how to stop mienshao

title says enough lmao.

Shit triggers me all the time. How do I stop it? It's movepool is that big I feel it's pretty hard to stop.

Also Life Ball + U-turn + Regen is just annoying af

- Grass Knot, Stone Edge, High Jump Kick, Fake Out, HP Ice - U-Turn - and prob a lot more lol

Can someone tell me how what a good way is to stop this thing?

4 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

ghost man. he hjk and dies, or switch to something super offensive when you predict the u turn or a hazard user to punish him.

Obvious shit like Dusknoir wins. But that isnt viable at all in OU with all these defogers. I mean is it even healthy that you have to run a certain mon which isnt viable at all to stop that thing.

Imo its even banworthy. :V

3 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue32/checks-and-counters

"It is impossible for a Pokémon set to check or counter itself."

Reveal hidden contents

no u

was not thinking to counter mienshao directly but probably more something like.

-both teams lead a 'el presidente' strat where you keep the mienshao alive and try to kill the other 5 mons, and neither knows wtf to do about the mienshao

or

-when he runs mienshao suddenly all its weaknesses will become very apparent if he loses a couple duels

3 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

was not thinking to counter mienshao directly but probably more something like.

-both teams lead a 'el presidente' strat where you keep the mienshao alive and try to kill the other 5 mons, and neither knows wtf to do about the mienshao

or

-when he runs mienshao suddenly all its weaknesses will become very apparent if he loses a couple duels

ik im channeling my inner @Gunthug

There's a lot of options to simply switch in, but Meinshao is tough because it usually can hit and run all game and will be around until the end since there isn't anything to trap it and regen/uturn is a thing. 

My advice is just play smart, recognize it's speed tier and understand it can't kill a lot of things but can be ohko'd by so many. 

26 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

run your own mienshao

If the devs didnt steal my money with dumb updates I would.

10 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

There's a lot of options to simply switch in, but Meinshao is tough because it usually can hit and run all game and will be around until the end since there isn't anything to trap it and regen/uturn is a thing. 

My advice is just play smart, recognize it's speed tier and understand it can't kill a lot of things but can be ohko'd by so many. 

Ehhh

The kinda part play smart is a problem lol.

=(

8 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue32/checks-and-counters

"It is impossible for a Pokémon set to check or counter itself."

Reveal hidden contents

no u

I don't know who wrote this garbage but it's of course false.

Many sets are checks for themselves, the most common example is Blissey... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.