Helping Out The New Generation

Helping Out The New Generation

41d72386a13efc9bde22f8696157d24d.png

(I did receive permission from this man to use his name on here for demonstration purposes)

Good morning, afternoon, and evening fellow citizens of PokeMMO, I hope you all are doing well. After constructive comments and thoughts from my Mayorial Council, we came to a common agreement on the role of my MayorBestfriends account. As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I want to inspire the next generation of players by giving them pokemon for their very first adventure. Let me give you my objectives:

e0c806fbe1c0c30ddc6cbdd34c684094.png

1. Give one or more level 20 to novice players to help them advance.

2. Only helping each person once. I plan on concealing names when I give you details on the program, but list their names privately to prevent helping them twice.

3. If someone donates me a pokemon via mail, I can be sure to list it in a spoiler monthly. Please send it to "MayorBestfriends" and not "Bestfriends" so I won't confuse it for a personal gift. It would be preferable to donate level 20 pokemon so I can give them right from the get go.

4. Box Audits: If you want to know what is inside my box on the MayorBestfriends account, you can advocate for it, but you have to receive at least 25 likes. I can add my entire box to the report in the form of screenshots and inside a spoiler.

b81ac39fd59382feed997318f82c1b73.png

Hi @Bestfriends

I think it's a great idea to help new player of the community and for that, I can only give my approval. When I started back in 2015, many players guided me around the game and that kind of help don't have a price so everytime I see a member of the community do the same, I can only be happy about it.

But this thread don't make much sense in my opinion. Why should we give you a Pokemon and then you give it to a new player? I mean, I do trust you but isn't it a waste of time when we can do it ourself? I think the better way to help should be to teach players how to play the game and not give them Pokemons even though it's a nice thing to do. By that I mean teach them to breed, grind, do PvP or just answer their question and show them the guide section of the forums.

I simply think your way is more or less a waste of time since we can do it ourself without a middle man and it's not the kind of help that will stay on the long term. Anyway, I'm still very much grateful to see someone thinking about the next generation of players. Give me back your opinion :]

Edited by MrGangor
16 minutes ago, MrGangor said:

Hi @Bestfriends

I think it's a great idea to help new player of the community and for that, I can only give my approval. When I started back in 2015, many players guided me around the game and that kind of help don't have a price so everytime I see a member of the community do the same, I can only be happy about it.

But this thread don't make much sense in my opinion. Why should we give you a Pokemon and then you give it to a new player? I mean, I do trust you but isn't it a waste of time when we can do it ourself? I think the better way to help should be to teach players how to play the game and not give them Pokemons even though it's a nice thing to do. By that I mean teach them to breed, grind, do PvP or just answer their question and show them the guide section of the forums.

I simply think your way is more or less a waste of time since we can do it ourself without a middle man and it's not the kind of help that will stay on the long term. Anyway, I'm still very much grateful to see someone thinking about the next generation of players. Give me back your opinion :]

MrGrangor, I love hearing other opinions on proposals I have and thank you for giving your viewpoint.

There are some experienced players that may have unwanted pokemon in their boxes that may be released. Instead of releasing these pokemon, why not give them to newer players? As for the reason why there is a middle man, some players are very busy and cannot dedicate some time to give away pokemon. This account is all about PokeCharity work so there is more time allocated to this account. I would rather not see a pokemon be released back into the wild, but instead, finding a new home. As for helping people know the game, I can suggest guides and such to people that want to go the next level.

If you have time to give out pokemon to newer players, then feel free to not give them to me. In fact, you can feel the impact you can make in these players' lives. At first, I was against the idea of giving out pokemon, but then @Winterclaw convinced me otherwise. She told me that giving pokemon away could make a person's day and when people leave the game, there is a chance that they may have fond memories of someone giving them a pokemon they enjoy, so they come back like a boomerang effect.

We tend to remember the people that were nice to us in our lives, like that teacher that told you that "you can do it" or that time when people help you out on PokeMMO. It made newer players feel at home and they can look back with wonderful thoughts. I remember when I gave a Togepi to someone on PokeMMO that always wanted a Togepi and a few months later, he was no longer a newer player, but perhaps, a player who dealt with shinies. He never forgot what I did and thanked me for giving him this pokemon he always wanted, but the owner of that Togepi wanted to release it back into the wild.

15 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

At first, I was against the idea of giving out pokemon, but then @Winterclaw convinced me otherwise. She told me that giving pokemon away could make a person's day and when people leave the game, there is a chance that they may have fond memories of someone giving them a pokemon they enjoy, so they come back like a boomerang effect.

We tend to remember the people that were nice to us in our lives, like [...] when people help you out on PokeMMO. It made newer players feel at home and they can look back with wonderful thoughts. I remember when I gave a Togepi to someone on PokeMMO that always wanted a Togepi and a few months later, he was no longer a newer player, but perhaps, a player who dealt with shinies. He never forgot what I did and thanked me for giving him this pokemon he always wanted [...].

I must admit, I never thought about that and it's a good point.

As for helping people know the game, I can suggest guides and such to people that want to go the next level.

I'm really happy about it since it's really important to keep new players around for a long time in my opinion.

We tend to remember the people that were nice to us in our lives, like that teacher that told you that "you can do it"

I never had that kind of teacher unfortunately.. School was a fucking nightmare for me. But hey, it's over :]

Edited by MrGangor
13 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

If someone donates me a pokemon via mail, I can be sure to list it in a spoiler monthly. Please send it to "MayorBestfriends" and not "Bestfriends" so I won't confuse it for a personal gift. It would be preferable to donate level 20 pokemon so I can give them right from the get go.

Made quite a lot of lvl 20s to help you out, just hit me up when you're online, I'll trade em all to you.

Keep up the good work Mayor, gg.

• 3 weeks later...

Pokemon Donation Report:

May 2018

Spoiler

Pokemon Donation Listing:

MightyBoxer = x8 Gyarados (Given)

Akshit = x20 Aron (Given)

This is my very first Pokemon Donation report. When I am given pokemon by generous players, I want to be transparent with the community about my efforts (if you want me to keep yourself anonymous, please tell me in game and I can keep your name private for next month's report).