PokeMMO Battle Association - Discussion thread - Also donation thread

The signup thread will be opening in 12 hours and 45 minutes from now.

I decided that the number of participants allowed for Season 1 will be 48 players. This means 4 divisions, each containing 12 players. Every post after this will be a reserve. If a signed up player does not show up to the draft they're assigned to nor they have any representative for the draft, after missing the two first rounds of the draft I will make a call for any reserve player to take up the spot and then the first reserve to take spot will get the spot and can start the draft immediately. Therefor if you missed the 48 player signups, lurking in during the draft to wait and see if someone missed the draft can be a way to become a player in the first season of PBA.

Currently we're at 15 mil prize pool. I think this is a very cool amount considering how this tournament is completely new and is a little bit more exclusive than PSL (sorry). The way the prize money will be currently distributed is that 1,5 million will be given for the winner of each division after 5 rounds of Swiss in each division. However, the best 4 out of the 12 from each division will make it to the final stage of the tournament, which is a weekly single elimination bracket from the remaining players. The winner of the final stage will win 7 million Pokeyen while the runner up gets 2 million.

6 hours ago, Artemiseta said:

@OrangeManiac

is there a set time for the drafts?

It depends based on the players in each division. If a division consists people from both sides of Atlantic (which probably will happen), the draft will be starting around 2-4 PM EST (exact time will be obviously announced when divisions are set).

So, currently we're only at 18 signups (w/ preferred times) as well as 2 additional signups without additional information. We're currently high lacking in the participation I wished to reach for such an event. Not only that but here's the table of the signups so far:

20e2da2acf1147b758016920846285e5.png

Currently the vast majority have put their preferred date as Saturday and unfortunately they're usually even the same people. Technically throwing a draft from the first 12 that can do 26th may is a possibility but by this we need to decide what are we even going to do with the event. We currently don't even have nowhere near the amount of people I had planned and therefor the whole thing would need to be restructured. I'd like to hear your opinions regarding what do you think we should do about this situation.

I honestly don't mind this being a smaller event (maybe only 2 divisions), just people having fun by doing weekly battles and all that but I'm not sure that was what people were donating for, so that's why I'm asking.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Alright, another announcement. Because of lower amount of signups than I anticipated, PBA will be divided into two divisions. Currently each division will have 12 players but if there's a few more signups the size of each division may be expanded by a couple of more players.

Because Saturday was the most common draft date by landslide, I will already confirm that the draft dates for the two divisions are 26th May and 2nd of June - both starting at 2 PM EST. This time is to make sure the draft isn't too late or too early for the majority of the playerbase (so from America and Europe).

Based on the wished times, the following players have currently been locked into following drafts:

26th May:

@DoctorPBC

@SweeTforU

@Aerun

2nd of June:

@Zhikodark

@TiToooo

The following players didn't prefer Saturday so I'm sorry to say that the draft will be on Saturday so I'd hope you would let me know asap which of these two Saturdays would work better for you. (If neither, remember that you can use a representative for the draft): @calidubstep @Sebat @pachima

Everyone else currently said that both Saturdays are equally fine for them but you can let me know if you would prefer one over the other.

That's all for now. PBA will be happening, even if it's with our current 24 players.

@OrangeManiac  Isn't 1000 total credits a bit too low when tier 1 mons are 300 credits and tier 2 mons 250. So when I pick a tier 1 mon I still need 5 mons with 700 credits. Thats less then 150 each mon to spend? 

Isnt it better to have like 1500 credits so we all can have a slightly better team

6 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

@OrangeManiac  Isn't 1000 total credits a bit too low when tier 1 mons are 300 credits and tier 2 mons 250. So when I pick a tier 1 mon I still need 5 mons with 700 credits. Thats less then 150 each mon to spend? 

Isnt it better to have like 1500 credits so we all can have a slightly better team

It's simply to balance so that people with first picks can't just sweep the whole Tier 1 and Tier 2 Pokemon pool empty. It's for strategic drafting: You can either get one monster and plenty of cheap supporters or 6 all around good but not the highest tier Pokemon. Everyone's own decision. 1500 credits is wayyy too much for me, you could literally get a full team of Tier 1s and 2s and the only thing stopping you would be the rule that "you can't draft a Pokemon someone else drafted already".

3 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Alright, another announcement. Because of lower amount of signups than I anticipated, PBA will be divided into two divisions. Currently each division will have 12 players but if there's a few more signups the size of each division may be expanded by a couple of more players.

Because Saturday was the most common draft date by landslide, I will already confirm that the draft dates for the two divisions are 26th May and 2nd of June - both starting at 2 PM EST. This time is to make sure the draft isn't too late or too early for the majority of the playerbase (so from America and Europe).

Based on the wished times, the following players have currently been locked into following drafts:

26th May:

@DoctorPBC

@SweeTforU

@Aerun

2nd of June:

@Zhikodark

@TiToooo

The following players didn't prefer Saturday so I'm sorry to say that the draft will be on Saturday so I'd hope you would let me know asap which of these two Saturdays would work better for you. (If neither, remember that you can use a representative for the draft): @calidubstep @Sebat @pachima

Everyone else currently said that both Saturdays are equally fine for them but you can let me know if you would prefer one over the other.

That's all for now. PBA will be happening, even if it's with our current 24 players.

Hey man i just got a msg that i have my finals on the 27th early in the morning so i cant really be on the draft of the 26th, I prefer being on the next weekend