Jump to content

Recommended Posts

You are free to speak about whatever you want as long as you follow the rules stated in the Code of Conduct. Behaviour that is found to be against the rules will be penalized accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post

Lemme quote Wikipedia's article about freedom of speech:
 

"The version of Article 19 in the ICCPR later amends this by stating that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".[6]

Freedom of speech and expression, therefore, may not be recognized as being absolute, and common limitations to freedom of speech relate to libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, sedition, incitement, fighting words, classified information, copyright violation, trade secrets, food labeling, non-disclosure agreements, the right to privacy, the right to be forgotten, public security, and perjury. "

 


Therefore, you are allowed to say what you think, but you're supposed to follow rules that you've agreed to while making a forum/game account for our services. 

 

 

 

 

Edit, cause I forgot- if you wish to talk about mute/warning point or any punishment given you by moderator or so, and you think that this punishment is unfair, you can always contact our SGM or Admin to talk about it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Raederz   
Posted (edited)

Ingame chat is a media Pokemmo choose to let you use, if only you accept following their rules.

 

You are free to use any media of your own to say whatever you want. So people who want to listen to you are free to follow you there.

But people on Pokemmo chat are here, consciously not, to ear a content that follows the code of conduct.

(I say "consciously or not", because people used to ignore stuff they are supposed to read, but the point is : we let them know what the chat is meant for)

 

Edit : Same for forum

Edited by Raederz

Share this post


Link to post

Free speech means opposing viewpoints can be seen, which staff hates. Therefore you'll be silenced and threaten with a ban because what you said is "against the code of conduct", and thanks to broad or vague words and terms like "unwanted attention", "offensive" and "abusive", they can get away with any mute they issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Raederz   
12 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Free speech means opposing viewpoints can be seen, which staff hates. Therefore you'll be silenced and threaten with a ban because what you said is "against the code of conduct", and thanks to broad or vague words and terms like "unwanted attention", "offensive" and "abusive", they can get away with any mute they issue.

We've all seen people disrespecting staff members, that's something rare in internet communities to have a staff magnanimous enought (maybe too much) to see it that often, even if it's for the troll, it's about the image it gives. So I wouldnt call pokemmo staff censor, because what you describe is something that could happen, but that's far from reality here ingame.

 

(Dont answer stuff like "maybe they deserve it,", that would not be a valid argument)

Share this post


Link to post

if you are totally against any and all censorship or rules, you can make your own platform. thats a option you can take those post to a blog or discord or forums of your own. thats a option, and on that platform you can make your own rules for the users and enforce them because its your platform. this isnt your platform or mine it's the pokemmo admins platform and they dont have to host your or my content. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

if you are totally against any and all censorship or rules, you can make your own platform. thats a option you can take those post to a blog or discord or forums of your own. thats a option, and on that platform you can make your own rules for the users and enforce them because its your platform. this isnt your platform or mine it's the pokemmo admins platform and they dont have to host your or my content. 

If PokeMMO staff want to build a dictatorship empire, why not ? But admit it then...

They still try to appear for fair and honest people while they punish some players for personal issues which is called discrimination, I have screens to prove this.

PokeMMO staff is a just a bunch of arrogant teenagers using their power to compensate their lack of confidence in real life.

Being incapable to recognize their mistakes and incapable to apologize is the perfect picture of it.

Having hosted the biggest scammer of the game in their ranks for months is also a good example of how serious they are just like the way they change half of the staff every month.

Share this post


Link to post
DrButler   
1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

an option

 

and while you´re right when you say we agreed to certain rules using these forums, it doesnt change the fact that having someone with a weird obsession with bears telling you whats funny and what isn´t or that you´d have to change your language, is quite questionable.

 

forums got boring, but thanks for protecting all those fragile souls from having their feelings hurt on the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Akshit   
7 hours ago, sweendogforums said:

Why is this game against the freedom of speech

It's not.

 

Got so much freedom of speech that few abuse it to be toxic, hateful, and rule breaking too.

 

22 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

PokeMMO staff is a just a bunch of arrogant teenagers using their power to compensate their lack of confidence in real life.

Now that's just false, and rude. But okay, if that is what makes you feel better, sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Gunthug   

Can't we raise legitimate concerns about staff without marching under the "freedom of speech" banner? The fact that so many don't know what freedom of speech actually is makes me sad for the state of our elementary schools across the world

Share this post


Link to post

ok so lets say the rules are "you must end every sentence with the word desu". while kinda funny, thats pretty dumb. but it's their house and their rules and they have the right to make whatever dumb rules they want and throw you out if you dont respect their rules, stupid or not. if you think its dumb just dont use their services. enough people think its dumb and the lack of use will kill it, or they will change. 

 

and hey if you think the rules are dumb and that fragile soul must be mocked then by all means go ahead and do it and get banned, but then understand the consequences of your actions are getting banned and it was your choice not the rules or that fragile soul who got you banned. 

 

that being said i think this fragile soul should be criticized. “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Raederz   
45 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

I have screens to prove this. PokeMMO staff is a just a bunch of arrogant teenagers using their power to compensate their lack of confidence in real life.

True of not, this is not something to say here. If you want to report anything, do it. I'm pretty sure high staff like their game enought to take their responsibilities if they face a problem with any staff member.

But don't put it there, without any proof (cuz you know you wil never provide it in public), because it won't help any cause, just stirs up hate.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sashaolin said:

If PokeMMO staff want to build a dictatorship empire, why not ? But admit it then...

