Sign in to follow this  
Akshit

Simple EV Training & Leveling Guide Using Horde

On 5/10/2018 at 4:38 AM, Akshit said:

For the def ev at that cave there are Boldore there 

Kantos victory road at the end for def? surprised this isn't here   5x sandslash(10 EV)    5x graveler/marowak/onyx  (10 EV)   90% DEF encounter rate 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:23 AM, RedDragonERa said:

Relic castle:

Cofragigas (5 cofragigas) horde x10 defense evs 

Run away from sandile x3 ,they give 6 Atk evs.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:58 AM, RysPicz said:

There's still good old Slugma patch in Mt. Ember for SATK. 5 Evs per horde, 100% Slugmas :)

On 7/10/2018 at 7:11 AM, xStarr said:

Island 7 Persian/Fearow  (3 Persians, 2 Meowth.     3 Fearow, 2 Spearow) hordes. Good for speed and close to PC, if you want to add that.

2 hours ago, MadelnHeaven said:

Kantos victory road at the end for def? surprised this isn't here   5x sandslash(10 EV)    5x graveler/marowak/onyx  (10 EV)   90% DEF encounter rate 

Thanks for the info guys.

Added a list of EV Reduction berries too.

Guide updated.

Awesome guide :) an addition would be the atlernate Sp. Atk Gloom hordes that are 50% (10EV/horde) on route 121 in hoenn just for people that are only in that region :) 

Don't mean to gravedig, but where is the dark grass spot in the dreamyard for liepard's?

Or do you have to beat the e4 and the cone gets removed and you can access it then?

Edited by Brahzzers

13 minutes ago, Brahzzers said:

Or do you have to beat the e4 and the cone gets removed and you can access it then?

Yes, it's only accessible after beating the Unova elite 4

On 8/26/2018 at 8:50 AM, Umbreeion said:

Awesome guide :) an addition would be the atlernate Sp. Atk Gloom hordes that are 50% (10EV/horde) on route 121 in hoenn just for people that are only in that region :) 

Thanks for the info. Checked the spot, with Sweet Scent it's 100% 5 x Gloom (10 Sp. Atk EVs).

Guide updated.

Thanks for this extra guide. Much more info for much faster EV training.

There is btw a better leveling place. 5/6K Exp a hord, and 15 meter away from a Pokécenter.

* If you go left by Lacunosa City and use Sweet Scent you will see a horde of Rapidash(Also gives huge speed EV). Use an attack like surf or eartquake and it will one-hit-kill all the Pokémon. 

* If you want to train Sp. Attack go to Opelucid City, go right and at the first grass spot up. Use sweet scent and you will see a horde golduck. Also gives 5/5,5K Exp at once.

Enjoy getting your Exp even faster! ;)

On 11/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Quentius said:

There is btw a better leveling place. 5/6K Exp a hord, and 15 meter away from a Pokécenter.

* If you go left by Lacunosa City and use Sweet Scent you will see a horde of Rapidash(Also gives huge speed EV). Use an attack like surf or eartquake and it will one-hit-kill all the Pokémon. 

Pilo spot gives 6-7k XP if the attacker itself is the one who is being leveled.

But that usually isn't the case...I know about the Rapidash spot, gives 2.5k-3k XP per horde to the poke holding Exp share, whereas pilo spot gives 500 extra XP per horde.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Quentius said:

If you want to train Sp. Attack go to Opelucid City, go right and at the first grass spot up. Use sweet scent and you will see a horde golduck. Also gives 5/5,5K Exp at once

Golduck spot added.

Thanks for all the info :>

4 hours ago, Akshit said:

Pilo spot gives 6-7k XP if the attacker itself is the one who is being leveled.

But that usually isn't the case...I know about the Rapidash spot, gives 2.5k-3k XP per horde to the poke holding Exp share, whereas pilo spot gives 500 extra XP per horde.

Golduck spot added.

Thanks for all the info :>

Aah. Thought in total 3,5K Exp. Thanks <3

On 11/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, Quentius said:

btw, isnt poliswine too far away from your pc. I mean, it takes 3/4 minutes to walk there

less than a minute if you repel your way through giant chasm... though I usually go kill whatever I encounter in the path and catch the sneasels (got 34 razor claws right now xD)

On 5/10/2018 at 7:38 AM, Akshit said:

Def: 5 x Durant (10 EVs), Victory Road, Inside Cave, 1st zone from entrance, Unova, 50% Def EV Encounter (Run away from x5 Deino, they give 5 Atk EVs)

Victory Road (Entrance from Pokemon League) = 100% Durants uwu nya :3 

Sp Atk: 5 x Beautifly (15 EVs), Pattern Bush, Grass, Six Island, Kanto, 50% Sp Atk EV Encounter (Run away from x5 Heracross, they give 10 Atk EVs)

No longer Beautifly appears

15 hours ago, TSLuluAylen said:

Victory Road (Entrance from Pokemon League) = 100% Durants uwu nya :3 

14 hours ago, TSLuluAylen said:

No longer Beautifly appears

Thanks for the info.

Guide updated.

Sp Atk5 x Magneton / Kadabra (10 EVs), Cerulean Cave Entrance, Kanto, 50% Sp Atk EV Encounter (Run away from x5 Machoke / Primeape, they give 10 Atk EVs)

Cerulean Cave - 1st floor surfing = 100% golducks (10 EVs), and are 10+ lvl than route 14 ducks xD

Sp Def: 5 x Seel / Dewgong (5-10 EVs), Icefall Cave, Surf, Four Island, Kanto, 100% Sp Def EV Encounter

Sp Def: 5 x Claydol (10 EVs), Relic Castle, Volcarona Room, 100% Sp Def EV Encounter

Green path, next to pettern bush (six island), surfing 100% tentacruels = 10 EVs

Edited by TSLuluAylen

Atk3 x Paras (3 EVs), Mt. Moon, Cave, B1F, Kanto, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk5 x Heracross (10 EVs), Pattern Bush, Grass, Six Island, Kanto, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk: 5 x Mankey / Primeape (5-10 EVs), 5 x Arbok (10 EVs), Grass, Route 23, Kanto, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk: 3 x Pawniard (3 EVs), 5 x Garbodor (10 EVs), Grass, Route 9, Unova, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk5 x Herdier (10 EVs), Grass, Route 10, Unova, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Hoenn - Rayquaza's Tower (i dont know english name) - Ariados x5 = 10 EVs Atk - 100% rate

You can use all my locations from my Non-english guide if you want!

5 hours ago, TSLuluAylen said:

Green path, next to pettern bush (six island), surfing 100% tentacruels = 10 EVs

Also 100% tentacruels via surfing at the Battle Frontier (Hoenn), close to the Pokemon centre and more accessible. 

9 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

Also 100% tentacruels via surfing at the Battle Frontier (Hoenn), close to the Pokemon centre and more accessible

I forgot it, in my guide, i post a location for every region xD (but i added the battle frontier)

17 hours ago, Piks said:

hey, so, is there a way to train attack evs in hoenn?

Atk: 5 x Ariados (10 EVs), Sky Pillar, Cave, Hoenn, 100% Atk EV Encounter

guide updated.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, Akshit said:

Thanks for the info. Checked the spot, with Sweet Scent it's 100% 5 x Gloom (10 Sp. Atk EVs).

Guide updated.

Always went there for evs but today I encountered hordes of 3 mightyenas. Do the hordes there change depending on day or night time?

Tested it, it's 100% gloom hordes of 5 during day and 50% gloom hordes of 3 and 50% mightyena hordes of 3 during night.

Edited by WildHodor
Tested