Get rid of full restores for gym leaders and E4

codylramey

Question

10 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Munya said:

Maybe for the more experienced player, it can add a challenge for somebody less so though.

That's arguable, but is the supposed added challenge these items present for new players worth the added headache it adds to players who are using these things to grind? 

You can also have the best of both worlds by taking these items away from the E4 n such after a certain amount of times beating them.

Edited by codylramey

For players with good leveled mons this is just sucking their PP and time worth of 3rounds.

For newer players without proper mons this is a challenge. The problem is, in this challenge muscling through the problem is much more rewarding than outsmarting it. 

I fail to see how this fits to "we want to prepare new players for PvP and future Pve content". The only lesson it teaches is: take strong mons or you will waste time killing something out of your 2hko reach. Which only applies to Pve anyway since you can't fully heal your mon out of blue in PvP.

I hope dungeons wont be build upon this logic. Boss that you need to kill twice or burst in some way? ok. But pls dont do some random NPC that use potion only to annoy and because they can.

I'm torn between the canonical significance of storyline bosses using these items throughout the history of mons (though maybe less obnoxiously) and what @Toupi noted about how this doesn't really help prepare players for pvp. And I'm leaning towards the latter, since the overall difficulty of npcs has already far surpassed the original games anyways. 

I'd like everyone to keep in mind that players doing story/rematches also have the option of using the bag funtion, allowing the competitive side of the E4/Gyms to be deemed irrelevant. (To some degree)

I want to agree yes it is annoying and time consuming, but in all fairness bags should be turned off for us as well.

(At least for rematches.)

I disagree if this also means items are disabled as well. A known fact that certain items can be obtained via berry farming/crafting which can influence the prices (if the bag option is disabled) 

Edited by jerryzoo
Simply keeping things in mind.
10 minutes ago, jerryzoo said:

I'd like everyone to keep in mind that players doing story/rematches also have the option of using the bag funtion, allowing the competitive side of the E4/Gyms to be deemed irrelevant. (To some degree)

I want to agree yes it is annoying and time consuming, but in all fairness bags should be turned off for us as well.

I disagree if this also means items are disabled as well. A known fact that certain items can be obtained via berry farming/crafting which can influence the prices (if the bag option is disabled) 

This can be solved by only applying this suggestion to rematches. So that new and storyline people arent effected. If it were up to me i would put the gyms and e4 in tournament mode while allowing exp gain for any pokemon that has an exp share.

14 hours ago, jerryzoo said:

Im not against full heals, I just complain on mindless usage of this item by NPC. You deal more than 50% of his HP with a single move and he keep healing himself praying for you to get bored or something :D