Freedom of speech

12 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

Isn't that most things like I should be able to call you a uguu and not be opposed in any way because it is my opinion and the spectrum of human emotion says you could get offended by people who drink orange juice when you don't like it it's all just opinion grow up you bunch of lil uguues welcome to the real world.

Well i personally don't care too much about what others say about me, you could be highly offensive towards me in whisper or team and i wouldn't pay too much attention; i'd simply ignore it, doing it in public is different because it wouldn't involve just the two of us.

Yes i could get offended by people drinking orange juice or saying they do and that would not make drinking orange juice punishable, but if you go and tag me every time you're saying you drink orange juice, or mail me every day saying the same thing then it's harrassment, which usually should be solved by blocking the player. Now if it's not about drinking orange juice but rather something extremely offensive it would be penalized accordingly as long as we Moderators are aware of the issue.

As for calling other people names that they don't like in public but you think it's ok:

U1nagpT.png

It's the first rule you must follow to use our services, if you don't want to follow it and will get mad if you're punished by not doing so, i don't know what to tell you.

13 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Sween, my dude, you are wrong about this. The first amendment protects us citizens from the government, it's not a universal right to speak whatever you want 

Freedom of speech is a right otherwise the resulting party with power is oppressing natural order and manipulating people.

You're basically trying to defend tyranny if you don't want to be oppressed then why oppress others let people say what they want.

6 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

Freedom of speech is a right otherwise the resulting party with power is oppressing natural order and manipulating people.

You're basically trying to defend tyranny if you don't want to be oppressed then why oppress others let people say what they want.

Internet gives you the best opportunity to express yourself. 

Create your website, hate on pokemmo. This is how the dialogue can be made. You don't apply your rules on other people's media.

If nobody wants to check your website, Pokemmo has no reason to care about it.

If you oblige every media to accept every intervention, then where is freedom ? You just put constraint everywhere.

Edited by Raederz
1 minute ago, Raederz said:

Internet gives you the best opportunity to express yourself. 

Create your website, hate on pokemmo. This is how the dialogue can be made. You don't apply your rules on other people's media.

If nobody wants to check your website, Pokemmo has no reason to care about it.

None of you are actually contributing anything to the debate, because everybody should have freedom of speech; unfortunately the majority of you don't have the mental capacity to understand this, if you got put in jail every time you said something somebody didn't like would you not believe in the freedom of speech then?

2 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

None of you are actually contributing anything to the debate, because everybody should have freedom of speech; unfortunately the majority of you don't have the mental capacity to understand this, if you got put in jail every time you said something somebody didn't like would you not believe in the freedom of speech then?

You get freedom of speech from the government - that's why you can't be thrown in jail for saying something (unless it falls into the several exceptions, where they CAN in fact punish you for what you say. But that's irrelevant).

But guess what? PokeMMO is not the government. They can punish you for what you say, it's part of the agreement you agreed to by coming here and using their services.

Do you work? Do you have a job? Go in tomorrow and call your boss a fat fucking piece of shit. Let me know how freedom of speech works for you then

14 minutes ago, sweendogforums said:

What a jail. If you want to inform people about anything, pokemmo can't prevent you from doing that. Only reason of your complaining is that you want to be heard by people who don't want to listen to you.

Pokemmo accept to let people use its network to interact with each others, it makes it easy to be heard, but people also accept that they will be restricted on what they can say, and they agree with that because this way, they know they wont be bothered with inappropriate stuff. Everything has its price, and here, we are widely winning.

Once we all agree with it, saying anything against the code of conduct goes against every other user freedom because CoC protects them from being spammed, harassed with stuff they're not here to hear.

Edited by Raederz
4 minutes ago, Raederz said:

What a jail. If you want to inform people about anything, pokemmo can't prevent you from doing that. Only reason of your complaining is that you want to be heard by people who don't want to listen to you.

Pokemmo accept to let people use its network to interact with each others, it makes it easy to be heard, but people also accept that they will be restricted on what they can say, and they agree with that because this way, they know they wont be bothered with off topic stuff. Everything has its price, and here, we are widely winning.

Once we all agree with it, saying anything against the code of conduct goes against OUR freedom because it protects us from being spammed, harassed with stuff we're not here to hear.

Special snowflakes mod game but can't take criticism try to oppress the fan base that pays people said game robs people for years saying that the shiny rate was 1/8147 when it wasn't then tries taking away the freedom of speech you all should be locked up you criminal cuckks

• Desu locked this topic