Make a Wish Event Idea

xnemoxx5990xx

Make a Wish Event  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should any Items be Tradable?

2. 2. Who would you like to see more in this type of Event ?

• Jirachi
    • Celebi
    • Both included in event
  3. 3. Should the Obtainable non breedable egg automatically come as a shiny ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Selectable when you receive egg

Question

We're going to use [ Celebi and Jirachi ] for references in this Idea explanation as these two Pokemon love to have fun like kids they have cheerful natures.

The event will work almost like when you chase the legendary dog Pokemon in Pokemon Silver and Gold.

The "Pokemon" will randomly generate in an Area " Route or Location " but will never take longer than 5hours for appear.

A Server message will Display 1 time every 3 minutes for 12minutes  Saying " A Mysterious Pokemon has appeared  " on or in " Route or Location ".

Trainers will have 15 minutes to find the Pokemon Friends which will show up in the world map as a " Pokemon Icon "

Trainers will battle this Pokemon and it will have perfect stats across the board with no weakness and 3k hp. 

A Trainer can only Challenge the Pokemon 1 time per Mysterious Appearance.

Upon successful battling the pokemon will reward the Trainer with a " Make a wish coin ".

These " Make a Wish Coin's " can be used to purchase multiple special Items below.

These Coins are not Tradable.

[ Effects Below Are Stackable with other similar Item Effects ]

Items below require 2 " Make a Wish Coins "

[ Important ] All Section Items below cannot stack with their related named items.

Example "a" - " Shooting Star Drink  "a" cannot exist with the same effect of "Shooting Star Drink "b" and Vice Versa. This is because there will be a check for the Variable "a" If you use variable "a" and already have an active "a" the item will present you with a message saying  " Cannot use, effect already active ". However because "Shooting Star Drink "b" has the same or more powerful effect, "Shooting Star Drink "b" will always overwrite "Shooting Star Drink "a" with a new 60min timer.

[ UnTradable ] Make a Shiny Wish Drink "a" - Upon use for the next 60mins will Increase your Shiny Appearance rate by 5%

[ UnTradable ] Wishful Training Drink     "a" - Doubles EV gains from Pokemon battles for the next 60mins

[ UnTradable ] Shooting Star Drink         "a"- Increase Reward money from Pokemon battles by 10% for the next 60mins

Requires - 8 Make a Wish Coins

Only One Lucky Wish can exist in your Inventory at a time.

[ Lucky Wish ] - This item Provides one of each of the following effects below.

Make a Shiny Wish Drink "b" - Effect of 5% or 10%  |||  5% effect has a 75% chance of occurring while 10% has a 25% chance of occurring

Wishful Training Drink     "b"- Doubles or Triples  ||| Double Has 70% chance of occurring while  10% chance has a 30% chance of occurring

Shooting Star Drink          "b"- Increases Reward by 10% or 100%  ||| 10% has a 90% chance of occurring while 100% has a 10% chance of occurring

I believe there are enough Benefits to justify the the 7 Coins of time plus the positives that you " Could " receive

because the effects only last for 60mins. Forces one to think how they will use their time after purchase..

[ Wishing Well " Shop " ]

5x " Make a Wish Coins " for each of the following Items.

Master Ball

Rare Candy

Golden Nugget 10k

Sacred Ash

x10 Poke Whistle " Summons Pokemon to location"  Works like Sweet Scent

--------

150 " Make a Wish Coins " for each of the following Items.

Turn a normal Pokemon into a Shiny Pokemon.

--------

3 " Make a Wish Coins " for each of the following Items.

Carbos

Calcium

HP Up

Iron

PP Max

PP Up

Protien

Zinc

--------

1 " Make a Wish Coin " for each of the following Items.

x25 Poke Balls

x25 Premier Balls

x15 Great Balls

x10 Ultra Ball

x20 Potions

x15 Super Potions

x05 Full Restore

x15 Elixir

x10 Full Heal

x05 Lemonade

x05 Water

x05 Soda

You may be confused about the 1 coin items but it provides a neutral chance when Purchasing the Random Wish Box.

