E4 Speedrun ($1,000,000 reward)

well damn shuck, that's a great job you did there! Very nice!

What is your IGN so that I can mail you the 1,000,000$ reward?

How would you rate your success rate with the team? Looks like crits could mess you up.

Even if the prize is claimed I still encourage you guys to keep trying this. Especially since the winning team, while excellent, looks like it isn't even optimal.

Also we still need good times for unova and hoenn!

I will keep this post updated with any new records.

2 minutes ago, hihats said:

well damn shuck, that's a great job you did there! Very nice!

What is your IGN so that I can mail you the 1,000,000$ reward?

How would you rate your success rate with the team? Looks like crits could mess you up.

Even if the prize is claimed I still encourage you guys to keep trying this. Especially since the winning team, while excellent, looks like it isn't even optimal.

Also we still need good times for unova and hoenn!

I will keep this post updated with any new records.

My IGN is Shuck as well, written exactly like that.

The success rate is pretty decent, most of the time Im setting up the A.I switches or tries to attack me with an attack which wouldnt kill even if it crits(as you can see in the lorelei fight).

If a crit mess the chain up just use a revive but it will make you lose a few minutes for sure.

Even if the team isnt optimal, the pace of the battles were pretty decent so it doesnt seem like theres much faster possibilities.

Prize sent!

Yeah good point on the crits. i guess since you are just passing a few stat boosts it really makes it more consistent.

I was going full BP on some runs and either it worked really well or id get hit with an unlucky crit and bam, chain was dead.

Also it takes forever to pass many boosts, so it is quite slow to baton pass more than a few times, like 10+ minutes per fight compared to your 5-6minutes.

That is really good.

cheers!

For those of you who still care, I just made a new team, this time focused more on physical attack and its a lot better, I didnt even need to use all of them most of the time.

Time: 21:21

@hihats I told you I was going to try a new team bro :D

Ninjask - Jolly/Bright Powder/252HP 252Spe/Leech Life, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Substitute

Scizor - Impish/Leftovers/252HP 252Def/Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Roost

Vaporeon - Bold/Leftovers/252HP 252Def/Scald, Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Wish

Drifblim - Calm/Leftovers/252HP 252Spdef/Shadow Ball, Amnesia, Baton Pass, Substitute

Gliscor - Impish/Leftovers/252HP 252Def/Earthquake, Agility, Baton Pass, Roost

Haxorus - Adamant/Dragon Fang/252Atk 252Spe/Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Super Power, Swords Dance

Edited by Shuck
sets

damn GJ shuck, that's a new level of OPness right there!

Would you change anything on that team? Looks like you really didn't need the defense boosts from vaporeon and drifblim, though I like the idea of going full boosts lol.

BTW why not use protect + sub on ninjask instead of leech life?

4 minutes ago, hihats said:

damn GJ shuck, that's a new level of OPness right there!

Would you change anything on that team? Looks like you really didn't need the defense boosts from vaporeon and drifblim, though I like the idea of going full boosts lol.

BTW why not use protect + sub on ninjask instead of leech life?

Tbh I wouldn't change anything, Vaporeon and Drifblim are there only as defensive backbones incase I can't one shot the Pokémon in front of me, the boosts are there just as something to click to scout if the NPC will switch or not, sometimes it makes the job easier too. Gliscor is there for eletric immunity and is something that can keep the chain going just in case.

As for protect on Ninjask I don't think its necessary at all, I'd rather always use Sub first because if the NPC switch I get a free boost with Swords Dance, Ninjask will be faster most of the time anyways on turn 1.

9 hours ago, Shuck said:

Tbh I wouldn't change anything, Vaporeon and Drifblim are there only as defensive backbones incase I can't one shot the Pokémon in front of me, the boosts are there just as something to click to scout if the NPC will switch or not, sometimes it makes the job easier too. Gliscor is there for eletric immunity and is something that can keep the chain going just in case.

As for protect on Ninjask I don't think its necessary at all, I'd rather always use Sub first because if the NPC switch I get a free boost with Swords Dance, Ninjask will be faster most of the time anyways on turn 1.

yeah really solid team, I like it alot!

Have you considered minimize on drifblim btw? That would also provide some safety, though it seems it would slow you down lol. 

Any plans to do Hoenn and Unova with the team?

12 hours ago, Shuck said:

For those of you who still care, I just made a new team, this time focused more on physical attack and its a lot better, I didnt even need to use all of them most of the time.

