Simple EV Training & Leveling Guide Using Horde

On 6/5/2018 at 6:23 AM, RedDragonERa said:

Relic castle:

Cofragigas (5 cofragigas) horde x10 defense evs 

Run away from sandile x3 ,they give 6 Atk evs.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:58 AM, RysPicz said:

There's still good old Slugma patch in Mt. Ember for SATK. 5 Evs per horde, 100% Slugmas :)

On 7/10/2018 at 7:11 AM, xStarr said:

Island 7 Persian/Fearow  (3 Persians, 2 Meowth.     3 Fearow, 2 Spearow) hordes. Good for speed and close to PC, if you want to add that.

2 hours ago, MadelnHeaven said:

Kantos victory road at the end for def? surprised this isn't here   5x sandslash(10 EV)    5x graveler/marowak/onyx  (10 EV)   90% DEF encounter rate 

Thanks for the info guys.

Added a list of EV Reduction berries too.

Guide updated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/26/2018 at 8:50 AM, Umbreeion said:

Awesome guide :) an addition would be the atlernate Sp. Atk Gloom hordes that are 50% (10EV/horde) on route 121 in hoenn just for people that are only in that region :) 

Thanks for the info. Checked the spot, with Sweet Scent it's 100% 5 x Gloom (10 Sp. Atk EVs).

Guide updated.

Thanks for this extra guide. Much more info for much faster EV training.

There is btw a better leveling place. 5/6K Exp a hord, and 15 meter away from a Pokécenter.

* If you go left by Lacunosa City and use Sweet Scent you will see a horde of Rapidash(Also gives huge speed EV). Use an attack like surf or eartquake and it will one-hit-kill all the Pokémon. 

* If you want to train Sp. Attack go to Opelucid City, go right and at the first grass spot up. Use sweet scent and you will see a horde golduck. Also gives 5/5,5K Exp at once.

Enjoy getting your Exp even faster! ;)

On 11/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Quentius said:

There is btw a better leveling place. 5/6K Exp a hord, and 15 meter away from a Pokécenter.

* If you go left by Lacunosa City and use Sweet Scent you will see a horde of Rapidash(Also gives huge speed EV). Use an attack like surf or eartquake and it will one-hit-kill all the Pokémon. 

Pilo spot gives 6-7k XP if the attacker itself is the one who is being leveled.

But that usually isn't the case...I know about the Rapidash spot, gives 2.5k-3k XP per horde to the poke holding Exp share, whereas pilo spot gives 500 extra XP per horde.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Quentius said:

If you want to train Sp. Attack go to Opelucid City, go right and at the first grass spot up. Use sweet scent and you will see a horde golduck. Also gives 5/5,5K Exp at once

Golduck spot added.

Thanks for all the info :>

4 hours ago, Akshit said:

Pilo spot gives 6-7k XP if the attacker itself is the one who is being leveled.

But that usually isn't the case...I know about the Rapidash spot, gives 2.5k-3k XP per horde to the poke holding Exp share, whereas pilo spot gives 500 extra XP per horde.

Golduck spot added.

Thanks for all the info :>

Aah. Thought in total 3,5K Exp. Thanks <3

On 11/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, Quentius said:

btw, isnt poliswine too far away from your pc. I mean, it takes 3/4 minutes to walk there

less than a minute if you repel your way through giant chasm... though I usually go kill whatever I encounter in the path and catch the sneasels (got 34 razor claws right now xD)

On 5/10/2018 at 7:38 AM, Akshit said:

Sp Atk5 x Magneton / Kadabra (10 EVs), Cerulean Cave Entrance, Kanto, 50% Sp Atk EV Encounter (Run away from x5 Machoke / Primeape, they give 10 Atk EVs)

Cerulean Cave - 1st floor surfing = 100% golducks (10 EVs), and are 10+ lvl than route 14 ducks xD

Sp Def: 5 x Seel / Dewgong (5-10 EVs), Icefall Cave, Surf, Four Island, Kanto, 100% Sp Def EV Encounter

Sp Def: 5 x Claydol (10 EVs), Relic Castle, Volcarona Room, 100% Sp Def EV Encounter

Green path, next to pettern bush (six island), surfing 100% tentacruels = 10 EVs

Edited by TSLuluAylen

Atk3 x Paras (3 EVs), Mt. Moon, Cave, B1F, Kanto, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk5 x Heracross (10 EVs), Pattern Bush, Grass, Six Island, Kanto, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk: 5 x Mankey / Primeape (5-10 EVs), 5 x Arbok (10 EVs), Grass, Route 23, Kanto, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk: 3 x Pawniard (3 EVs), 5 x Garbodor (10 EVs), Grass, Route 9, Unova, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Atk5 x Herdier (10 EVs), Grass, Route 10, Unova, 100% Atk EV Encounter

Hoenn - Rayquaza's Tower (i dont know english name) - Ariados x5 = 10 EVs Atk - 100% rate

You can use all my locations from my Non-english guide if you want!

9 minutes ago, Linfanz said:

Also 100% tentacruels via surfing at the Battle Frontier (Hoenn), close to the Pokemon centre and more accessible

I forgot it, in my guide, i post a location for every region xD (but i added the battle frontier)

On 10/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, Akshit said:

Thanks for the info. Checked the spot, with Sweet Scent it's 100% 5 x Gloom (10 Sp. Atk EVs).

Guide updated.

Always went there for evs but today I encountered hordes of 3 mightyenas. Do the hordes there change depending on day or night time?

Tested it, it's 100% gloom hordes of 5 during day and 50% gloom hordes of 3 and 50% mightyena hordes of 3 during night.

Edited by WildHodor
Tested