iOS Version

1 hour ago, YoBoyJohn said:

I know the android closed beta just started (I am part of it and I think it is really nice so far) but a friend of mine has an iPhone and is wondering if and when a version for iOS is gonna be released. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

IOS is not currently planned to be developed.

Its quite inviable, cus apple policy prob wouldnt permit the app in the store right now and it would require Jailbreak to work which is very unreliable to work around.

Spoiler

Tough it would be easier to implement trough react native, this game were developed most in java so it would be a pain in the ass adapt it.

Guess iPhones have to be fully Jailbroken in order to support the game, which is impossible if your phone is up to date.
So I guess there isn't much of an audience for it, so not really worth it. Otherwise I don't mind buying an Android for MMO, but gotta wait for the right time once the game runs perfectly.and is fully enjoyable..

51 minutes ago, PascalUchiha said:

So I understand that with the Jealbreaken not so completely you can still 
down on Iphone on apk I have Gba and a nds emulator on iphone so where exactly because there would be the problem?

It's not as accessible as on Android and we have no plans on releasing it for iOS, at least for now.

Asking users to jailbreak their iPhones just isn't an option. And the rest of the options are too messy for an everyday iPhone user to get around.

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:32 AM, Perry said:

It's not as accessible as on Android and we have no plans on releasing it for iOS, at least for now.

Asking users to jailbreak their iPhones just isn't an option. And the rest of the options are too messy for an everyday iPhone user to get around.

I'm sorry in advance, I'm not trying to be rude but I know it's going to come out that way. Asking users to jailbreak isn't normal, it would be clunky and weird and I get that. Except for PC we're already finding and downloading illegally pirated roms, actually no we're not, we're buying them and uploading them ourselves through all of our coding knowledge. Then placing them to load through Pokemmo. Having the understanding to easily do this is too messy for an everyday Pokémon fan. Unless, like most of us, you've been doing these kinds of things with emulators since you randomly found them on Kazaa or Limewire and almost died of shock because you downloaded more SNES games than you'd ever seen, even though everyone you knew had one. Anyway, just saying, the basics of it are already clunky, making it iOS compatible (perhaps through TweakBox, AppValley, or AppAddict, none of which require jailbreaking) might not gather additional users, but most of the current users would likely better be capable.

Sorry, and sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

• 11 months later...