Slush Rush (& swift swim) on Beartic (why isn't it in game already?)

greenspade

Question

Title says it all really, Beartic should have access to slush rush as a normal ability but currently he only is able to use snow cloak that raises his evasion.. and as far as I'm aware theres a pvp clause for evasion so doesn't this make this move either worthless by not working, or counter to pvp rules by raising evasion and thus equally as worthless?

Either way Beartic without slush rush OR hidden ability swift swim makes him alot less useful then he could be.

While we're on the subject: Why doesn't the hidden ability swift swim work? I mean we know swift swim is programmed into the game already, you'd think you could just apply it to that pokemon easily. And I mean other hidden abilities work, so is there some kind of procedure or list of rules a ability or hidden ability must pass before its programmed into the game? Cuz it seems random, some pokemon have it, others dont.

Just now, Darkshade said:

No, it's everywhere.

And outside of a few NPCs which have them, Hidden Abilities are available active on any species.

If I'm reading this correctly your saying hidden abilities should work in pvp and that they should be active on any species?

So I should be looking forward to a patch soon to enable swift swim on beartics hidden ability?

Just now, Darkshade said:

Yes, we want to release them at a later date, through the implementation of dungeons.

With all due respect, is that really wise to wait on something that is obviously a huge meta change? I mean we're all getting used to pokemon not as they should be, but rather how they are in this game, plus others are straight up perma banned to NU cuz they dont work as intended properly.... I mean beartic has extremely low speed for a reason, that reason is its supposed to be a decent speed when mixed with slush rush or swift swim, beartic without either is just a highly disabled pokemon that again is not working as intended.

I guess thats my whole thing, half the pokemon are not working as intended and it kinda ruins the meta since things would be alot different if each poke was finished before moving onto the next thing. Just feels rather "beta game" over here being told pokemon that have been in the game for like 5-6 years still don't work properly or as intended by not having their hidden abilities... Honestly Its great you guys came out with the new area (even if alot of the content says not yet in game) but I can't help but be a little frusterated that you guys are moving onto other projects before whats already in the game has been completed.

Just my 2 cents, been here since 2013 at least so I hope my opinion is valid.

I mean for example giving peli drizzle brought him out of the never used up into OU.. but its like other pokemon have dizzle too like politoad, but they just don't have access to it cuz its a unfinished pokemon without the hidden ability. Politoad isn't in OU tier, but if it had drizzle it could easily be the favored choice over peli and I could easily see it in OU.

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Rain Dish is Pelipper's hidden ability, not Drizzle.

Respectfully, your wrong, Drizzle ability (not hidden) is the reason pelipper is now in OU, rain dish hidden ability has nothing to do with that, its obviously not even enabled.

Check out GTL, edit to most expensive, look at the top ones, they ALL have drizzle as ability.

Edited by greenspade
2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I never said otherwise.

"Rain Dish is Pelipper's hidden ability, not Drizzle."

? I never once claimed they gave pelipper a hidden ability called drizzle.

But its a pretty commonly known fact that pelipper didn't have access to drizzle ability previously and with the addition of this ability, IT CHANGED THE META.

It changed it the same way adding drizzle would to politoad, if that hidden ability had been given to politoad before pelipper got access to drizzle then you'd see politoad instead of pelipper in OU right now.

Thats my whole point: pokemon who have been in the game for half a decade are still unfinished and not working as intended.. this feels broken.. Yet they are working on new projects instead of finishing whats in the game already, erks me a bit gota be honest :( 

Edited by greenspade
31 minutes ago, greenspade said:

is that really wise to wait on something that is obviously a huge meta change?

Most of the abilities are not working right now so it cannot be rushed (only 22/88 are working)

And also HA dungeons have meaning yo them than just giving us access to hidden abilities so its better imo

35 minutes ago, greenspade said:

I mean we're all getting used to pokemon not as they should be, but rather how they are in this game

Thats how it works here, pokemmo never had the same meta as others.

38 minutes ago, greenspade said:

, half the pokemon are not working as intended and it kinda ruins the meta since things would be alot different if each poke was finished before moving onto the next thing.

Unova region just came out 5 months ago and is still not finished.the moves abilities and items are still being added

40 minutes ago, greenspade said:

Just feels rather "beta game"

It is. Pokemmo will stay in beta forever

37 minutes ago, greenspade said:

I mean for example giving peli drizzle brought him out of the never used up into OU.. but its like other pokemon have dizzle too like politoad, but they just don't have access to it cuz its a unfinished pokemon without the hidden ability.

Pelipper got drizzle because it gets drizzle in gen 7 and pokemmo follows gen 6+ mechanics and politoad didnt get drizzle bcoz its an HA on it and HAs are not released yet

2 minutes ago, Lightningvolt01 said:

politoad didnt get drizzle bcoz its an HA on it and HAs are not released yet

I'm aware its a hidden ability, all I'm saying is gen 1 pokemon had hidden abilities, it doesn't make any sense to me why they have not been added yet, its NOT the same case as peli where he got a new ability with the new gen, these are old pokemon who have had it from the start, yet don't here.

Edited by greenspade
2 minutes ago, greenspade said:

I'm aware its a hidden ability, all I'm saying is gen 1 pokemon had hidden abilities, it doesn't make any sense to me why they have not been added yet, its NOT the same case as peli where he got a new ability with the new gen, these are old pokemon who have had it from the start, yet don't here.

Try reading the rest of my post.Maybe that will help you understand

30 minutes ago, Lightningvolt01 said:

Try reading the rest of my post.Maybe that will help you understand

Just now, Toupi said:

First and second abilities are in the pokemmo but not HA yet. It's not that  hard 

What do you guys think is hard about me saying IT SHOULD BE IN THE GAME?

I mean do you guys have any legitimate reason WHY hidden abilities are not in the game yet?

I mean again hidden abilities existed in generation one and two, so why are gen 1 and 2 pokemon unable to use their hidden abilities? Even moreso when that ability has been added to the game already, just not enabled on some pokes cuz its a hidden ability.

I mean its not hard to understand we don't need to have a dungeon release to use hidden abilities, they should already be working on pokes, not sure why you guys are confused about this, pokemon are incomplete and not working as intended for every pokemon that doesn't have its hidden ability, so I honestly see no reason why it hasn't been added yet or why we need to wait for a dungeon release for it when they should've already been in game before moving onto the next thing.. its like half the pokemon in the game are broken due to this, whats even the point in having a meta?

3 minutes ago, Gilan said:

because the devs want to use hidden abilities as an incentive to do dungeons. Whether or not you agree with that notion is up to you; but, it’s what the devs have decided and been working under the assumption of for a long time now.

Well maybe I should start a new thread with the suggestion to release them before hand, cuz tbh I've been waiting years to properly use pokemon that are now obsolete due to meta change and releasing of the new areas.

You got more information on this? Hidden abilities are being held hostage as incentive to do dungeons? Like you can't use them till you unlock it on some dungeon? Or its going to make hidden abilities switchable with regular ones so they are not active same time?

Edited by greenspade