money part, I feel like the people who are the richest are shiny traders and most of them, if not all, just won't spend their cash, they're just waiting for noobs that don't know values to show up with a rare and lowball them, this is kind of understandable since getting profits is the best way to get money.

Shinies aren't as "special" as they used to be in like 2012-2014, people were feeling so good when they caught one, shiny hype was so strong because they were rare. Shinies are now common and not as meaningfull as before.

I don't think we could get an economy like the one we had years ago, because there are too many shinies around. The only way I can see that could bring us a solid economy again would be a server wipe, but then a lot of people would be mad and would quit the game because this game is so much time and effort consuming and the grind is ridiculously annoying and boring.

Every MMOs have to die sooner or later, I don't think devs can do something about the economy sadly.

5 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Being annoyed by something that reduce your income doesnt make you an economist able to tell devs what to implement.

I'm not demanding that something be implemented - if you cared to read the OP, you'll see that I'm looking to facilitate genuine discussion with the input of devs in order to get a feel for what's what. If anything is pointless, it's your comment.

Edited by Zymogen
3 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

I'm not demanding that something be implemented - if you cared to read the OP, you'll see that I'm looking to facilitate genuine discussion with the input of devs in order to get a feel for what's what. Your comment is pointless.

I'm not talking about this post but about the general situation around in pokemmo.

My point is pretty much same as yours, saying that any discussion is pointless if we keep as informed as today.

Btw, it's not a necessity/a wish for all staff/devstaff to let players of their game analyse their economy

Edited by Raederz

Guys i just wanna play pokemon online ^-^ 

I dont think it helps in this disscusion but i dont care about the economy.

I wanna get badgeds catch up my team and troll around searching for a fight or event. 

Hope this belongs to this threat at all since i talk about my mind ^^ 

And btw when people getting rich and after 5 years someone with 150.000.000 pokedollar quite the game his money disappears.

Think about this fact or if he gets banned for scamming

Edited by Sengoku9191
1 minute ago, Sengoku9191 said:

I wanna get badgeds catch up my team and troll around searching for a fight or event. 

Wow I just found an answer without racist asumptions, rarer than shinies these days

14 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

I can agree with you for the most part, but the one issue I have with that is that the values of competitive Pokemon are not dropping accordingly. The monetary input required to breed comps stays the same as it was in the previous inflated economic climate due to items which have a static price (e.g. braces at 10k/unit). Therefore, as most other aspects of the economy begin to deflate, the cost of breeding stays the same and even theoretically increases with the increasing value of yen itself. 

If this general deflation of the economy is an intended outcome, then I would suggest that the cost of items such as braces need to be reduced also in order to equilibrate. 

Breeders & everstone can be found at much cheaper rate than before though, so that's something.

But yeah, the braces price remaining constant could be an issue I guess, depending how so many are required and their price remains the same...

Maybe it will be reduced in future, a suggestion can be made about it too.

14 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Main problem is people discussing without experience on how to analyse stuff.

This is pointless, and nurtures the feeling of a shit economy for people who just .. read the complains, and don't try to get more involved in the reflexion/analysis.

That is not what is going on here though..

And if people are complaining & feel that it is a shit economy, then that is what it is, for them anyway.

& they still are a part of the economy, even if their reasoning is flawed regarding the state of economy, they are entitled to raise their concern just as any other guy.

Also, this creates an opportunity for the people in 'economist' category to correct the ones who are simply annoyed and discussing without experience.

3 minutes ago, Sengoku9191 said:

That's great, wish you all the best.

It does contribute in a way, shows how much casual new player cares about the economy, i.e., not at all.

You are a part of the economy, your views matter just as that of anyone else. So yeah it belongs here, dw ^^

Edited by Akshit
1 minute ago, Akshit said:

Also, this creates an opportunity for the people in 'economist' category to correct the ones who are simply annoyed and discussing without experience.

Like the non-informed people would accept that their complain isnt legit ?

Just now, Raederz said:

Like the non-informed people would accept that their complain isnt legit ?

Atleast it opens a way to have a positive discussion regarding it though, something a bit rare these days...

And they just might, if they can finally realize how change is inevitable, even in an online pokemon mmo economy...

3 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Good thing Raederz isn't a mod anymore otherwise no discussion would be allowed it seems

wut ?

I'm just pointing how discussing attempts are recieved by the complainers

Nice personnal attack you hurt me

Edited by Raederz

Woah...

2 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Good thing Raederz isn't a mod anymore otherwise no discussion would be allowed it seems

2 minutes ago, Aerun said:

What is rare is you posting relevant stuffs on forums.

1 hour ago, Zymogen said:

not intending for this thread to facilitatefinger pointing

1 minute ago, Takens said:

Economy is shit right now

Hide contents

Change my mind?

It would cost 2m+ to get a 30 Day Donator before... now it can be purchased for under 1m

Everstone were around 20k before... Now you can get em for around 10k

Shinys like Mr.Mime, Snorlax, which were 60m around at one point, can be got for less than half that amount now..

etc etc...

Economy is going through deflation...

It's not a shit economy as prices are also decreasing as the pokeyen becomes harder and harder to grind.

& for those who grind and generate pokeyen, the economy is rather good for them since everything is more affordable.