PVP added in aventure

WederGon

Question

I propose to make our adventure and the postgame more interesting, to be able to attack players, I mean.

A player walks and can be challenged by another player (As if they were Pokemon Trainers), after his battle he will have 5 minutes of immunity, that is, he can not be attacked until those 5 minutes have passed.
To balance this, it would be great if you can only attack coaches that have the same number of medals as you (Or if a lesser or higher), the rest you can not attack or they can attack you. Something like a level, a new player will have 2 medals in this way can not be attacked by someone who has already passed the game.
This would make the adventure interesting, being able to add a phrase of beginning of battle, one of victory etc, it would also be interesting a region where gyms and all history is created by the community.
By the way for this proposed PVP mode I would like the users to have the choice of being able to choose this mode or not, if they deactivate it they can not be attacked by anyone and for those who look for something more challenging they can activate this option and be attacked by other players , this will make the adventure more difficult and may hinder the game, which would be great for the players, to win a coach would be good a juicy reward, so it would motivate more everyone to participate.

11 answers to this question

I also doubt that this would be enjoyable - especially not for new players.

Think of all the complains we already have concerning the added PvP-like elements during the storyline (e.g. the unavailable free switch, more even levels, NPCs that act smarter/have more competitive pokemon...)

If new players had to deal with PvP on top of that it would possibly throw them of completely instead of easing their transition into actual PvP after the story

I think he ment it as a feature you can turn on if you like lt. Designed with ppl who like this stuff in mind, not players who don't want it. The same way similar system is implemented with mewtwo and Ray, only ppl who want it participate.

I think it would be really rare to find someone with this turned on. Ppl tend to avoid being bothered by fighting when they don't want to. For the end game players, instead of roaming through the region, they will sign in via PC if they want to fight 

This feature may or may not bring entertainment but for sure it'll bring some level of effort to implement. Is it worth the cost? I believe it is not

17 minutes ago, Toupi said:

I think he ment it as a feature you can turn on if you like lt. Designed with ppl who like this stuff in mind, not players who don't want it. The same way similar system is implemented with mewtwo and Ray, only ppl who want it participate.

I think it would be really rare to find someone with this turned on. Ppl tend to avoid being bothered by fighting when they don't want to. For the end game players, instead of roaming through the region, they will sign in via PC if they want to fight 

This feature may or may not bring entertainment but for sure it'll bring some level of effort to implement. Is it worth the cost? I believe it is not

This sort of exists, just not to the extent of the suggestion. You can autodecline duel requests and anyone can pretty much challenge anyone. Could there be some balance? Maybe, but the current features allow this to some degree.

dueling random ppl always ends the same way. They can see your level. So all the time, you fight with stronger opponent. Until you get wiped by some end game player with 100lv then you learn to not challenge strangers.

I see where is he going with it and why he thinks this is an issue. Im not saying his suggestion is perfect or even great but battling other ppl mid story would be cool addition. I think forgeting about that idea of auto-accept duels and focusing on letting players know who is around their skill level (with new obedience, badges keeps player to have similar levels) would allow for some kind of mid-story pvp.

Exactly, I was recently playing the Darksouls and I found it more exciting to see how the players interacted, obstructing the story, it would be great, as it says, I could be wandering some time in the region trying to hinder players, or even that they try to hinder me, like that as an NPC coach, these players to defeat them give you experience and part of your money, really, it would make the game more challenging, maybe it can be enabled by more experienced players and for new players can only enable it after completing the less a league. As I said by default the option would be disabled, and if it is the player's desire to enable and put that mode, I would seem an interaction of the most dynamic and attractive PVP, and as I said, without unbalancing levels, a guy with the same number of medals or perhaps a more or less that you can challenge, after fighting with someone will enable immunity / invisibility to your player so that no one can challenge you (For a short time), I do not even know to make it more attractive this could be implemented by using this mode and defeating players that hinder your adventure you gain triple the experience and money, it would be something worthwhile, at least for me and would make the adventure of experienced players more interesting.

Edited by WederGon

Interaction will be different in every game, that's why people play different games instead of playing just one, and why some prefer a game over other game. 'Forced' PvP, is a really bad idea, for a game like this. If this was some other mmo, let's say WoW, and there was pvp server or something, that could be interesting, but then again, people who register into said world, know what is going to happen. Not here. 

On 6/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, redspawn said:

Interaction will be different in every game, that's why people play different games instead of playing just one, and why some prefer a game over other game. 'Forced' PvP, is a really bad idea, for a game like this. If this was some other mmo, let's say WoW, and there was pvp server or something, that could be interesting, but then again, people who register into said world, know what is going to happen. Not here. 

I repeat, IT'S NOT FORCED, It's optional, you won't lose nothing with add this mechanic, but well, People are not always willing to innovate.