Please allow us to capture spiritomb for nasty plot egg

razimove

Question

So a few chaos egg group pokemon, have some more offensive builds, like mismagius and cofagrigus, that requires nasty plot as egg, unfortunately, it's a gen4 egg move.

Is there any way we could get spiritomb implemented? It's just a single pokemon, won't ruin the 'hype' if there ever will be one about new generations and provides us a few more builds.

This could get introduced through the phenomena system for example.

5 minutes ago, redspawn said:

So a few chaos egg group pokemon, have some more offensive builds, like mismagius and cofagrigus, that requires nasty plot as egg, unfortunately, it's a gen4 egg move.

Is there any way we could get spiritomb implemented? It's just a single pokemon, won't ruin the 'hype' if there ever will be one about new generations and provides us a few more builds.

This could get introduced through the phenomena system for example.

Also, only some people got acess to the eggmoves via event reward, which is kinda unfair (see draco meteor + hydreigon ban Lol)

1 minute ago, Risadex said:

Also, only some people got acess to the eggmoves via event reward, which is kinda unfair (see draco meteor + hydreigon ban Lol)

draco meteor is a different thing tho, it's a tutor move iirc, and we might all have access to it in a near future, this one is impossible to get if spiritomb isnt implemented :\

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

It's just a single pokemon, won't ruin the 'hype' if there ever will be one about new generations and provides us a few more builds.

How many species do you think we have left of said generation?

Last time we counted it was around ~20.

As for the event 'mons with unobtainable moves, we may address them at a later stage.

7 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Last time we counted it was around ~20.

Would it be to harmful for this one to be introduced? This one can have impact on the metagame, to a more dynamic metagame.

I mean, I understand that you guys really want to preserve some species in case gen4 is introduced, but in this case, it's literally 1 pokemon, it's not a pokemon family even, do you really think it would be that harmful?

8 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Would it be to harmful for this one to be introduced? This one can have impact on the metagame, to a more dynamic metagame.

I mean, I understand that you guys really want to preserve some species in case gen4 is introduced, but in this case, it's literally 1 pokemon, it's not a pokemon family even, do you really think it would be that harmful?

I do not think that it would be 'harmful', but in stating the effect that it could have on the meta-game and how it would aid it in making it a different experience from before, you've pointed out why it might be a positive for holding back on releasing that particular bit of content (Kyu has previously referred to this as 'drip-feeding' in another thread) and giving further things to look forward to with the introduction of said region outside of just new maps; because, realistically we don't have a lot left of it.

12 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

why it might be a positive for holding back on releasing that particular bit of content

Well, this is where I can't agree with you. The metashifts you'll see from gen4 introduction, won't impact our 'meta-game' to much. At best it would be like a candy for those who play for the story or don't enjoy pvp. Pvp wise, things should be working accordingly, especially when we jumped a generation. Nasty plot is a very viable move in a few chaos pokemons, and not having it is detrimental to the competitive scene. 

Imo it's a double sided coin, your side isn't wrong in your point of view, just like mine isn't in mine. Plus honestly, whoever is playing this game, for the competitive scene, most likely can't care less about a possibility, not even a confirmation, that we might get sinnoh. You're just locking content behind something that may never come to exist. Also, we're not asking for you guys to release stuff like garchomp, rampardos, which are some of the most liked pokemons in gen4, but a rather simple one, that would also work somewhat well in our metagame as a wall.

Now to give you an idea of why I can't see the drip feeding reason viable. Why is this being hold off, but gen7 moves were introduced? Aura blast blastoise from gen6 is here, Isn't this also slightly detrimental to the gen6-gen7 possible updates that may happen soon tm in like 15 years?

5 hours ago, redspawn said:

Now to give you an idea of why I can't see the drip feeding reason viable. Why is this being hold off, but gen7 moves were introduced? Aura blast blastoise from gen6 is here, Isn't this also slightly detrimental to the gen6-gen7 possible updates that may happen soon tm in like 15 years?

