Type Search in GTL

Stickbow0

Question

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Stickbow0 said:

I honestly would love for there to be more search bars in GTL. Especially one where you can filter pokemon by type, e.g. fire type, water type. It would make finding a pokemon much easier for me, and other people.

Question is, why not search for a specific fire type or something in GTL, and what is the overall necessity for a system like this.

38 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Question is, why not search for a specific fire type or something in GTL, and what is the overall necessity for a system like this.

The more search parameters, the more refined and efficient your searches can be. You speak of this as if it’d be a drawback as opposed to an obvious benefit. 

11 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

The more search parameters, the more refined and efficient your searches can be. You speak of this as if it’d be a drawback as opposed to an obvious benefit. 

Not a drawback definitely, just there's not a real necessity for this imo

The filters we have right now, all fill a specific thing, that is actually needed, a 'type' filter doens't make much sense in the game we have.

Edited by redspawn
15 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Not a drawback definitely, just there's not a real necessity for this imo

The filters we have right now, all fill a specific thing, that is actually needed, a 'type' filter doens't make much sense in the game we have.

You mean a game that is fundamentally oriented around Pokemon types and their matchups? 

9 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

You mean a game that is fundamentally oriented around Pokemon types and their matchups? 

mhh ok, past story line, tell me the usage of this, and even during storyline, I doubt it will see much usage as people tend to search for specific pokemons they like.

51 minutes ago, redspawn said:

mhh ok, past story line, tell me the usage of this, and even during storyline, I doubt it will see much usage as people tend to search for specific pokemons they like.

Alright, well for instance, what if you need a water resist for a tier you are unfamiliar with, it would certainly help the person get into the tier by just going on gtl and seeing what grass types are being made and sold within that tier

3 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Alright, well for instance, what if you need a water resist for a tier you are unfamiliar with, it would certainly help the person get into the tier by just going on gtl and seeing what grass types are being made and sold within that tier

Then you use pokedex and you can also visit the tier usage in competitive section of the forum, to find the most viable mons. Imagine you want to play NU, you go by grass types, you'll see meganium, or een vileplum, would that be of help? Can't they go on pokedex and find the exact same information + complement that with tier usage, and maybe spectating one or two tournaments, to get an idea of what's viable and whatnot?

You only think from a post pvp or post game aspect as to why u think its useless to add.

That option will mostly help a lot of new player and players who struggle during story to quickly find a type to help them with a gym or something.

Edited by MightyBoxer
32 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

You only think from a post pvp or post game aspect as to why u think its useless to add.

That option will mostly help a lot of new player and players who struggle during story to quickly find a type to help them with a gym or something.

My answer was only relevant to Havsha argument, I didn't mean I only see it as a pvp thing. But most likely, you can find a fire type you need/want through pokedex for storyline.

36 minutes ago, redspawn said:

My answer was only relevant to Havsha argument, I didn't mean I only see it as a pvp thing. But most likely, you can find a fire type you need/want through pokedex for storyline.

Not if they’ve not done enough of the storyline to have encountered/caught them