They still try to appear for fair and honest people while they punish some players for personal issues which is called discrimination, I have screens to prove this.

PokeMMO staff is a just a bunch of arrogant teenagers using their power to compensate their lack of confidence in real life.

Being incapable to recognize their mistakes and incapable to apologize is the perfect picture of it.

Having hosted the biggest scammer of the game in their ranks for months is also a good example of how serious they are just like the way they change half of the staff every month.

PokeMMO staff simply enforce the code of conduct. If you don't like the code of conduct and believe it needs to be changed, then you can bring that up with the higher staff. However, don't insult staff for simply enforcing rules.

 

If, as you say, we are not fair and honest and punish players for personal issues, then you are absolutely free to appeal them to SGMs+ and I'm sure they'll be dealt with accordingly. 

 

From then on, you're just being rude. You're acting like we allowed scamming. As soon as it was made aware, it was dealt in the most serious way. Why do you feel the need to put every other staff member under the label just because of one bad staff member?

 

Every staff member is different, and if you dislike how one does things, go ahead and give your opinions to the higher ups so they can investigate. Insulting all of us just because you dislike how some staff members act is just ignorant.

Share this post


Link to post
DrButler   

already kinda agreed with your first point, but you can use stuff while being dissatisfied with it.

 

45 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

and hey if you think the rules are dumb and that fragile soul must be mocked then by all means go ahead and do it and get banned, but then understand the consequences of your actions are getting banned and it was your choice not the rules or that fragile soul who got you banned. 

implications; i never said that itd be necessary to mock anybody or that itd be someone elses fault if i got banned for mocking someone.

 

50 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

that being said i think this fragile soul should be criticized. “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” 

idk why anybody would be dreaming of being persecuted.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DrButler said:

stuff while being dissatisfied with it.

like my isp =/

4 hours ago, DrButler said:

implications; i never said that itd be necessary to mock anybody or that itd be someone elses fault if i got banned for mocking someone.

 

yea im just saying that cause i know people and have heard them complain about getting punished for breaking  rule thats dumb blaiming staff or whatever.

4 hours ago, DrButler said:

idk why anybody would be dreaming of being persecuted.

its a 100+ year old quote. read it as "falsely believing that i am being persecuted". often criticism is someone honestly thinking and voicing their concerns and they arent against you. and even if that person has something against you their criticism may still be valid. 

Share this post


Link to post
FunkPk   
1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

If you don't like the code of conduct and believe it needs to be changed, then you can bring that up with the higher staff.

The same "higher staff" who close every thread and hide every post that criticize anything about them/their game. Good luck with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Suneet   
45 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

The same "higher staff" who close every thread and hide every post that criticize anything about them/their game. Good luck with that. 

this

Share this post


Link to post
Raederz   
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

The same "higher staff" who close every thread and hide every post that criticize anything about them/their game. Good luck with that. 

Ye, and they're right, because it's not the right way to go.

 

->

about them :

If you wanna complain about a staff member, dont do it in public.

about the game :

The forum is currently full of non-hidden non-closed topics about it (but ye, the ones that are unconstructive hate are closed)

Edited by Raederz

Share this post


Link to post
Moetal   
1 hour ago, ImFunk said:

The same "higher staff" who close every thread and hide every post that criticize anything about them/their game. Good luck with that. 

I bring stuff to Desu. His responses are usually memes or he says he can't do anything about it. Not sure what I can do if I can't go any higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Raederz   
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Moetal said:

I bring stuff to Desu. His responses are usually memes or he says he can't do anything about it. Not sure what I can do if I can't go any higher.

Desu isnt doing staff management tho

 

As said above, this kind of high staff public criticism/taunt would be severely punished in many other communities.. In pokemmo, this is not even rare.

And as said above, even if you're in good relation with him, it's all about image it gives.

Edited by Raederz

Share this post


Link to post

Your rules are against the rules of the first amendment and the freedom of speech act so fuck your rules and your feelings

Share this post


Link to post
Gunthug   
Just now, sweendogforums said:

Your rules are against the rules of the first amendment and the freedom of speech act so fuck your rules and your feelings

Sween, my dude, you are wrong about this. The first amendment protects us citizens from the government, it's not a universal right to speak whatever you want 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SodaNaranja said:

You are free to speak about whatever you want as long as you follow the rules stated in the Code of Conduct. Behaviour that is found to be against the rules will be penalized accordingly.

Isn't that most things like I should be able to call you a uguu and not be opposed in any way because it is my opinion and the spectrum of human emotion says you could get offended by people who drink orange juice when you don't like it it's all just opinion grow up you bunch of lil uguues welcome to the real world.

Literally censored lol

Edited by sweendogforums

Share this post


Link to post
Raederz   
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

Isn't that most things like I should be able to call you a uguu and not be opposed in any way because it is my opinion and the spectrum of human emotion says you could get offended by people who drink orange juice when you don't like it it's all just opinion grow up you bunch of lil uguues welcome to the real world.

Literally censored lol

This is why we have human moderators instead of bots.

If a moderator is causing problems, report it (using the right way to report).

Not reporting a moderator you can prove he is doing his "job" wrong could be seen as bad as the moderator behaviour. Reporting it in public would be even worse.

 

Bad faith will always be around, if you start arguing about it, we will never find any solution.

 

Recruting moderators is something very hard and risky. We are all part of the processus of making the moderating team trustful.

Edited by Raederz

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.