Question about dev stuff currently

Currently a lot of stuff is being done for android which makes perfect sense since it's brand new and has a lot of work to do but I just wanted to ask for a bit of communication regarding how stuff is going to be prioritised atm. We've been told that there's several moves and a few abilities that are coded and ready to be added in the next moderate / large patch along with some other things, but I wanted to ask how that's going to work with android currently in the beta.

Basically I am wondering will we not get any updates to desktop with these new moves / abilities that were mentioned until at least Andriod is finally out of beta? I know you don't normally do ETA's so i'll give up hope on that but because it's kinda odd atm where there are 2 different clients and we have no idea if updates can come out in the middle of the beta or not.

Would greatly appreciate a little bit of communication to help clear stuff up if possible.

Devs do communicate, it is just sometimes easy to miss if you ignore the threads in which answers/infos are given.
Try this one from two weeks ago:

tldr: "We're in the process of working on a pretty big dungeon at the moment which will contain both a legendary and some HAs"

1 hour ago, Anthrazit said:

"We're in the process of working on a pretty big dungeon at the moment which will contain both a legendary and some HAs"

Squirtle confirmed in the discord sometime ago, that they didn't even start it, they are just brainstorming about it.

12 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Squirtle confirmed in the discord sometime ago, that they didn't even start it, they are just brainstorming about it.

We're largely beyond the brainstorming portion of the dungeon, although not entirely.

I have already created quite a large amount of tiles (environmental artwork) for it, and most of the important concepts have already been outlined and already have been/are being designed.

So while not entirely untrue, by those words alone it is not a very accurate description of how far into development the dungeon is.

5 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We're largely beyond the brainstorming portion of the dungeon, although not entirely.

I have already created quite a large amount of tiles (environmental artwork) for it, and most of the important concepts have already been outlined.

So while not entirely untrue, by those words alone it is not a very accurate description of how far into development the dungeon is.

Oh that's cool, I hope you are having a ton of fun working on that part! I can't wait to see how they all blend together in the final product :D!

8 hours ago, Darkshade said:

I have already created quite a large amount of tiles (environmental artwork) for it, and most of the important concepts have already been outlined and already have been/are being designed.

2 hours ago, Squirtle said:

Not even close.

Will we probably not be getting any desktop updates until Android is up to scratch is the main thing I'm curious about, I'm entirely understanding that a lot of set-backs happened towards the start of the year etc which was unfortunate but it's just mainly how android will affect the development process for desktop.

Since android runs the same patch and content as desktop is it likely you are going to keep both on the same patch (so the current desktop patch) until it is virtually entirely completed in order to keep things more easy to handle / manage.

I'm guessing that you're not aiming for dungeon introduction with the next content patch for the games? dungeons keep coming up but it feels like a far-away thing still since they need a lot of work, and i'm guessing you'll probably have some kind of content similar to the introduction of Phenomenon / some new abilities and moves being implemented?

Either way thanks to all of you working hard on android, when I finally get a new phone it'll be nice to have access to it for when I have free time so I can see how tons of people are happy to have it already c:

Years ago, I would blame staff for delaying content everytime.

But after I've joined the development area, I can say: Its hard af give ETAS. 

With bigger dev teams at this point u would have all the future updates planned with base on what you are doing. But since they are a small group of devs, (and they doesnt want expand it as it would run from the starter plan from 6+ years ago) big stuffs takes a lot of times, u can just program and wait it work all perfectly, u need revision and debug all stuff b4 release if for prevent fatal bugs which would require a throwback in the server data, for an example.

After that u still receive tons of feedbacks from players reporting bugs, and some bugs are hard to find (think in a 10k code line and the bug is a logic error in a random block from that)

Staff could just fork some parts of code to the community help and see what happens (There are lots of people which would help this game walk, even if voluntarily)