------------------------

Random Wish Box - Will generate 1 of any item purchasable with the " Make a Wish Coins ". Excludes :  [ Jirachi or Celebi Egg ]

Mechanic Details | All 6 Mechanics will roll a random generator. Priority 6 will always be successful. Priority lists from 1 to 6 with 1 being best quality and 6 being not so good.

Priority 6 is always successful with that being said if a better Priority number is rolled that number will be chosen and an item from that category will randomly be obtained.

Examples : If I buy a Random Wish Box the game will generate each tier category. Lets say the game rolls me Priority 6 , 4 ,2 . I will obtain whatever is listed at random for Priority 2 because that is the highest priority of the 3.

Very High Chance for 1 Coin Items            ||  Mechanic Details || Very High Chance equals to 1:1           Priority -  6

High Chance for 3 coin items                     ||  Mechanic Details || High Chance equals to           1:3           Priority - 5

Rare Chance for 5 coin items                     ||  Mechanic Details || Rare Chance equals to            1:30        Priority - 4

Super Rare Chance for 2 coin items         ||  Mechanic Details || Super Rare Chance equals to 1:300      Priority - 3

Ultra Rare Chance for 8 coins                    ||  Mechanic Details || Ultra Rare Chance equals to   1:3000    Priority -2

1% Secret Rare chance 100 coin Items   ||  Mechanic Details || Secret Rare Chance equals to 1:30000  Priority-1

[ Jirachi or Celebi Egg ] 50k steps Unbreadable , Untradable, Event Pokemon Only

This will cost 5 coins for a 1:1000 chance of receiving a Shiny Jirachi or Shiny Celebi Egg.

If the trainer does not receive the egg the trainer will instead receive an item within the list of items that cost 1 " Make a Wish Coin ".

Even though this is just a suggestion. I'm not to sure how it could be implemented. I know this would take some work but would defiantly bring the game to life.

Criticism is encouraged ~~

18 answers to this question

7 hours ago, xnemoxx5990xx said:

[ Tradable ] Wishful Training Drink     - Doubles IV gains from Pokemon battles for the next 60mins

you can EVs, not IVs, and there's macho brace for that.

[ Tradable ] Shooting Star Drink          - Increase Reward money from Pokemon battles by 10% for the next 60mins

There's amulet coin.

[ Tradable ] Make a Shiny Wish Flute - Upon use for the next 60mins will Increase your Shiny Appearance rate by 5%

Wouldn't be against, but 5% is actually kinda big, so doubt they'd implement this.

24 minutes ago, redspawn said:

There's amulet coin.

Wouldn't be against, but 5% is actually kinda big, so doubt they'd implement this.

It's bit unfair to critique whole idea because of examples of rewards. Let's not focus on details. They never translate 1:1 from the concept phase to the end product. 

Imo it's a bit like phenos. Which are cool and we're even cooler when everyone was hunting them. But ending like mewtwo and Ray mini-events it's not a bad thing. Things like that always age. If they don't, they are very profitable and ppl are doing them for money and not the fun of it anyway(like Christmas dungeon).

Long story short, idea is fine. For sure we will not see it in development soon but we can say this about every new idea rn

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

There's amulet coin.

The Idea is under the assumption that the effects are stackable with other item effects.

2 minutes ago, xnemoxx5990xx said:

The Idea is under the assumption that the effects are stackable with other item effects.

Ok then, I find the EV one, a bit to much, that one I wouldn't consider fine, it's already fast with macho brace. I'd be fine with others, but I'm not sure is how you could implement it, in a way that wouldn't be 'broken' per say. 5% isn't much, but donator + that is already 15%, market could maybe suffer from that idk.

47 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Ok then, I find the EV one, a bit to much, that one I wouldn't consider fine, it's already fast with macho brace. I'd be fine with others, but I'm not sure is how you could implement it, in a way that wouldn't be 'broken' per say. 5% isn't much, but donator + that is already 15%, market could maybe suffer from that idk.

I don't believe the Market Will suffer for long because the items are consumed and after the event is completed the items will decline over time as for the amount in circulation.

Would it make it better that the NPC for trading Coins in Disappears a week after the Event Ends until the next Jirachi Event. I think this could make it more balanced and only effect the market during the Event which is what Event do in any MMO so it shouldn't be that big a deal. Remember you only get a coin if you defeat Jirachi and you only get One encounter per Appearance. Time Vs Difficulty and Loss of Time.

