Competitive Tournaments

Takens

Question

I would like to have more shiny prizes or gift comps as prize for the tournaments i see CC/ community combat tourneys are a waste of time. Make the competitive scene great again!

Many of the old time players stopped playing because of the lack of tournaments with good prizes. We don't want many CC tournaments please do something over this situation.

20 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Takens said:

I would like to have more shiny prizes or gift comps as prize for the tournaments i see CC/ community combat tourneys are a waste of time. Make the competitive scene great again!

Many of the old time players stopped playing because of the lack of tournaments with good prizes. We don't want many CC tournaments please do something over this situation.

Nono, this will influence the shiny market man! Imagine if a new shiny haxorus untradable enters the game? Omg, it will create chaos and the market will colapse!

Edited by redspawn
it's sarcasm, takens.

We give out plenty of Shiny Gifts every week for PVP and PVE tournaments. Our non shiny comps are given out less as our staff have gotten the sense they are not preferred. I might be amenable to modifying the Community Combat tourneys to allow for non shiny comp gifts but certain aspects of the tourney would need to change in particular the entry fee will probably need to be increased slightly.  

11 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

We give out plenty of Shiny Gifts every week for PVP and PVE tournaments. Our non shiny comps are given out less as our staff have gotten the sense they are not preferred. I might be amenable to modifying the Community Combat tourneys to allow for non shiny comp gifts but certain aspects of the tourney would need to change in particular the entry fee will probably need to be increased slightly.  

imo Squirtle, even if a non shiny comp is better than nothing, biggest problem currently, is the lack of initiative, like it doens't feel rewarding at all to take part of tournaments, the competitive hype is dying. Gifting non shinies isn't gonna fix the problem in my eyes, biggest problem I see with tournaments, is and sorry for the word, how ridiculous the prizes are, value aside, a lot of the shinies you gift, if I remember a couple bronzongs and ferrothorns, will never have any real use, what's the point in having a 25-30/31 speed ferrothorn and bronzong? For example. And then there's also the fact, that NU a lot of times, ends up with better prizes than OU, better looking, rarer shinies. I.E, that aron/aggron shiny NU tournament. Also, from the part of the staff, there's literally no encouragement to play tours, you guys just post a date and bam, there's the tour, no hype created for both new and older players.

Edit, not to mention, you guys have been postponing fixing abilities and moves, which is literally the most important thing and should be priority number 1, but nah.

Edited by redspawn
11 minutes ago, redspawn said:

[...] a lot of the shinies you gift, if I remember a couple bronzongs and ferrothorns, will never have any real use, what's the point in having a 25-30/31 speed ferrothorn and bronzong? For example. [...]

It will probably be possible to choose 0, as it already has been the case in some events lately and it was also confirmed in a similar discussion before

25 minutes ago, redspawn said:

imo Squirtle, even if a non shiny comp is better than nothing, biggest problem currently, is the lack of initiative, like it doens't feel rewarding at all to take part of tournaments, the competitive hype is dying. Gifting non shinies isn't gonna fix the problem in my eyes, biggest problem I see with tournaments, is and sorry for the word, how ridiculous the prizes are, value aside, a lot of the shinies you gift, if I remember a couple bronzongs and ferrothorns, will never have any real use, what's the point in having a 25-30/31 speed ferrothorn and bronzong? For example. And then there's also the fact, that NU a lot of times, ends up with better prizes than OU, better looking, rarer shinies. I.E, that aron/aggron shiny NU tournament. Also, from the part of the staff, there's literally no encouragement to play tours, you guys just post a date and bam, there's the tour, no hype created for both new and older players.

Edit, not to mention, you guys have been postponing fixing abilities and moves, which is literally the most important thing and should be priority number 1, but nah.

You can continue to make comments like this but you will never be satisfied with the results as what you want and what is reasonable are not the same. We will not be drastically changing our prize criteria anytime in the near future but I can see the benefit of tweaking the Community Combat rewards as I believe to some a non shiny gift comp could be useful. 

