Raise Level Cap remove first E4 clear money ban time

Quarock

Question

Alright so I'm a returning player trying to give PokeMMO another shot. For the most Part I breezed through Kanto in a rush because I really want to get to post-game and try out competitive battling/breeding and do staff events.

However, I am completely and utterly stuck at the elite four right now thanks to this terrible level cap. at 62. On my first attempt my pokemon matched the Elite Four's pokemon's levels for the most part, but in the end I only got to Agatha before I wiped out and was sent back. When I tried to give it another shot I was blocked out for 20 minutes.

Next shot I give it the same attempt with my same team slightly higher levelled than before with 2 new additions and still lose to Agatha and get blocked out again for 20 minutes.

Latest attempt I gave in and bought 6 level 62s to try desperately and finish the Elite Four before wiping out again to Agatha and being blocked again for another 20 minutes.

The highest level of Elite Four pokemon is 57 only 5 levels behind the maximum cap of 62 and their other pokemon linger slightly below that level. The AI has progressively gotten smarted by the devs and now switch constantly and use items more cleverly completely wrecking your plans. Not to mention level 57 pokemon often one shot your level 62s or even outspeed a famous example is Agatha's gengar who is constantly wiping my team out with her move coverage.

At this point I am just completely frustrated since I have spent a total of an hour blocked by the Elite Four and have spent tons of money burning through revives and hyper potions since I am forced to compete with such a similar level team.

Imagine how frustrating this must be to a complete newcomer to PokeMMO who doesn't know the reasons behind the 20 minute ban being yen inflation and not understanding the reasoning behind the level cap.

I understand each have a purpose I truly do, but it's getting to the point of me giving up entirely with how frustrating each loss is to the Elite Four. The only options I have now is to spend more money getting another team or give up because thanks to the level cap I am not allowed to go out and train my pokemon harder to beat the Elite Four.

The level cap needs to be risen to 68 at the least, as well as no money being given on the first clear of the elite four in exchange for no ban time for a loss.

16 answers to this question

I believe the cooldown is there because they don't want people abusing it to farm money.

You get 10k for beating one of the elite 4 and once you reach the end you can log out and start all over just to get more money.

Of course I could be wrong since I never actually lost to the E4 at all and in that case then they should remove the cooldown for first timers.

Also the cap is just right.

And you can still train your pokemons, EV train them that is.  Unfortunately you started in Kanto and all the good spots are in Unova. You can skip the E4 for now and go to Unova (which also lets you access the breeding house fairly quickly).

We appreciate your concerns regarding the level caps we have put in place. ATM we are not going to change the level caps drastically but we may entertain some minor tweaks in the future. Regarding the cooldown times I don't see this changing as we have this in place due to economic reasons in game it is a delicate balance that we try and maintain.

3 hours ago, Squirtle said:

We appreciate your concerns regarding the level caps we have put in place. ATM we are not going to change the level caps drastically but we may entertain some minor tweaks in the future. Regarding the cooldown times I don't see this changing as we have this in place due to economic reasons in game it is a delicate balance that we try and maintain.

Can you remove the cooldown timer on losses only? i was in the same situation as Quarok and it is TRULY frustrating to be locked out of E4. It took me about 10 tries to beat E4 a few months ago when I redid a playthrough.  Difficulty is okayish. Real slap in the face to lose to lorelei lol...and then have a nice timeout in the corner.

You don't get any reward for defeating a few leaders of the E4 so there is no reason  not to do this.

Doing E4 rematches also sucks balls if you lose on the first or second fight, then you gotta wait 30+ minutes or change to another zone. total turnoff and I often just log out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Just like others before me, I think removing the cooldown timer of the storyline Elite Four should be a thing. Since you got the rewards (Cash & Battle Points) after the final victory, I don't see why this would hurt the economy.

54 minutes ago, Xaytoj said:

cooldown timer of the storyline Elite Four should be a thing

never understood why this is a thing, but if I'm guessing it's probably directly connected to rematching and dying on e4 last champ over and over for experience.

Edited by redspawn
39 minutes ago, redspawn said:

never understood why this is a thing, but if I'm guessing it's probably directly connected to rematching and dying on e4 last champ over and over for experience.