Events are made to come with positives as an Incentive to play them in the first place. If you really really think its broken or too broken I can try to think of something better.

1 minute ago, xnemoxx5990xx said:

I don't believe the Market Will suffer for long because the items are consumed and after the event is completed the items will decline over time as for the amount in circulation.

not with the item implementation, but with more shinies entering the market at any given time.

35 minutes ago, redspawn said:

not with the item implementation, but with more shinies entering the market at any given time.

I can only assume that PokeMMO uses the same appearance rate as GF , which is

with   0% it drops to [ 1: 8192 ]

with 10% it drops to [ 1:7373 ]

with 15% it drops to [ 1:6963 ]

Sure it could increase the Appearance of Shiny Pokemon but that is still a high number.

I guess it's up to the players to determine how much the tradable items will be worth after the event ends.

Edited by xnemoxx5990xx
1 hour ago, xnemoxx5990xx said:

I can only assume that PokeMMO uses the same appearance rate as GF , which is

with   0% it drops to [ 1: 8192 ]

with 10% it drops to [ 1:7373 ]

with 15% it drops to [ 1:6963 ]

Sure it could increase the Appearance of Shiny Pokemon but that is still a high number.

I guess it's up to the players to determine how much the tradable items will be worth after the event ends.

No the rate is 1/30k with it being 1/27k with donor status. The other thing to consider is that players will hold the items after the event ends to sell for a profit later. This happened with the Christmas Presents and Goodie Bag from past overworld events.

39 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

No the rate is 1/30k with it being 1/27k with donor status. The other thing to consider is that players will hold the items after the event ends to sell for a profit later. This happened with the Christmas Presents and Goodie Bag from past overworld events.

Okay how about this....

Could make it so that the GM can Activate the Event with a command "Wishmaker". This could make it become more controlled than the Window of 1-5hour

what this means is that the Event could be Indefinite and the Shop NPC will never disappear. By doing this I would suggest to increase the item Costs from 1 for Tradables to something like 7, and the non Tradable from 7 to 21 .

This is a perfect Conversion vs Time. It still keeps the benefits within the parameter and provides an incentive to take a chance for the non-tradable item.

OR

Keep the Event as is but change the Item exchange from 1 to 7 Make a Wish Coins and 7 to 21.

Either method should minimize the amount of tradable items in circulation and the effect of the GTL.

5 hours ago, Toupi said:

Or just make them untradeable. This is your "wish" afterall, why would you be even able to sell that

This is true , I'll make the changes and edit the Original Post Maybe add some extra Items.

I've made the changes hopefully it looks better. Going to sleep and will rework this again.

Edited by xnemoxx5990xx

I think details like economy balancing is better left for the dev team. If they pick this up, it will be because of main gist behind it and not because example reward have 10% or 5%.

Rewards ideas are good because we show them what we value, what is consider for us the best reward and general effort to reward value. Which still is not that important since for sure they will implement it the way it fits their general plan anyway. 

12 hours ago, Toupi said:

I think details like economy balancing is better left for the dev team. If they pick this up, it will be because of main gist behind it and not because example reward have 10% or 5%.

Rewards ideas are good because we show them what we value, what is consider for us the best reward and general effort to reward value. Which still is not that important since for sure they will implement it the way it fits their general plan anyway. 

Of course whatever they feel is the equal to 5% and 10%

Updated Some changes to the Original Post,

Added the addition of a possible chance at Obtaining Shiny Jirachi and Shiny Celebi Egg.

Added the addition of the " Wishing Well " .

Added the addition of being able to trade 150 coins for changing 1 Pokemon to a Shiny Pokemon. This equates to 450hrs of waiting for the event if the event were to be consecutive every 3 hours . I understand this will change some economical values but time vs effort I feel 150 will take a very very long time to obtain but the event is not to be that consistent, it should be random variable between 3 to 5 hours of window time from last Event Spawn timer.

Did some extra editing and added the addition of mechanical values from very high to secret rare made the Random Wish Box the equivalent value of a random encounter shinys.

Cleaned up the text a bit for better understanding of the Suggested Event.

Made some changes to the Wish Well trade-in items and added a Mechanic description for the Pokemon Flute.