Radio Stations

Freyrue

Question

This is more of a nostalgic thing but when gen 2 is eventually implemented, it would be cool if it still had a radio function. Like having the lullaby radio channel or the Professor Oak Pokemon talk show. It could be only available when in the Johto region or if that would be difficult to do then the poke flute channel could be left out from this so it isn't used to wake up the snorlax in Kanto. Or it could only function in Johto.

Edit: Maybe this sounds a bit pointless but I just think it'd be a fun little feature.

Edited by Freyrue

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Would be fun if one could actually make a radio station and host it on pokemmo, not to hard to code either, and could be entertaining for those shiny hunting, or like to hear live commentary of a tournament.

9 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

I like that idea, brings back some nostalgic feeling.

Could be really dope if the radio function became modable, allowing you to add music you like to your ingame radio or enabling players to create content themselves by writing radio shows others could use/read/'listen' to

Both of those ideas could potentially be very interesting. For your suggestion, Anthrazit , Modding the radio for ourselves would be a fun new way to personalise our experience of the game. Having something like a song/audio list to use for uploading your own audio files could also be very interesting and wouldn't be too difficult to implement compared to some other suggested features.

For your idea, redspawn , I think that's also very cool but I'm not sure if they'd be able to set up a schedule for it. Maybe if they could though it could be on specific radio channels where you tune in to listen to certain things such as those commentaries and things or music which would also link back into what Anthrazit said.

Edit: There could even be three catergories for radio channels to tune into, these could be 'Music' (listening to your own music you've uploaded), Commentary (Where you listen to a channel run by the staff) and 'Original' where it plays the radio stations that I mentioned before such as lullaby or Professor Oak's Pokemon talk. Those ones would have text with them like in the original games.

Edited by Freyrue
On 5/21/2018 at 1:44 PM, redspawn said:

Would be fun if one could actually make a radio station and host it on pokemmo, not to hard to code either, and could be entertaining for those shiny hunting, or like to hear live commentary of a tournament.

Good evening redspawn, I feel that this suggestion is something you might enjoy: