Breeding ideas, and thoughts on Legendaries.

Zantalar

Breeding modification  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a reward for training your pokemon before breeding?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/18 at 07:05 PM

Question

Sorry this is in the wrong section but I'm not able to post in the suggestion box, I'm assuming it's because I only recently made this account. I want to have this typed up here so I don't forget to post these thoughts.

I've not seen as of yet this thought on Legendaries: A good way to do it would be legendaries would only be allowed in PvP for special occasions, as in Legendary only tournaments and PvP type, kind of like the no Uber or only Uber option. Also I've been reading up on the legendaries and it seems like some aren't actually one of a kind, mew for example might actually be a species. I can see certain types like the god Pokemon and Mewtwo as well as others that are definitely one of a kind should be implemented like Mewtwo currently is. I've heard of there being Legendary Dungeons a possability and think that some of these concepts would hopefully prove useful.

Also I was thinking about the breeding penalty and have suggestions. Since there is the heavy penalty of loosing Pokemon through breeding I think there should be some form or reward for breeding. My suggestion is to allow EV's to minutely effect the IV ratio, a small effect on the maximum EV/100 rounded down, and half that rounded up for the maximum. This would be affected by both parents, ie. Mother IV 2, EV 252; Father IV 20, EV 252; ratio of 7-23. This would reward players for training while requiring immense amount of effort allowing for better Pokemon instead of just relying on luck to get good Pokemon solely. Although luck would still be a significant factor, but would allow for a bit more reward for effort

Edited by Zantalar

14 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Zantalar said:

Sorry this is in the wrong section but I'm not able to post in the suggestion box,

there is a post count restriction to suggestions box that disallows every single noob to be able to post in there. Unfortunately its just a post count... So stupid ideas like this will still be able to show up in there.

1 hour ago, Zantalar said:

Since there is the heavy penalty of loosing Pokemon through breeding

the "penalty" is there so that you dont flood the market with 6x31 comps.Its there to balance the pokenomy

1 hour ago, Zantalar said:

My suggestion is to allow EV's to minutely effect the IV ratio, a small effect on the maximum EV/100 rounded down, and half that rounded up for the maximum. This would be affected by both parents, ie. Mother IV 2, EV 252; Father IV 20, EV 252; ratio of 7-23

Not only your suggestion promotes more grinding but it also but also will wreck the breeder market (i.e. if people use it, which i think they wont)

On 4/19/2018 at 6:47 AM, ImFunk said:

If you know how to breed correctly none of it is based on luck, as you can control the IVs/nature through braces and Everstones. 

Unless you don't catch any good pokemon, that's the luck part of the equation. Hard to breed a perfect 31 pokemon however. You can only get to stats passed directly unless they have some that are the same but that's more luck. I'm decent at breeding but I'd like to be able to also have a way to increase other stats without dropping 20k or getting an extremely good one with what I have by training to improve a weakness.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:45 AM, Lightningvolt01 said:

the "penalty" is there so that you dont flood the market with 6x31 comps.Its there to balance the pokenomy

Not only your suggestion promotes more grinding but it also but also will wreck the breeder market (i.e. if people use it, which i think they wont)

I understand the pokenomy concept, however my point still stands simply getting the egg right away doesn't really make up for loosing 2 pokemon. On your other point, grinding is kinda the theme of pokemon, being able to improve an offspring by training a pokemon would I think be a good concept. It's not like people would be forced to train their pokemon before breeding. If grinding is an issue then pokenomy is the least of your worries.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:40 AM, Malorne said:

there is a post count restriction to suggestions box that disallows every single noob to be able to post in there. Unfortunately its just a post count... So stupid ideas like this will still be able to show up in there.

Not quite as stupid as responding in such a way, I'm a noob only to the site, I've been playing PokeMMO since they added rebattling trainers and pokemon since it came out. Here's a thought be useful and point out what's stupid like an intelligent person would, otherwise you just look bad.

10 minutes ago, Zantalar said:

I understand the pokenomy concept, however my point still stands simply getting the egg right away doesn't really make up for loosing 2 pokemon

no you still don't understand.

10 minutes ago, Zantalar said:

On your other point, grinding is kinda the theme of pokemon, being able to improve an offspring by training a pokemon would I think be a good concept. It's not like people would be forced to train their pokemon before breeding.

"wrecks the breeder market"

On 4/19/2018 at 5:31 AM, Quakkz said:

yeah like better ivs on the offspring, oh wait

You can't get an IV better than the highest parent has 21-22 cannot get to 23, you'd have to find one with 23 or better. I'm not married to the idea it's just a thought to allow for training to be an option not just catching 20 pokemon and hoping one or two have good stats, or buying one off the market.

To get off the negativity:

While I think it wouldn't be a bad addition (benefit for benefit's sake here), not many trainers would be willing to EV train one or two fodder pokemon just for a minute increase in IV's in the offspring. It's true that the way current breeding works seems harsh at first, but intentionally spending 2 hours to catch additional pokemon with 31's you need is overall more beneficial than spending 2 hours to EV train a pokemon you're knowingly losing.

Yes, taking a 29 IV pokemon to 30 or 31 would be nice, but the effect on how the 'pokenomy' would become wouldn't be small.

Again, I don't think this is a bad idea, but maybe not strong enough of one to be completely useable passively.

Just now, EpicAncient said:

To get off the negativity:

While I think it wouldn't be a bad addition (benefit for benefit's sake here), not many trainers would be willing to EV train one or two fodder pokemon just for a minute increase in IV's in the offspring. It's true that the way current breeding works seems harsh at first, but intentionally spending 2 hours to catch additional pokemon with 31's you need is overall more beneficial than spending 2 hours to EV train a pokemon you're knowingly losing.

Yes, taking a 29 IV pokemon to 30 or 31 would be nice, but the effect on how the 'pokenomy' would become wouldn't be small.

Again, I don't think this is a bad idea, but maybe not strong enough of one to be completely useable passively.

You are right on all accounts my thought would be beneficial more for rare pokemon that you don't run across all that often than pokemon that are easy to find and catch. For example

houndour is currently only found in the altering cave or the Hoen Safari zone. I've done it about 10 times found 6 houndour and caught 4 of them this took about 3 or 4 hours and only one had a good stat but not even 31, only one had really bad stats though. Being able to turn these 4 into 1 really good one would be useful. It's sadly the only situation I could think of where my idea would be more beneficial than catching pokemon. As for the Altering cave I can't find an existing list of the current system but there are pokemon that are still quite rare like the Chimecho which I spent 6 hours to find only 1.

To sum it up you are absolutely right, but there are rare circumstances where my idea would at least be better than what we have right now.

3 minutes ago, Zantalar said:

...As for the Altering cave I can't find an existing list of the current system...

Check out this link. It's a snapshot from September 2017 of Pokemmocycles. It used to be the go-to place for Altering Cave info. It's not functional nowadays, but that should work. I imagine there's a guide somewhere with updated info, but I'm not certain.

As for using low-encounter rate pokemon like your Houndour, you can still create a 'perfect pokemon' using other methods. If it's a male, breed it with any Ditto to make it a female. Afterwards you can breed your female Houndour with any compatible egg  group's pokemon accordingly and add 31 IV's that way. As long as your Houndour is the mother, it will always be a Houndour.