Team Tournament May (26th Saturday)

ff864aa044960345dd1c6acff35b367d.png

~Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament of May 2018~

These are monthly competitive tournaments where teams can test their skill against each other.
Players battle as teams (3 at a time). Teams can switch out which members compete between rounds

OUTRAGECREW [RAGE] will be given the opportunity to defend their title from April 18. They have earned a registration slot.

3 players from each team

The top spot will be an OU Match

The middle spot will be an OU Match

Below, there will be UU Match

Details:
16 Teams | 6v6 | Tournament Mode Duels |
Date & Time:
Saturday 26 May- 15:00 EDT | 19:00 UTC | 20:00 BST Time Zone Converter

Date: Thursday 24 May
Time: 15:00 
EDT | 19:00 UTC | 20:00 BST Time Zone Converter

All the players that are playing must be registered! Only those players are allowed to play for your team.
One representative from their own team registers their players (posts edited after the tournament has begun will lead to DQ)
Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:
Team Captain:

(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)
If I notice your team is an alt team, when creating the bracket and reserves list I will put that team on the last spot of reserves.

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Evasion/Hax Item/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean.

Banned Moves

Dragon Rage (LC)

Sonic Boom (LC)

Foul Play (All)

Synchronoise (All)

Baton Pass (OU+UU+NU)

Draco Meteor(Hydreigon)

OU Ban List

Dugtrio | Wobbuffet

UU Ban List

Arcanine | Blissey | Chandelure | Conkeldurr | Dragonite

Dugtrio | Excadrill | Ferrothorn | Gengar | Gliscor

Gyarados | Haxorus | Hippowdon  | Hydreigon | Jolteon | Kabutops

Lucario | Magnezone  | Mamoswine | Mantine | Metagross | Mienshao

Milotic | Pelipper | Porygon-Z | Reuniclus | Salamence | Scizor

Skarmory | Snorlax | Starmie | Swampert | Tentacruel | Tyranitar

Volcarona | Weezing | Wobbuffet

Prize:

The winning team will receive:
star_off.gif 1m for each 3 winners

star_off.gif Guaranteed spot in next month's Team Tournament

star_off.gif Player sprites on next month's tournament poster
star_off.gif Entry into the PokeMMO Hall of Fame 

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.

• Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

• Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

• Time clause is in effect for stalemate battles in round 1 and 2. When there is a tie (1-1) and the third match takes over an hour, a decision by the host/GM may be made about the outcome of the duel.

• Player cap per team is 20 registered players per team. 

Host:
Bearminator

Refs:

TheChampionMike ,FoersterrAkshit

2 hours ago, Havsha said:

Still no NU?

1 hour ago, xSparkie said:

If there's already been a couple of NU Officials, why not bring it back into TT this month? Thought it would be more than ready by now

NU is being discussed right now, we might see it next month depending on well, the discussion

Just now, Havsha said:

Only been about 4 months, guess we wouldnt want to rush a decision that seems blatantly clear based upon player feedback and tournament evidence now would we

we look at the competivity of a tier more than whether players want it. Sure we could put it in, but I personally think its not a tier that would be enjoyable to play in a TT.

6 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

we look at the competivity of a tier more than whether players want it. Sure we could put it in, but I personally think its not a tier that would be enjoyable to play in a TT.

The tier has had more than enough time to prove it is more than playable. In fact, based on the fact that there seems to be less in game  bugs and glitches, I would argue its more fit to be a tier in the TT than doubles is/was currently. But forgive me, what do I know, I've just played NU since Unova's release, its not like we've had a multitude of tournaments that have proven it be ready in terms of competivity. I believe this type of argument to be a fallacy based upon a statement that has no foundation supporting its initial premise. This game already has dier little reason for players like me to stick around. Just give us a goddamn tier to play in the tt

Edited by Havsha
2 minutes ago, Havsha said:

The tier has had more than enough time to prove it is more than playable. In fact, based on the fact that there seems to be less in game  bugs and glitches, I would argue its more fit to be a tier in the TT than doubles is/was currently. But forgive me, what do I know, I've just played NU since Unova's release, its not like we've had a multitude of tournaments that have proven it be ready in terms of competivity. I believe this type of argument to be a fallacy based upon a statement that has no foundation supporting its initial premise. This game already has dier little reason for players like me to stick around. Just give us a goddamn tier to play in the tt

Listen, im not saying its not playable. Im saying whether its competivity is enough to be placed as a TT tier, which in my eyes its not. You're free to disagree, it's not my decision to make either. 

5 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Listen, im not saying its not playable. Im saying whether its competivity is enough to be placed as a TT tier, which in my eyes its not. You're free to disagree, it's not my decision to make either. 