I have to ask, at that point do you even believe your own argument?

Because even I'd be surprised if we introduced Generation 6 & 7 in any significant timeframe, if at all.

EDIT: Not to mention including a move such as that is different to having one be made available with a species we already have support for.

As for your other points, I agree that there are merits to both sides of the coin.

But at the same time, the 'better' those 20 or so species (themselves or due to what they bring to the table) the more it seems as though the better option is to withhold them, because unfortunately numbers are not something we have at our disposal.

Don't get me wrong, if the meta was in a horrible shape and this was the magic fix, I'd be more inclined to agree with you - but it's not really a necessity.

3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

I have to ask, at that point do you even believe your own argument?

Because even I'd be surprised if we introduced Generation 6 & 7 in any significant timeframe, if at all.

Nono, thing is, I don't even believe that Sinnoh will be a thing. You guys are terrible at giving ETAs, and unova isn't even working properly 7 months after the introduction. See my point? Why delay something that is a ''possibility'', when we could get it and get this over with? You're just trying holding content that already exists in the game( not to mention, even in the pokedex it says it's a egg move, which might prompt people into breeding it, wasting their time and resources to then find out it's actually impossible to obtain the egg), something that would be nice to have for those who actually play the game, and play competitively. Not saying is a necessity, but is something that would give us more dynamic in the builds, rn people see a cofagrigus and they already know what they're up against, just another wall for example.

1 hour ago, DrButler said:

spiritomb is an amazing mon due to typing in general, would be cool to have access to it. theres sableye, but its useless w/o prankster and stupid with.

Also this, pretty decent mon overall, typing makes him have no weaknesses in this gen.

Edited by redspawn
54 minutes ago, redspawn said:

You guys are terrible at giving ETAs

Sure, I think that's something we've have a hard time denying - and ETAs are difficult to give since complications tend to come in unexpectedly.

Desu admitted as much in the Android Announcement.

54 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Nono, thing is, I don't even believe that Sinnoh will be a thing. You guys are terrible at giving ETAs, and unova isn't even working properly 7 months after the introduction. See my point? Why delay something that is a ''possibility'', when we could get it and get this over with?

I understand that it sucks to wait for something - but Gen 4 will happen; if you asked a majority of the players when we just had FR support, few would've imagined that we'd have have had Emerald support up and running in about 6 months or so - and likely the same when we made the jump from GBA to B/W.

I'm not saying that we're perfect with our timings, but we've generally always delivered on our promises.

I mean we've already dived in a generation ahead of Gen 4, it's in no way an impossibility.

34 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Sure, I think that's something we've have a hard time denying - and ETAs are difficult to give since complications tend to come in unexpectedly.

Desu admitted as much in the Android Announcement.

I understand that it sucks to wait for something - but Gen 4 will happen; if you asked a majority of the players when we just had FR support, few would've imagined that we'd have have had Emerald support up and running in about 6 months or so - and likely the same when we made the jump from GBA to B/W.

I'm not saying that we're perfect with our timings, but we've generally always delivered on our promises.

I mean we've already dived in a generation ahead of Gen 4, it's in no way an impossibility.

Then, although it's somewhat off topic, but relevant to the subject, like Aimi said, can't you guys make it either a tutor or special move?

On 5/17/2018 at 11:31 AM, Darkshade said:

Don't get me wrong, if the meta was in a horrible shape and this was the magic fix, I'd be more inclined to agree with you - but it's not really a necessity.

Speaking for most comp players (who I think would agree with me) I don't give a flying.. care about sinnoh. I just don't get why the devs would pourposely harm the meta by withholding pokemon. (specially garchomp who is w metagame staple) and no, waiting doest build hype for us, it's just dumb to think that we could already have a more complete meta and yet we don't simply because you don't want us to.

