Debt

yourmajezty

Question

Can we have a Debt service?

I see something I like on the GTL like a Lucky Egg (600K) but my account only has 200k 

I purchase it and there I go I have a new lucky egg for 600k and now my account is negative 400k. 

*A negative 1 million pokeyen limit*

18 answers to this question

I also think it would be too exploitable by simply borrowing with alts and just not return ever XD
Something similar might have been suggested before - maybe it was an ingame bank - but I don't recall if it has been denied

Alts never came into mind......hmm....

Single debt account I guess. "oh my other account is already paying debt."

I am just imagining a singe account with -342,323$ that needs to be paid before I am able to use my positive dollars

the marts wont sell says I have bad credit

7 minutes ago, yourmajezty said:

Alts never came into mind......hmm....

Single debt account I guess. "oh my other account is already paying debt."

I am just imagining a singe account with -342,323$ that needs to be paid before I am able to use my positive dollars

the marts wont sell says I have bad credit

Still makes no sense, what prevents me from creating a new account and doing the same over and over.

Also, marts don't sell anything you can't find on GTL, so in theory, it's meaningless.

Allow a 1m debt makes no difference with giving 1m to every players.

Even in real life, debt are controlled by experts, and here, in pokemmo, even if you have no bad intentions, nothing will constraint u to log in if u have debts to pay.

As I know (and maybe I'm wrong but I try to get as informed as possible about economic mechanics) such a thing would just lower the value of everything (which means lowering the value of pokeyens). Not even talking about multiaccount abuse.

2 hours ago, Raederz said:

Allow a 1m debt makes no difference with giving 1m to every players.

Even in real life, debt are controlled by experts, and here, in pokemmo, even if you have no bad intentions, nothing will constraint u to log in if u have debts to pay.

As I know (and maybe I'm wrong but I try to get as informed as possible about economic mechanics) such a thing would just lower the value of everything (which means lowering the value of pokeyens). Not even talking about multiaccount abuse.

experts that caused the global 2008 financial crisis debt will never work

1m debt system with no consequences of using it is basically just giving every player a free 1m. This is why in real life you have to pay interest when you borrow.

It's also riddled with flaws which can't be ironed out easily.

15 minutes ago, yourmajezty said:

maybe a quick implementation of an easy 40k debt system for a single account to climb out of is better

Thats same problem but on smaller scale. Overall its bad idea due to economy reasons - in real Life you need to pay debt or face consequences, here it wouldnt be possible to manage such thing in game.