If it's related to that, I don't understand. There are ways to gain more experience and faster like Durant hordes.

Edited by Xaytoj
Clarifications
40 minutes ago, redspawn said:

1 minute ago, Xaytoj said:

If it's related to that, I don't understand. There are many way at that level to gain experience way faster, like Durant hordes.

it's even more annoying when there's a level cap at 62 anyway and you don't care about money and the xp is useless since you're stuck at 62. I finally beat the E4 on my 5th try buying a choice scarf for my alakazam as it was the only way I could beat Agatha's level 58 Gengar that one shot everything.

Just remove money gain on the first elite four clear in exchange for giving us no cooldown on attempting to clear them.

4 minutes ago, Quarock said:

Just remove money gain on the first elite four clear in exchange for giving us no cooldown on attempting to clear them.

I don't see why we should sacrifice money & Battle Points since they are giving to us after beating every member of the Elite Four and the Champion or Ghetsis. We just need to have no cooldown and there is no reasons to not getting it.

Edited by Xaytoj
6 minutes ago, Quarock said:

it's even more annoying when there's a level cap at 62 anyway and you don't care about money and the xp is useless since you're stuck at 62. I finally beat the E4 on my 5th try buying a choice scarf for my alakazam as it was the only way I could beat Agatha's level 58 Gengar that one shot everything.

the cap is fair tho, I beaten all new e4s with storyline pokemons on an alt, just get stuff to cap.

12 minutes ago, redspawn said:

the cap is fair tho, I beaten all new e4s with storyline pokemons on an alt, just get stuff to cap.

Took me 4 tries I'm a returning PokeMMo player

rediculous that a full level 62 team I have in and bought for my 3rd attempt completely wiped out at Agatha, I then resorted to mid 50's comps I transferred from my old account. They all got one shot by the level 58 Gengar.

imagine a new player trying to beat the elite four on their first go and not having 5x31 natured competitive Pokémon to help out. It's extremely discouraging and turns off a lot of players.

i don't know why they're focused on lengthening story by putting a level cap when the real meat and blood of the game is post-game multiplayer experience.

Elite Four should be difficult and a real challenge. It's the main purpose of the league to test your abilitiy in battle.

I don't know if the actual Elite Four is too difficult, I will let other be judge of that but I don't want to have to face a weak Pokemon League.

I can't faceroll last challenge in the region?!! WTF devs, what's wrong with you. "E" in "E4" stands for "Easy" afterall!

1. Poke is faster because they are using items, like Choice Scarf

2. Use some pokemon that can setup, this AI is dumb enough to let you walk over it after that.

This is just an AI, with level disadvantage, you can beat it

2 hours ago, Quarock said:

Took me 4 tries I'm a returning PokeMMo player

rediculous that a full level 62 team I have in and bought for my 3rd attempt completely wiped out at Agatha, I then resorted to mid 50's comps I transferred from my old account. They all got one shot by the level 58 Gengar.

imagine a new player trying to beat the elite four on their first go and not having 5x31 natured competitive Pokémon to help out. It's extremely discouraging and turns off a lot of players.

i don't know why they're focused on lengthening story by putting a level cap when the real meat and blood of the game is post-game multiplayer experience.

1) It's meant to be challenging, it's a mmo afterall. Want easy mode? Play handheld games.

2) You do not need 5x31s. Like I said, I beat on a alt with wild pokemon that didn't even have proper nature. 

3) Git Gud.

This topic is really interesting to me. Since I've begun the game recently, I will be able to try the E4 of each region and see if they are really that hard. I will also try to use everytime a team that doesn't contain "overpowered" pokemons.

Edited by Xaytoj
5 hours ago, Xaytoj said:

This topic is really interesting to me. Since I've begun the game recently, I will be able to try the E4 of each region and see if they are really that hard. I will also try to use everytime a team that doesn't contain "overpowered" pokemons.

'overpowered' is something you shouldn't worry much about at all, I mean, the objective is to win, not to worry about what you're using, I'd advice you on grabbing a gengar, conkeldurr, dragonite/mence, krookodile to do all E4s with, they work pretty well