Besides, I ask you to be realistic too. We've had unova for seven months now and we are still missing half of the new abilities and items, plenty of scripts, you are about ti release a giant project (android) that will obviously require a lot of work and focus from your side. we are still waiting for ALL the dungeons (legends and HA's). It is obvios that right now you've got a lot of stuff to worry about and sinnoh is just not one of them. Considering all of the above, do you even believe your own argument? do you seriously think we will get sinnoh within any significant timeframe? **ETA: 4 YEARS**

@Kyu

Edited by FNTCZ
36 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

Speaking for most comp players (who I think would agree with me) I don't give a flying.. care about sinnoh. I just don't get why the devs would pourposely harm the meta by withholding pokemon.@Kyu

Yes we know - you want everything and you want it now.

I just don't get why the devs would pourposely harm the meta by withholding pokemon. (specially garchomp who is w metagame staple) and no, waiting doest build hype for us, it's just dumb to think that we could already have a more complete meta and yet we don't simply because you don't want us to.

Whether you care about Sinnoh or not, you care about what comes with it; which is evident in your post.

It isn't harming the meta game to withhold certain species (and as pointed out above, we'd be more inclined to release them if we thought that it was).

It's just a different meta game from the one you're used to.

Some might even argue that the meta-game is healthier than it would be if certain species were released (such as the one you pointed to above).

Besides, I ask you to be realistic too. We've had unova for seven months now and we are still missing half of the new abilities and items, plenty of scripts, you are about ti release a giant project (android) that will obviously require a lot of work and focus from your side.

@Kyu

I completely understand your point of view on this, and we're equally as disappointed on the release time of those items/abilities, but unfortunately many things have gotten in the way of getting them working as intended (security updates being a big one).

Android is coming along pretty nicely, as hopefully you will see when the beta is launched.

we are still waiting for ALL the dungeons (legends and HA's). @Kyu

We're in the process of working on a pretty big dungeon at the moment which will contain both a legendary and some HAs, so while I agree that we've had them on the backburner for a long time, we're making decent headway there too.

It is obvios that right now you've got a lot of stuff to worry about and sinnoh is just not one of them

@Kyu

Right now? No, Sinnoh is not something we're currently focused on, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't think about the longevity of our content.

The reality of it is, that there is less excitement for a new region if it doesn't bring new species along with it - or new ways to build your team.

It is the only region we have left that does this on at least a reasonable scale, as FireRed and Emerald combined did a fair bit of damage to the potential of Johto.

do you seriously think we will get sinnoh within any significant timeframe? **ETA: 4 YEARS**

@Kyu

It depends on what you consider significant; PokeMMO has been around for 6 years, and we have 3 regions and we're on the cusp of an Android release.

All of that considered, I don't think we're doing too badly.

I certainly think that Sinnoh is a reasonable expectation.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:56 PM, redspawn said:

Then, although it's somewhat off topic, but relevant to the subject, like Aimi said, can't you guys make it either a tutor or special move?

With all due respect, I think you missed the point of my posts - while it is something we could do, we're looking to hold onto our content and release it alongside the region.

To address your example of Aura Sphere specifically - we release that Generation 6 is something beyond our foreseeable goals, so we opted to release it through Special Moves instead, as it is unlikely that the species required for it is unlikely to be available for quite some time, if at all.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

To address your example of Aura Sphere specifically - we release that Generation 6 is something beyond our foreseeable goals, so we opted to release it through Special Moves instead, as it is unlikely that the species required for it is unlikely to be available for quite some time, if at all.

Didn't you only do it because one of the admins is literally named Squirtle?

On 5/20/2018 at 12:18 PM, Darkshade said:

With all due respect, I think you missed the point of my posts - while it is something we could do, we're looking to hold onto our content and release it alongside the region.

With all due respect, you missed our point, from the perspective of people who play the game, and actually want it to move in a good direction, me, or anyone else, couldn't care less about nasty plot being a tutor/special move, or you wanting to hold like it's something that will make people interested in sinnoh lmao. With all due respect, and sorry for being harsh, this is dumb. 

