Carry your Team Mate with you while HM Surf, Fly

shadow25990

Question

How about if you had the opportunity to take a team mate with you, while you use HM surf or fly. Like a  two person carry feature for a pokemon. Maybe with a special saddle item.

Among other things, new players would have the chance to catch their favorite Pokemon directly with the help of a friend and start with it. 

Edited by shadow25990

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, shadow25990 said:

How about if you had the opportunity to take a team mate with you, while you use HM surf or fly. Like a  two person carry feature for a pokemon. Maybe with a special saddle item.

Among other things, new players would have the chance to catch their favorite Pokemon directly with the help of a friend and start with it. 

8 minutes ago, Munya said:

Not a good idea, not because the suggestions bad or anything but because things break when you bypass parts of he story.

Good evening, I think I came up with an idea. Make sure you and the teammate complete the story before this feature can be used. Also, it might be helpful if the feature can be blocked if one person did not access that area yet (ie: Player A can access the Battle Frontier, but Player B did not go to the Battle Frontier yet, so this feature can cancel out).

1 hour ago, shadow25990 said:

I don't think you realize how much coding and risk-to-take are needed for that. For example, say your friend is a noob player or on a new character. That early in the game you are locked out of areas for reasons, so jumping straight from lets say Pallet Town to Saffron City could break something. Then there's even more coding to make it so "this person hasn't been here before so they aren't allowed to go there with you". Besides it's pretty easy to get fly and surf in-game considering PMMO has about the same difficulty of the official games (or is probably even easier to a degree), so just play up til then.

Edited by Tumblr
3 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Agree with the counter arguments.

The best compromise here would be a tandem bike.

How would a tandem bike work with strength boulders and rocksmash rocks and cuttable trees?

This idea just seems like it would need a whole lot of preexisting things to change just to make it happen.

Yes, lets add this so I can kidnap my teammates. \OГo-<

On a serious note

On 5/14/2018 at 8:29 PM, Munya said:

Not a good idea, not because the suggestions bad or anything but because things break when you bypass parts of he story.

And there is no real point.