Also your comment about moves and abilities is a little off topic but understand we put Android development as priority for many reasons but have not forgotten about this area of development so it will be worked on in the near future after we release a workable version of Android we are satisfied with.

1 minute ago, Squirtle said:

You can continue to make comments like this but you will never be satisfied with the results as what you want and what is reasonable are not the same. We will not be drastically changing our prize criteria anytime in the near future but I can see the benefit of tweaking the Community Combat rewards as I believe to some a non shiny gift comp could be useful. 

If someone is playing the tour, chances are they already have said comp, that's why I don't find it exactly useful, to some extent its an improvement, yes. The biggest point me, and many like Bluebreath are trying to make, is that your criteria in a lot of cases isn't right. I'd love to hear how a untradable shiny, can affect the economy of a tradeable shiny on the market, keeping rare shinies for more important tournaments, pretty fine, actually that generates hype around that, but giving the same old boring shiny every tournament on OU, and then bringing decent/new shinies in other tiers that are barely played in comparison to OU?  

Maybe I'm wrong, but the competitive scene is declining really badly, and you guys don't seem to care much about it either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2 hours ago, Squirtle said:

The thing i just want is the competitive scene to grow stronger like it was a couple years ago we had 3 shiny tournaments each week and cc with gift comps with that buff on the fee being at least 1.5k on bp or 2k would be great.

Just give the competitive players a better reason to play and not just like the same tiers. give ou,uu,nu,doubles even lc tourneys with and just change for that the cc's i'm sure everyone would like that.

55 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

Also your comment about moves and abilities is a little off topic but understand we put Android development as priority for many reasons but have not forgotten about this area of development so it will be worked on in the near future after we release a workable version of Android we are satisfied with.

Next you'll say that dungeons are taking up all the dev time and you can't work on adding any moves, items or abilities.

17 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Next you'll say that dungeons are taking up all the dev time and you can't work on adding any moves, items or abilities.

If the Devs deem it a higher priority then that could happen. I will tell you moves are being worked on now as well as Dungeons but I can't speak to what will be released this next update.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

If someone is playing the tour, chances are they already have said comp, that's why I don't find it exactly useful, to some extent its an improvement, yes. The biggest point me, and many like Bluebreath are trying to make, is that your criteria in a lot of cases isn't right. I'd love to hear how a untradable shiny, can affect the economy of a tradeable shiny on the market, keeping rare shinies for more important tournaments, pretty fine, actually that generates hype around that, but giving the same old boring shiny every tournament on OU, and then bringing decent/new shinies in other tiers that are barely played in comparison to OU?  

Maybe I'm wrong, but the competitive scene is declining really badly, and you guys don't seem to care much about it either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Is the hype once what is was I don't think so but tournaments are filling just as much as they have in the past so I don't think your comment on declining really badly is accurate. The economy is a complex thing to explain but our opinion is that too many rare gift shinies do have an effect and is the reason we don't supply them through tournaments.

1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

If the Devs deem it a higher priority then that could happen. I will tell you moves are being worked on now as well as Dungeons but I can't speak to what will be released this next update.

Squirtle just do the buffs you just said it is the better choice to make the game more enjoyable again.

1 minute ago, Squirtle said:

Dont forget about the leftovers bug please. Its the biggest issue on competitive scene nowadays. Have passed like 3 upgrades without correcting this big problem.

26 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

The economy is a complex thing to explain but our opinion is that too many rare gift shinies do have an effect

I speak from both sides, one that has interest in the shiny market, and one that has interest in the competitive scene, I literally can't see how it affects. But I also agree on not giving rare shinies 24/7, that makes those prizes more 'rewarding' for those who win the bigger tournaments. But instead of not giving those, how about you guys give horde shinies, stuff that's common, like haxorus, hydreigons, they're worth a bit as a shiny? Yeah they are, they're somewhat 'pretty', and are actually pretty viable in OU, so that will gather more attention, than lets say one of the 10 thousand shiny gengars there are.

I know you gave them once already, months ago, doens't remove the fact that our prizes OU wise have been terrible as of lately and this would be an improvement. Also, there's UU pokemons that are pretty viable in OU aswell, why not consider them as shinies for OU aswell? Same goes for the interaction between NUs and UUs, mix things up a bit, make things more interesting, different prizes that might gather more attention.

