adding a new "gamemode"

ThePrettyPetard

Question

basically my idea is to reconvert one of the channel in a big hide and seek pvp game 

the whole idea would be to have 1 of the player in the channel to be randomly chosen to be the target to take out the objective of that target would be to either hide or defeat has much people has possible to  win money let's say for example 100k per player beated and 100k per 15 min spent has the target outside of combat if there is let's say 100+ player at the time (just to avoid easy money grind if nearly no one is playing at that time). for those hunting the target they would get like 20k per pokemon they took out of the target and like a 30k bonus if they finish him off. once the target is beated the new one should be chosen randomly between those in the channel.

now the set rule 

for the target

1. no use of teleporting ability such has fly, dig, teleport and escape rope

2. no use of bike (optional)

3. no use of whisper (so no one gets free info on the hiding spot)

4. no healing of pokemon

5. no use of team chat (should potetially aply to everyone)

for the hunters

1. no use of whisper to the target

this is basically a permanant event more attractive than the mewtwo/rayquza one that would also make a new way to earn money

12 answers to this question

I don't like the idea and in my opinion, this will never happen.

54 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

for the target

3. no use of whisper (so no one gets free info on the hiding spot)

5. no use of team chat (should potetially aply to everyone)

for the hunters

1. no use of whisper to the target

Also, this is useless since things like Discord exist.

Edited by Xeytoz
2 minutes ago, Xeytoz said:

I don't like the idea and in my opinion, this will never happen.

Also, this is useless since service like Discord exist.

yeah but the easier it is to cheat the more people will do it

but i would like if you could elaborate some more on why you don't like it

25 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

yeah but the easier it is to cheat the more people will do it

but i would like if you could elaborate some more on why you don't like it

Mainly because of this.

9 minutes ago, redspawn said:

There's already hide n seek events, no need for strict rules, just plain and simple, hide n seek.

40 minutes ago, redspawn said:

There's already hide n seek events, no need for strict rules, just plain and simple, hide n seek.

yeah but you can't use those event has a reliable source of income wich is something this game lack a lot. this game also lack in end game content wich this idea could also help with. also i see a few people wanting some more alternative to just matchmaking and tourney in the pvp so this is something they might like.

34 minutes ago, Xeytoz said:

Mainly because of this.

i still don't see how the fact that a part of this allready exist has staff event make you not like it. is this supposed to mean you don't like that event either? if so there is still not much more reason than you don't like it becaus you don't like it. i would really love to hear the reasoning behind why you don't like it so we could have a proper argument.

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

yeah but you can't use those event has a reliable source of income wich is something this game lack a lot.

nor can you use any event as a reliable source of income, there's a reason why they're events, and not farming methods. I do agree this game should get a tweak regarding the economy, but I don't agree with inplementing something to generate more influx of cash into the game. To put this simple, if you do gyms everyday for 1 year, it's 100m profit, if 10'000 people do it, imagine the influx of cash from that alone. Influx of cash hurts the economy, problem is, there's also no reliable way of implementing something without breaking something else.

i still don't see how the fact that a part of this allready exist has staff event make you not like it. is this supposed to mean you don't like that event either? if so there is still not much more reason than you don't like it becaus you don't like it. i would really love to hear the reasoning behind why you don't like it so we could have a proper argument.

I like Hide n Seek events on pretty much every game I play(ed), including PokeMMO. I just don't want to see a whole channel reserved to this activity. It's like there would be a channel that had fishing contest all the time. They are supposed to be events and rewarding, not a gamemode. By having this kind of gamemode, it would pretty much kill this event and it's not even something that would be enjoyable do to possible cheating that cannot be restricted.

this game also lack in end game

PvP

Shiny Hunt

Trading/Collection

Afking

Dungeon SoonTM  ?

Edited by Xeytoz
4 minutes ago, Xeytoz said:

I like Hide n Seek events on pretty much every game I play(ed), including PokeMMO. I just don't want to see a whole channel reserved to this activity. It's like there would be a channel that had fishing contest all the time. They are supposed to be events and rewarding, not a gamemode. By having this kind of gamemode, it would pretty much kill this event and it's not even something that would be enjoyable do to possible cheating that cannot be restricted.

true a channel reserved to fishing contest all day everyday would get boring pretty damn quickly but the thing with this hide and seek is that you could be the one that has to hide wich never happen in those event becaus it's always the staff memeber who hides. also the cheating issue could potentially be moderated by staff if some people win way too often

Just now, ThePrettyPetard said:

true a channel reserved to fishing contest all day everyday would get boring pretty damn quickly but the thing with this hide and seek is that you could be the one that has to hide wich never happen in those event becaus it's always the staff memeber who hides. also the cheating issue could potentially be moderated by staff if some people win way too often

Host your own Hide n Seek event? And how can the staff know if you won because you really know the game and are fast or you cheat? This doesn't work

39 minutes ago, Xeytoz said:

Host your own Hide n Seek event? And how can the staff know if you won because you really know the game and are fast or you cheat? This doesn't work

it's rather a patern that would show over time where you win much more often when that specific player is the target and the opposite but yeah it's probably just has hard to moderate has for those cheating tourney with their team member

34 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

it's rather a patern that would show over time where you win much more often when that specific player is the target and the opposite but yeah it's probably just has hard to moderate has for those cheating tourney with their team member

I also don't think that staff has the time to take care of that kind of stuff. For me, it's a no.

I am sorry but this is not the type of content we are looking to invest time and effort in at the present. As has been mentioned in the past Dungeons are currently being discussed and will be a source of endgame content. I am also not going to create something that runs all the time and requires staff to oversee all the time our staffs resources are limited as it is. Thank you for your suggestion.