On 5/20/2018 at 12:18 PM, Darkshade said:

Some might even argue that the meta-game is healthier than it would be if certain species were released (such as the one you pointed to above).

Sorry for double post, forgot to quote this, so something that is able to enter on conkel, which currently owns OU meta, is harmful or unhealthy, nice.

26 minutes ago, redspawn said:

With all due respect, you missed our point, from the perspective of people who play the game, and actually want it to move in a good direction, me, or anyone else, couldn't care less about nasty plot being a tutor/special move, or you wanting to hold like it's something that will make people interested in sinnoh lmao. With all due respect, and sorry for being harsh, this is dumb. 

I understand that you don't care how we release it, but I know that you care about it being released (hence this thread). 

So whether you care about it specifically being tied to Sinnoh or not, it's content that you are looking forward to and naturally comes along with it - this makes it worth preserving for its release, as we are currently lacking in content for additional regions, due to most species/items and everything related to them already being released.

I'm sure if we released all of things now without the region, you'd be equally dissatisfied that we spent a significant amount of our time developing something that output nothing that you were interested in (competitively). This way we can assure we have something that all types of players will enjoy.

5 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I'm sure if we released all of things now without the region, you'd be equally dissatisfied that we spent a significant amount of our time developing something that output nothing that you were interested in (competitively).

To be honest, I'd be unhappy either way, with or without region, as I'd rather have seen Sinnoh over Unova, this is, if 'keeping' species is that important, this way, nothing of this would have happened.

6 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

you'd be equally dissatisfied that we spent a significant amount of our time developing something that output nothing that you were interested in (competitively).

Not true, you see, right now, most of us that play competitively, play the game, solely for that as there's no other reason to make us play, the game is boring, what you guys did to the economy makes it pretty hard to be able to afford lets say shiny hunting + competitive. There's no objective other than mindlessly shiny hunt, or competitive in the game right now, therefor why so many of us are unhappy with the game current state. That and the fact that the game is a chinese gold farmer horde right now, but that's another topic. 

Also, regarding all type of players, how would implementing a tutor move change that? Not even speaking of spiritomb implementation anymore since that's pretty much beating a dead mouse.

Devs never added a pokemon doesnt have game data. I believe if pokemon not available in black; they cant add it. Can be copyright or coding thing they never added a pokemon that doesnt have data in game files.

However; if they added gen5 that means they can add gen 4 and gen 2 games too. They just didnt give time to development; they say all bussy with their real lives. They will add all pokemons until gen 5 i am sure; but they lazy because they are not getting enought money from this game. If you dont pay money to game and be a free player they may even shutdown the game.

Without money you cant pay to server PC, and cant pay to mods devs staff. So they will add all pokemon to gen 5, your pokemons will be added to game; but they didnt say when.

3 hours ago, ClimateChange0 said:

Devs never added a pokemon doesnt have game data.

???

. I believe if pokemon not available in black; they cant add it.

They can add anything they want within their limits. This doens't even take effort.

Can be copyright or coding thing they never added a pokemon that doesnt have data in game files.

Pokemon is in the game files, as is part of the pokedex. Just not obtainable naturally in kanto/hoenn/unova.

Without money you cant pay to server PC, and cant pay to mods devs staff. So they will add all pokemon to gen 5, your pokemons will be added to game; but they didnt say when.

Are you high, by any chance?

On 5/20/2018 at 1:18 PM, Darkshade said:

We're in the process of working on a pretty big dungeon at the moment which will contain both a legendary and some HAs, so while I agree that we've had them on the backburner for a long time, we're making decent headway there too

@DarkshadeCan you spoiler the thematic type of the dungeon? If u can, do it please :)

23 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Unfortunately I can't do that without giving away too much information at once; hopefully when it's eventually announced you will be as excited to play it as we are making it.

1 hour ago, Risadex said:

@DarkshadeCan you spoiler the thematic type of the dungeon? If u can, do it please :)

We do know it is in Kanto however though, Kyu gave us that much of a teaser though.