[OU] Keep It Real (Sunday, 3rd June)

7915fb0ecb2990460d217b8e9f20a09f.jpg

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 128 Players | 6v6 OU | Bracket

Date & Time

Sunday, 3rd June | EDT 03:00 PM | UTC 7:00 PM | BST 8:00 PM Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

OU Ban List

Dugtrio | Wobbuffet

Banned Moves

Foul Play

Synchronoise

Baton Pass

Draco Meteor (Hydreigon)

First Place Prize

porygon-z.gif

GIFT Porygon-Z

Your choice of nature, four moves, with IVs 3x31 & 3x30

&

1,300,000 Pokeyen OR 1,300 Reward Points

Second Place Prize

700,000 Pokeyen OR 700 Reward Points

Third & Fourth Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

Fifth, Sixth, Seventh & Eigth Place Prize

125,000 Pokeyen OR 125 Reward Points

2 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

it's easy to breed it now. and also u cant evolve it since it evolve by trade.. gg staff

It's easy but still expensive. Also holy shit you're right they dun goofed with the trade evo part.

Non Shiny Giftmon Reward changed from Porygon to Porygon-Z

22 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

it's easy to breed it now

Easy ? lol... The cash aspect alone involved is huge.

Even a bad porygon on a minimum costs 15k, 1x31 Ditto costs 15k, 1x30 Ditto costs 3k, Natured Ditto is 2k, & Everstone is 15k ...

1x31 Porygon = 40k (including brace price)

1x30 Porygon = 28k (including brace price)

1x30 1x31 Porygon = 88k (including brace price)

2x30 1x31 Porygon = 196k (including brace price)

2x30 2x31 Porygon = 412k (including brace price)

2x30 3x31 Porygon = 844k (including brace price)

3x30 3x31 Porygon = 1708k (including brace price)

Natured bad Porygon (after breeding with a natured ditto) = 32k 

Natured 1x31 Porygon = 97k (including brace and everstone price)

Natured 1x30 1x31 Porygon = 210k (including brace and everstone price)

Natured 2x30 1x31 Porygon = 431k (including brace and everstone price)

Natured 2x30 2x31 Porygon = 868k (including brace and everstone price)

Natured 2x30 3x31 Porygon = 1737k (including brace and everstone price)

A Natured 3x30 3x31 Porygon = 3x30 3x31 Porygon + Natured 2x30 3x31 Porygon + brace and everstone price

A Natured 3x30 3x31 Porygon = 1708k + 1737k + 25k = 3470k aka 3.47m

Well, to keep it real we need to also discuss about how hard it is actually to win a 128 man tournament and how little value is actually distributed through this accomplishment. Even if we agree that the value of this said Porygon-Z is 3,5 mil, that divided by 128 players means that the value distributed from this tournament by player is under 30k. About 40k if we take the whole prize pool into consideration. How long it takes to farm 40k? About 20 mins. How long it takes to win an official? 4+ hours.

I don't really personally put much economic "value" for the prize being shiny but Daryl clearly does and just because you prove him that Porygon is worth something - for him it's nowhere near what a shiny prize would be worth. And if this gives a reason for him to complain then I think that complaint should be warranted (albeit maybe in a different thread) because I think it's pretty much impossible to deny that the prize for 1st place for such an achievement is ridiculous when you actually add that difficulty factor to it.

Edited by OrangeManiac
54 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Well, to keep it real we need to also discuss about how hard it is actually to win a 128 man tournament and how little value is actually distributed through this accomplishment. Even if we agree that the value of this said Porygon-Z is 3,5 mil, that divided by 128 players means that the value distributed from this tournament by player is under 30k. About 40k if we take the whole prize pool into consideration. How long it takes to farm 40k? About 20 mins. How long it takes to win an official? 4+ hours.

I don't really personally put much economic "value" for the prize being shiny but Daryl clearly does and just because you prove him that Porygon is worth something - for him it's nowhere near what a shiny prize would be worth. And if this gives a reason for him to complain then I think that complaint should be warranted because I think it's pretty much impossible to deny that the prize for 1st place for such an achievement is ridiculous when you actually add that difficulty factor to it.

Just letting him know that Breeding a 3x30 3x31 Porygon is hard asf even the economic factor aside given the amount of Porygons required.

PS. All values were taken at minimum, it will probably end up costing much more given you will not always find a steady supply of cheap Porygons, etc..

Also its time consuming and tiring asf, a grind which the winner will not have to go through...

whine when shiny cause 4x25

whine when 3x30 3x31 cause not shiny...

Seriously man, I don't make the rules. Go take it up elsewhere...

2 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Just letting him know that Breeding a 3x30 3x31 Porygon is hard asf even the economic factor aside given the amount of Porygons required.

PS. All values were taken at minimum, it will probably end up costing much more given you will not always find a steady supply of cheap Porygons, etc..

Also its time consuming and tiring asf, a grind which the winner not have to go through...

whine when shiny cause 4x25

whine when 3x30 3x31 cause not shiny...

Seriously man, I don't make the rules. Go take it up elsewhere...

First of all, don't ever take those posts personally. No one who has been in this game for longer than 15 days thinks that the prizes are decided by the person who makes the tournament thread. Also, I really wouldn't put down "prize complaints" as "whining" just because you don't agree with their point of view. Should Daryl have posted in some other thread about this, instead of posting it in this particular thread? Absolutely. Did his post contain little to no content besides being disappointed? Yes. But when you tried to math to Daryl that he's wrong in his point of view that the prize is insufficient, I had to simply counter-argue this point because saying nothing to dispute this would indicate that we're fine with your reasoning about this matter.

Like, I think you (you, as in staff together) should make a rule or something that you cannot complain about the prize in a tournament thread and that discussion should be always taken elsewhere. But when you're starting to argue back, you're just gonna get counter-arguments. I think that's only fair.

3 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

First of all, don't ever take those posts personally. No one who has been in this game for longer than 15 days thinks that the prizes are decided by the person who makes the tournament thread. Also, I really wouldn't put down "prize complaints" as "whining" just because you don't agree with their point of view. Should Daryl have posted in some other thread about this, instead of posting it in this particular thread? Absolutely. Did his post contain little to no content besides being disappointed? Yes. But when you tried to math to Daryl that he's wrong in his point of view that the prize is insufficient, I had to simply counter-argue this point because saying nothing to dispute this would indicate that we're fine with your reasoning about this matter.

Like, I think you (you, as in staff together) should make a rule or something that you cannot complain about the prize in a tournament thread and that discussion should be always taken elsewhere. But when you're starting to argue back, you're just gonna get counter-arguments. I think that's only fair.

Did not take it personally at all.

Daryl's post was on point, to which I provided argument that it is worth much economically and much more time consuming than he thinks.

From my point of view winner makes 1.3m and gets even costlier reward for a few hours of tournament playing, which is more than fair given you cannot make that much doing something else in the game.

1 hour ago, Akshit said:

From my point of view winner makes 1.3m and gets even costlier reward for a few hours of tournament playing, which is more than fair given you cannot make that much doing something else in the game.

Key point there being "winner", as in a single person of 128. Factoring in the time commitment and effort put in by 128 players, the prize just does not equate. Which is what my man Orange is trying to state. Sure someone gets a cool prize and some spending coin, but the reward for effort is not equivalent at all. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Key point there being "winner", as in a single person of 128. Factoring in the time commitment and effort put in by 128 players, the prize just does not equate. Which is what my man Orange is trying to state. Sure someone gets a cool prize and some spending coin, but the reward for effort is not equivalent at all. 

K. Will keep that in mind for future.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. All the best to ya'll for tournament.

• 4 weeks later...