Can Phenomena only Pokemon not be so.

PhoenixNoah

Question

This is primarily aimed at alomomola, since I don't know of other phenomena only pokemon besides audino, which has a relatively large number of phenos it can be found. I am not counting phenomena pokemon such as excadrill or weavile since there are other ways to get them. Kyu's changelog at march 6th says the phenos have been made more common, but there are no numbers to show what the rates are, and people have been pretty quiet when it comes to phenomena. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the spots listed for alomomola

----------------------------------------------------------------------

JD1FscI.png

One of the issues is that relic castle doesn't have water, so a water phenomena can't exist in relic castle.

Another is that compared to all the water phenomena possible, alomomola is only possible at 5 of them. 

Routes 17.18, and P2 lab are right next to each other which seems nice, but they are rather far and odds are pretty low either ways. 

Based on the one alomomola in gtl at the time, and the one I actually caught while making this post, only route 18 and driftveil can be confirmed with solid proof. 

This makes hunting alomomola a matter of extreme luck, since you have to hope that whatever pheno does appear is in those specific spots, at whatever rates phenomena do appear. Iirc, there are 150 spots, so that means you've got a 5/150(3.33%) chance of getting a pheno with alomomola, and that would be a single pheno in unova every 15-30min(or whatever the newer rates are). I'm ok with having phenomena pokemon, but there should  be a more reliable way of finding them than a 3.33% chance whenever a phenomena appears. 

Another minor issue is that routes 17,18,p2 lab, and 4 are a little far from PCs, so if someone does find the phenomena, others may miss out pretty easily. 

I propose that the phenomena only pokemon, mostly, alomomola, gets a rare fishing spot far from the a PC like p2 lab, so that people don't have to wait for unreliable phenos for pokemon. 

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, GeneralVenican said:

Did it get too hard for you?

I dunno why you're being so condescending, this seems actually super cancerous to deal with.

It's entirely valid feedback and from what I can tell it seems pretty accurate that finding Alomamola is abnormally difficult compared to other Phenomenon encounters.

If the info here isn't too incorrect apart from minor mistakes then I'd agree that Alomamola spawn rates should be upped in some way.

One of the issues is that relic castle doesn't have water, so a water phenomena can't exist in relic castle.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Relic_Castle

Based on the pictures on that site there is indeed no water in that area.

Having an admin post here to confirm this is a mistake in the pokedex or not would be appreciated.

As for alomomola being a pheno only poke I think is fine.It requires teamwork and some time to find it.Its like the feebas tile.There is ALOT of tiles in route 119 hoenn.

One time when a tile was found I had to use superrod and find 10 wild pokes before I found feebas.A fact very scary for when you need to find the tile in the first place.

Besides most people want them for the OT pokedex and its nice to have some rare pokes.

As for me I was patient and waited for people to share pheno with those poke to complete my OT pokedex.