Let's talk about teams.

ReddoKun

Question

Teams at the moment are just a group of people or communities talking and discussing about stuffs. Your popularity can also increase depending on your team and also the way people look at you can change from looking at the team tag right besides your name... But can't it be more than that?

PokeMMO is a MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer Online. This means that we need the community to be more versed by being much more in-touch by each other. I listed below some suggestions that may make teams be much more rewarding and fun to join.

Spoiler

QUICK NOTE: The suggestions I have listed below may be posted already but I want to compile those ideas in this one thread. And no, I did not read any other threads about teams as of making this post after my hiatus.

Flexible Tournament Making

Spoiler

I placed this first because I had really big trouble on making a tournament for my team. I want a system on where we can make a tournament window similar to the tournament window of the game. Brackets, time, prizes, clauses, bans and also a sign-up button with a feature of needing an entrance fee or not needed.

More Roles and Permissions

Spoiler

The current roles are Boss, Executive, Commander, Officer, Member and Grunt. I want to be able to make custom roles like Head Commander or Vice-Leader and rename Boss to Leader. We can set the priorities or the higher rank by top to bottom or bottom to top.  I also want to be much more flexible with the Permissions like being able to make tournaments (as said on my prev. suggestion), and preferable more.

Titles and Trainer Card

Spoiler

I want to be able to give Titles to my members. Something like "Best NU, Wild Comp-Catcher or Founder" would be nice. We can also make it so that it shows up in the trainer card (and please, add more features to the trainer card like showing all badges, tournament wins, and being able to view others' trainer cards. I'll go make another thread about this.)

Team Shop

Spoiler

Now, I want this to be in the game. We can get points for participating the team tournament or being online. Team Points can now be traded for Temporary Team Shiny Status (Something that gives the entire team + chance to find shinies temporarily) or Permanent Team Shiny Status, Temporary More Experience (something that gives the entire team more chances to get exp), Permanent More Experience Status, Temporary more EVs or Permanent more EVs, ect items.

Tiers

Spoiler

I want to be able to set members or get members to pick their tier if "CASUAL", "OU", "UU", "NU", "LITTLE CUP". It would make things easier tbh.

Chat Bot

Spoiler

A bot that says a message every 5 or 10 minutes would be nice. We can set a custom message like "Our Team's Forums is: x.com" or something.

I'll be adding more in the future.

Edited by ReddoKun

4 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, ReddoKun said:

Flexible Tournament Making

Hide contents

I placed this first because I had really big trouble on making a tournament for my team. I want a system on where we can make a tournament window similar to the tournament window of the game. Brackets, time, prizes, clauses, bans and also a sign-up button with a feature of needing an entrance fee or not needed.

I'll only adress this aspect because I also think that enabling players to one day use the automated tournament system themselves to create custom automated events could be very beneficial - also handing them all the options like creating those events 'only' for a certain group of people, like any on their friends list/any of their team (which could also promote teams further).

However, at least two suggestions encompassing this aspect already exist