In what way is it uncompetitive? The last tier update there were 0 tier changes, usage did not indicate any over centralised pokemon in any tier. From my experience NU does not have any broken pokemon. Even pokemon like venomoth who on paper are very threatening are capable of being checked. You cannot assert that a tier is uncompetitive without having any statistical evidence, or at the very least testimony of a player who has been active in the tier, in order to support your claim. Anyone who was involved with this decision please quote me with your explanation, thanks in advance

Edited by Havsha
fixed
Just now, Havsha said:

In what way is it unplayable? The last tier update there were 0 tier changes, usage did not indicate any over centralised pokemon in any tier. From my experience NU does not have any broken pokemon. Even pokemon like venomoth who on paper are very threatening are capable of being checked. You cannot assert that a tier is uncompetitive without having any statistical evidence, or at the very least testimony of a player who has been active in the tier, in order to support your claim. Anyone who was involved with this decision please quote me with your explanation, thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Listen, im not saying its not playable.

1 minute ago, Havsha said:

fixed the post

I never said it was uncompetitive either, I just dont think its good enough of a tier to be placed in TT right now, never said it was a bad tier. If you enjoy the tier more power to you. but this discussion requires more than just your opinion, or even mine. Again, its being discussed, and maybe we'll see it next month.

1 minute ago, Bilburt said:

I never said it was uncompetitive either, I just dont think its good enough of a tier to be placed in TT right now, never said it was a bad tier. If you enjoy the tier more power to you. but this discussion requires more than just your opinion, or even mine. Again, its being discussed, and maybe we'll see it next month.

10 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Again, I implore those responsible for this blatant neglect of NU to please provide me with an explanation so I can learn of the reasons and put my mind at rest. Its all well and good to say its being discussed and may be available next month, but if these discussions remain behind closed doors we shall continue to receive no assurance that the proper representation is being made for NU.  The month after month of "well next month we can have NU" is a cycle that has begun to get on my nerves.

Just now, Havsha said:

Again, I implore those responsible for this blatant neglect of NU to please provide me with an explanation so I can learn of the reasons and put my mind at rest. Its all well and good to say its being discussed and may be available next month, but if these discussions remain behind closed doors we shall continue to receive no assurance that the proper representation is being made for NU.  The month after month of "well next month we can have NU" is a cycle that has begun to get on my nerves.

debating whether its competitive enough doesnt mean its not competitive. I gave you the only explanation I could, but you wanted to take it further, which is why I gave you my personal opinion. I have never been a fan of the new NU, because it was in my eyes too unbalanced in its earlier stages. if you want a proper reponse to the question whether NU is competitive enough you shouldnt have asked me.

Just now, Bilburt said:

debating whether its competitive enough doesnt mean its not competitive. I gave you the only explanation I could, but you wanted to take it further, which is why I gave you my personal opinion. I have never been a fan of the new NU, because it was in my eyes too unbalanced in its earlier stages. if you want a proper reponse to the question whether NU is competitive enough you shouldnt have asked me.

Your welcome to divulge to me the names of the people responsible for these decisions, id be glad to take it up with them, I fear the people making this decision are the people who lack a full understanding of the nu tier

You're right that no movements were made in usage, but that simply isn't telling me that NU is stable. From my perspective, I got as many votes for "yes " as I got for "no". 
We got results for may only recently, and I don't want to put our players to situation when I will change this TT format due to "giving tier", making possibility that they will need to prepare mons/players for it from now.

I will for sure, as a host, talk with our tier council members as well and I do take your point into consideration, but I don't feel like changing this month tiers is possible option atm. 

Edit: that doesn't mean that we will not see NU as I'm not 100% against it at all. I just, personally, didn't wanted to make this month TT without seeing usage.

Edited by Bearminator
2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

You're right that no movements were made in usage, but that simply isn't telling me that NU is stable. From my perspective, I got as many votes for "yes " as I got for "no". 
We got results for may only recently, and I don't want to put our players to situation when I will change this TT format due to "giving tier", making possibility that they will need to prepare mons/players for it from now.

I will for sure, as a host, talk with our tier council members as well and I do take your point into consideration, but I don't feel like changing this month tiers is possible option atm. 

I dont understand your first premise that the lack of movement doesn'ttell you anything about the NU stability. The neat thing about pokemon is that we can learn the balance of a tier based upon the usage and tier council, if there is no movement, this tends to be an indication that at the very least there are no glaring issues or broken pokemon that will lead to major competitive instability

Where are these votes for yes and no? Were the voters people who had a good understanding of the tier?

Do you not think that a the existence of a multitude of NU tournaments in combinations of about 2 weeks is sufficient time to make comps

I would like to hear legitimate arguments for why NU is still being left out of the TT, so basically an answer to the questions above, and if there is a genuine belief that NU is not stable, the reasons why this belief exists.

Good to see the staff aren't too proud to change their decisions based upon community feedback. Its always fun seeing two ou tiers in the TT, nice diverse gameplay that rewards all type of players for the preparation they have spent the last few months on, well unless you're a mad man and been making nu teams since unova was released. I apologise if I am coming off as rash, immature or stubborn, it is just that nu players have been asking for nu in the tt for three months nows, and we seem to be ignored every time.