Best way to prompt phenomena

Hey! I've been trying to make some Ducklett phenomena happen with horrible success. I tried both in Route 6, roaming around for a long time (yes, long time) and in Driftveil Bridge, in this case exiting the screen and entering back the bridge and walking all its way to the other end lots of times (yes, lots of times). I already read some posts talking about this but they were very unspecific regarding the way RNG works here.

My questions are:

1. Do phenomena randomly prompt when you enter the screen? I mean, is it the best way to find phenomena to continuosly enter and exit one screen?

2. Or, do phenomena just prompt randomly once you are already on the screen? I mean, is it better to just spend a lot of time in a single screen waiting for the phenomena to happen?

I would appreciate some constructive comments.

Thank you in advance!

There are around 150 fixed phenomena spots spread all over Unova.

Only one phenomena spot is active at a time & it occurs randomly .. Then it ends after a few minutes and then another one happens somewhere randomly and so on...

There is no guarantee that you staying at a known phenomena spot at a route will land you a phenomena.

Since it happens randomly, best you can do is rely on Global chat for people to share if and when they find a spot.

You can also be constantly on move traveling between all the known phenomena spots for the pokemon you're hunting for, in this case, Ducklett.

So to answer your questions:

27 minutes ago, Rittz said:

1. Do phenomena randomly prompt when you enter the screen? I mean, is it the best way to find phenomena to continuosly enter and exit one screen?

No they do not randomly prompt when you enter the screen, nor entering and exiting the screen would do anything since a phenomena is a randomly occurring mini event shared by everyone on the server, not targeted at a single individual's movement.

29 minutes ago, Rittz said:

2. Or, do phenomena just prompt randomly once you are already on the screen? I mean, is it better to just spend a lot of time in a single screen waiting for the phenomena to happen?

It can randomly happen next to a spot near you if you're lucky.

Not recommended to stay at one place waiting for it to happen, since it might just keep on getting triggered any of the rest of the 100+ spots...

This thread might come in handy:

Hope this helped, all the best.

I'd also suggest finding a group to hunt with, grab some buddies from Global/Channel chat or like I do, create your own personal hunting group within your team.

This makes hunting for pheno go by a lot quicker and allows for a more enjoyable run.

(Use the guide Akshit provided when hunting, but your free to look for some in other Areas)

Also take this.

Best of luck.

Edited by jerryzoo
2 hours ago, Akshit said:

Only one phenomena spot is active at a time & it occurs randomly ..

There's actually multiple active at a time but I'm not sure how many. Personally the most I've seen active & located at  the same time was 2. The changelog doesn't have any info regarding this so it would be nice if a higher staff member ( @Kyu)could tell us.

Ya there is sometimes 2 active phenomenons at the same time.There also seems to be a cooldown after a pheno vanish.

Sometimes the pheno is bugged as well.You can stand next to an active pheno alone and sometimes you wont see it or hear it.But if you relog it will be there.

Edited by MightyBoxer