Edited by redspawn
1 hour ago, redspawn said:

I speak from both sides, one that has interest in the shiny market, and one that has interest in the competitive scene, I literally can't see how it affects. But I also agree on not giving rare shinies 24/7, that makes those prizes more 'rewarding' for those who win the bigger tournaments. But instead of not giving those, how about you guys give horde shinies, stuff that's common, like haxorus, hydreigons, they're worth a bit as a shiny? Yeah they are, they're somewhat 'pretty', and are actually pretty viable in OU, so that will gather more attention, than lets say one of the 10 thousand shiny gengars there are.

Can't speak for the competitive scene if you are irrelevant to it. he came with a solution on some buffs to make cc's more attractive and i actually like his decision so stop making a big deal about it.

Just now, Takens said:

Can't speak for the competitive scene if you are irrelevant to it. he came with a solution on some buffs to make cc's more attractive and i actually like his decision so stop making a big deal about it.

Cause you're relevant? Dang. Like I said, yeah nothing against the CC buff, although it won't bring back veterans, nor generate hype around it.

47 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I know you gave them once already, months ago, doens't remove the fact that our prizes OU wise have been terrible as of lately and this would be an improvement. Also, there's UU pokemons that are pretty viable in OU aswell, why not consider them as shinies for OU aswell? Same goes for the interaction between NUs and UUs, mix things up a bit, make things more interesting, different prizes that might gather more attention.

So the decision to provide Shinies that are viable in the tier played is not my requirement but a decision upon the host. We have a system in place that doesn't allow rare shinies to be given out in official events and that will not be changing. We also have a cooldown on specific shinies given and that varies based on different variables as well.

even if people could win decent shiny prizes the game would be meh right now. lack of competitive updates just kills it, the grind still is fkn stupid and i doubt people wanna breed and rebreed stuff by grinding their souls away accumulating money doing gyms every single day like a frkn robot.

i dont see a single reason to choose this game over showdown right now, cause people are quitting or going dead til update left and right and nope, shiny prizes wouldnt help with that. semi offtopic, but i felt like ranting.

cheers

Edited by DrButler
1 hour ago, DrButler said:

even if people could win decent shiny prizes the game would be meh right now. lack of competitive updates just kills it, the grind still is fkn stupid and i doubt people wanna breed and rebreed stuff by grinding their souls away accumulating money doing gyms every single day like a frkn robot.

i dont see a single reason to choose this game over showdown right now, cause people are quitting or going dead til update left and right and nope, shiny prizes wouldnt help with that. semi offtopic, but i felt like ranting.

cheers

I would see a problem on the grind like right now it is pretty bad., Pick up is not reliable anymore and the seed Nerf made farming complicated.
I think it would be good if we had a Nerf on the elite 4 because making money out of GTL is not that reliable.
#15keverstones

I Think people just get bored when  they are frustrated for loosing tournaments or loose streaks (which is part of the game, of course).

Maybe they just need some motivation for grind in the Competitive scenario too (even if it's for fun).

But thats no priority on the current queue which contains a lot of demand for the devs (Dungeons/Abilities & items/Android, etc.)

So in a near future some kind of encouraging mechanic can be useful (like daily quests[evolving not only PvE, but PVP too] , which were suggested tons of times).

11 hours ago, Risadex said:

I Think people just get bored when  they are frustrated for loosing tournaments or loose streaks (which is part of the game, of course).

Maybe they just need some motivation for grind in the Competitive scenario too (even if it's for fun).

But thats no priority on the current queue which contains a lot of demand for the devs (Dungeons/Abilities & items/Android, etc.)

So in a near future some kind of encouraging mechanic can be useful (like daily quests[evolving not only PvE, but PVP too] , which were suggested tons of times).

That idea some type of repeatable system has been tossed around a few times so I wouldn't count it out as a possibility to focus on in the future but our focus now is Android and then continue moves/abilities and the dungeon system which is our first attempt at end game PVE content.