PokeMMO Battle Association - Division Omega Draft - 2nd of June!

8 hours ago, pachima said:

My top 3:

1. SweetForMe

2. Afterchoker

3. YoungSam

My regrets: Porygon-z

Zigh´s regrets: Swampert, Arcanine, Weezing, Sigilyph, Venusaur, Gorebyss, Rhydon, Haunter. (But don´t worry. If you manage to do well, you earn my most true respect)

If I just had picked Raichu...

abKLlMM.gif

3 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

@FNTCZ If you wanna be part of PBA, please draft your team from the remaining Pokemon as soon as possible.

Sorry, a bunch of irl stuff came out unexpectedly this weekend. I don't think I'll be able to play pokemmo at all. :l

Right, I forgot to make an announcement. After Julian decided to drop out from this tournament, MatthewMLG contacted me and asked to take this last spot of this division. This was completely fine for me, especially because we were at 13 players currently in Omega division and byes in Swiss stage would suck. He submitted his team soon afterwards and his team will be:

1st Mamoswine 300

2nd Darmanitan 250

3rd Vaporeon 200 

4th Durant 50

5th Cradily 50

6th Froslass 50

7th Archeops 50

8th Magmar Free

Is it not problematic that a player joining later on could have an advantage due to them having plenty of time to think of a good draft? I know a lot of pokes are already picked, but regardless, there's always going to be decent picks left due to the credits system.

6 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Is it not problematic that a player joining later on could have an advantage due to them having plenty of time to think of a good draft? I know a lot of pokes are already picked, but regardless, there's always going to be decent picks left due to the credits system.

xZwZfQS.gif

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Probably but it doesn't come close to the disadvantages a player has from drafting their whole team after everyone else, as far as I see it. A big part about drafting is building your team around the Pokemon you currently own and hopefully a large variety of them. I'm not super concerned about late counter teaming either in this format, it's pretty much impossible to counter 13 opponents with 8 Pokemon - it just doesn't happen. The main reason why I allowed late drafting was that it didn't contradict with my pre-determined rules which stated that drafting late would be allowed. I used this rule to not disqualify a player if they happened to miss a couple of rounds of live draft for whatever the reason and even that could technically be used as advantage to scout what everyone else drafted as well as give yourself more time to think. If it's agreed to be straight up broken to draft your team late then just never allow it to happen again but at this point for me having a sufficient amount of players is a big concern.

6 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Probably but it doesn't come close to the disadvantages a player has from drafting their whole team after everyone else, as far as I see it. A big part about drafting is building your team around the Pokemon you currently own and hopefully a large variety of them. I'm not super concerned about late counter teaming either in this format, it's pretty much impossible to counter 13 opponents with 8 Pokemon - it just doesn't happen. The main reason why I allowed late drafting was that it didn't contradict with my pre-determined rules which stated that drafting late would be allowed. I used this rule to not disqualify a player if they happened to miss a couple of rounds of live draft for whatever the reason and even that could technically be used as advantage to scout what everyone else drafted as well as give yourself more time to think. If it's agreed to be straight up broken to draft your team late then just never allow it to happen again but at this point for me having a sufficient amount of players is a big concern.

I mean, it's already happened so going back on it now would be silly, but it's just something to ponder on if we happen to use this format again in the future, especially since so far it's been a pretty big success.

About your first point though, I disagree. I personally picked specific mons knowing what other players took, and I'm sure other players probably did the same. You gain a much better advantage from being able to see other players teams in advance and then using as much time as you want to build your own. Sure, a chunk of Pokemon are already gone due to being late, but the fact that the credit system stops players from being able to buy all the best Pokemon means you can still build a solid squad.

i dont read all, just the first coment of k9, but, i think is not good to give a oportunity to draft a team after all the others draft their teams, they have a lot of time to draft a good team (when the players who did the draft in the right time dont have all the time to think on pokemons who complements his others pokemons if other people already take the one he want)

this is a first season, it is when all this things are tested and all that shits, im not talking about they take advantage of this, but for future seasons would be cool to not have team drafts after all the other players drafts their teams

sorry if its difficult to understand my english