Lag on MacBook

Hello all, feel free to correct me if this is the wrong topic. 

I've recently installed PokeMMO on my MacBook again (after only been playing it on my windows), and it worked perfectly the first time i opened it. Now it doesn't anymore though. It takes forever to move, and the lag is making it unplayable. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it just to wait for an update to come, that'll hopefully fix it? 

When i started playing, i played it on this Macbook, since it was the only pc i had at that time. Back then it ran perfect. 

FYI, I'm not a tech genius, and rather stupid with IT. ;)

There could be more than one reason for this.

Firstly; i don't use macs myself, i'm not an expert on how they work.

However, have you tried to plug the mac in and start the game again? 

some computersystems reduces performance when the computer(laptops, duh) isn't plugged in.

you may also click the battery icon (assuming mac has a performance system like windows does) and put the computer to run on full performance.

You may also need to disable certain graphical settings ingame to make it run more smoothly.

Also make sure that you downloaded the right version of pokemmo -> https://pokemmo.eu/download_file/?id=8 <- Mac version

Restarting your computer is also healthy for it to clear the memory, even if pokemmo isn't a heavy game.

Also make sure that not too many random unused applications are running in the background hogging its performance.

this is all the advice i can give you, hope it works out for you in the end.

Good luck.

Edited by Looksitsalex

I played on a macbook for 4+ years and the only time I had issues with lag was if my internet was lagging. 

Maybe ensure that you have the most up to date OSX, as well as the version of pokemmo. 

Maybe also ensure that you are not running too many apps simultaneously.