Pokemon Collection

Hi, so I'm pretty new to PokeMMO and I had a question regarding pokemon collection as I haven't really seen anything on this topic (and I'm not sure if this is where I should post this). 

So I started on the Pokemon Black version in Unova. I remember reading there is a way to get to other regions (and black only has Unova). Can I go to other regions without having the ROMs or the access to those regions is through the ROMs? 

See the way I'm thinking of it is, when you use the service to go from one region to another you're just activating the other ROM with the same character? That is the case right? If anyone could help clear this up for me that'd be great.

As another note, is it truly possible to complete the pokedex as of now or no? I've seen things like pokemon not obtainable and some legendaries are only on a per-person basis but just a question.

Edited by ScarletRed2
8 minutes ago, ScarletRed2 said:

So I started on the Pokemon Black version in Unova. I remember reading there is a way to get to other regions (and black only has Unova). Can I go to other regions without having the ROMs or the access to those regions is through the ROMs? 

Well, if they ask for ROMs, there's a reason for that, and that's also the reason why you got unova, you need Roms to access kanto/hoenn.

See the way I'm thinking of it is, when you use the service to go from one region to another you're just activating the other ROM with the same character? That is the case right? If anyone could help clear this up for me that'd be great.

To put it simple, it loads the assets from the other ROMs.

As another note, is it truly possible to complete the pokedex as of now or no?

No, we lack legendary pokemons and zorua/zoroark. Plus we don't have access to like ~41 sinnoh pokemons, I forgot the exact number. You can capture mewtwo, rayquaza, zekrom through their special 'event'. But only those, and you can't keep them, they're temporary. 

Edited by redspawn

So i need to play kanto and jhoto fire red and or leafgreen rom ? 

And to acces to unova i need black or white rom ?

When i first add the blaack rom am i able to enter leaf green with the same charakter after it loaded the files or i have to start over new?

Im askin because ive been only able to play with the android version and i font know if its different to the computer starting menu.

--

I also seen that some region have 2d graphics but black and white and maybe heartgold and soulsilver will have 3d graphics implemented so hows that working ?

Sorry if you missunderstand what im about to trying to ask ^^ 

23 minutes ago, Sengoku9191 said:

When i first add the blaack rom am i able to enter leaf green with the same charakter after it loaded the files or i have to start over new?

it will soft reset, by soft reset, I mean, all your current pokemons will be sent to PC, and you'll start like you start in any handheld game, by choosing the region starter. No you don't lose cash, items or pokemons from other regions. 

We have 2D graphics in hoenn and kanto, while unova has 3D graphics.

And yes, you do need the ROMs, to play other regions, obviously. And before you ask, yes we use heart gold to polish the look and to give us followers, no we do not have Johto, and chances are we won't have anytime soon.

Also no, Android is exactly the same as PC, same game, different platform, is a concept known as cross platforming.

6 hours ago, redspawn said:

it will soft reset, by soft reset, I mean, all your current pokemons will be sent to PC, and you'll start like you start in any handheld game, by choosing the region starter. No you don't lose cash, items or pokemons from other regions. 

Just to avoid misconceptions. It happens only when you start your adventure in other region. If you already started there and just returning through docks you will be teleported to the proper docks in that region.

It's logical and natural but I felt it's better to just clarify it.