Please create a F.A.Q.

razimove

Question

20 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Raederz said:

But ye, this one is kinda outdated / would be hard to update. Sounds nice to create a new one and have a staff member in charge of it, making sure it doesnt get out of date.

I know of the existence of this one, but it isn't very relevant due to how outdated it is like you said.

7 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Doens't mean one of the horses won't drink, and it's one less thread. But yeah I understand what you mean.

What if you reward the horse for drinking?

Update FAQ in game and end with a one-time questionnaire about the contents, reward successful completion with 50RP.

50RP by itself isn't enough to buy anything, but it makes buying more RP to be able to spend it more attractive.

Noobs learn about the game and devs make money.

Win-win situation.

9 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Update FAQ in game and end with a one-time questionnaire about the contents, reward successful completion with 50RP.

50RP by itself isn't enough to buy anything, but it makes buying more RP to be able to spend it more attractive.

Win-win situation.

900iq

10 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Win-win situation.

if a game hits me with a FAQ questionnaire before i can start playing it, im uninstalling

3 hours ago, Flavawhat said:

if a game hits me with a FAQ questionnaire before i can start playing it, im uninstalling

I think it's still as optional as it currently is.

The questionnaire would only trigger if you open and read through the FAQ yourself.

However, the existence of a 50 RP reward itself would get more people to discover the existence of the FAQ, as word will spread in channel chat, among other locations.

Our FAQ thread is being worked on currently, there might be potential change into current thread but I think we will use old one.

To your Point about the fact that its outdated and then generating Q uestions - we had a lot of Questions when FAQ was answering almost every question as well.

3 hours ago, Bearminator said:

[...] we had a lot of Questions when FAQ was answering almost every question as well.

Thanks for updating it - could still ease handling with questions as we simply might link the thread again

Maybe also link the forum thread in the ingame faq (again - iirc the forum originally was linked in the ingame faq but is not any longer).

And in addition, it would be really neat if a the chat would direct someone asking certain questions towards the ingame faq - I think some people are simply unaware that they could press 'h'.

Similar to how 'sell' is filtered and one is directed towards trade chat certain phrases/questions could be filtered and linked to the faq.

5 hours ago, Bearminator said:

To your Point about the fact that its outdated and then generating Q uestions - we had a lot of Questions when FAQ was answering almost every question as well.

the biggest problem in my opinion, is the FAQ visibility. Right now, I doubt many new players will click on it, same as the threads with the working abilities and moves, I doubt many even know that they exist due to where they are.

e02156ca208725ce6ae017ee8facd70f.png

This, should also have F.A.Q, and working moves/abilities, would it make the design less desirable? Maybe, but it's important stuff to know and have access to.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, redspawn said:

the biggest problem in my opinion, is the FAQ visibility. Right now, I doubt many new players will click on it, same as the threads with the working abilities and moves, I doubt many even know that they exist due to where they are.

e02156ca208725ce6ae017ee8facd70f.png

This, should also have F.A.Q, and working moves/abilities, would it make the design less desirable? Maybe, but it's important stuff to know and have access to.

Honestly, if people are genuinely interested in these things, they can make a quick search on the forum using the search bar. As for the people that frequently ask already answered questions; They are the ones too lazy to look it up anyways regardless of where or how apparent it is.  Thankfully we have admins that don't ignore us.

Edited by ZombieArron
6 hours ago, ZombieArron said:

Honestly, if people are genuinely interested in these things, they can make a quick search on the forum using the search bar. As for the people that frequently ask already answered questions; They are the ones too lazy to look it up anyways regardless of where or how apparent it is.  Thankfully we have admins that don't ignore us.

Oh but trust me, if you spoon feed them, the 'location', they'll see, they might not see it the moment they sign in, but they'll see it, especially since this stands out so much on the screen.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:23 AM, Bilburt said:

doesnt mean they dont know the answers, which is the whole point

No darling, the whole point is to create a F.A.Q. for those questions which are mostly being asked to reduce the unnecessary 20 topics about the same question.
And if they do, disallow them to create a new topic for a x amount of time till they learn to fucking search.

Edited by Malorne