Time: 21:21

@hihats I told you I was going to try a new team bro :D

Ninjask - Jolly/Bright Powder/252HP 252Spe/Leech Life, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Substitute

Scizor - Impish/Leftovers/252HP 252Def/Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Roost

Vaporeon - Bold/Leftovers/252HP 252Def/Scald, Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Wish

Drifblim - Calm/Leftovers/252HP 252Spdef/Shadow Ball, Amnesia, Baton Pass, Substitute

Gliscor - Impish/Leftovers/252HP 252Def/Earthquake, Agility, Baton Pass, Roost

Haxorus - Adamant/Dragon Fang/252Atk 252Spe/Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Super Power, Swords Dance

Sorry m8, 19 minutes is my record (couting all text talks, etc) kek

I dindt recorded, so cant proof,

nice team btw (I am building a similar one, must say it have troubles with choice scarf reckless staraptor)

Also, u got lucky about not using protect, there are tons of choice scarf users which can ohko ninjask and you cant predict it all the times.

The brighpowder strategie looks good tho

Edited by Risadex
28 minutes ago, Riesz said:

A friend of mine might be interested.

1 mil per region or have to do all 3 regions?

I guess there is no more rewards, the onwer gave a specific time to submit record and the guy from 2nd page won already I guess

2 minutes ago, Risadex said:

I guess there is no more rewards, the onwer gave a specific time to submit record and the guy from 2nd page won already I guess

I see, I might still check if he is up to record his best time, just for the record

On 6/19/2018 at 11:30 PM, Shuck said:

Since there's no need to make new posts, I will update this one everytime I lower my time.

New WR in 18:36

wow man GJ!

On 6/22/2018 at 12:33 PM, Riesz said:

I see, I might still check if he is up to record his best time, just for the record

Prize money ran out, however fame is importanter! lol. Give it a try, we still need some records for Unova and Hoenn region. Apparently Shuck is destroying Kanto. I am keeping the first post updated with the records. 

• 1 month later...

I want to do this because I get consistently under twenty when pausing to watch stuff in the background.  I think sub 15 might be possible.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the elite four level 100.  I've rematched it at least 10 times and it doesn't gain levels past 85- 90.  I'm on at least my tenth one.  Is it just a matter of rematching it more times?  10 more levels wouldn't change my clear speed but I just don't know how to get there.  Last time I battled I got $59400 and 1600 battles points.  Gyms are faster money so if I do this depends on how many times I have to battle the elite four to get lvl 100's.  Anyone know how many times it will take?

Edited by Aard
51 minutes ago, hihats said:

Well it is region dependant, and if i remember correctly after the 5th time you beat E4, they should always be lvl 100.

Hm, I know its been more than five.  I think mine might be glitched.  Anyway, if anyone wants to beat the elite 4 in faster than 18 minutes they should look into animation canceling and into a strategy that takes 6-9 turns per battle instead of wasting 6-9 turns just setting up baton pass chains.

One other thing to note is that the fastest strategy might end up costing more money than the elite 4 is worth.

Edited by Aard
2 hours ago, Aard said:

Anyway, if anyone wants to beat the elite 4 in faster than 18 minutes they should look into animation canceling and into a strategy that takes 6-9 turns per battle instead of wasting 6-9 turns just setting up baton pass chains.

Thats easier said than done, you cant straight up sweep a E4 lvl 100 team in 6-9 turns without boosts, impossible.

Yeah a fast strategy might cost you some resources, but the whole point of this thread was to beat the E4 the fastest way possible no matter the cost.

16 hours ago, Aard said:

10 more levels wouldn't change my clear speed

It definitely would.

Edited by Shuck
8 minutes ago, Shuck said:

Thats easier said than done, you cant straight up sweep a E4 lvl 100 team in 6-9 turns without boosts, impossible.

Yeah a fast strategy might cost you some resources, but the whole point of this thread was to beat the E4 the fastest way possible no matter the cost.

It definitely would.

Yeah, you can.  At least all the teams I saw in the video.  If there's one team specifically with 6 sturdy pokes then I agree it would take 16 turns.  That's the only example I can think of that would increase the time.  I' m not going to give up the strategy just yet because I'm hoping my elite four goes to lvl 100 soon and I can break the record. 

1 minute ago, Aard said:

Yeah, you can.  At least all the teams I saw in the video.  If there's one team specifically with 6 sturdy pokes then I agree it would take 16 turns.  That's the only example I can think of that would increase the time.  I' m not going to give up the strategy just yet because I'm hoping my elite four goes to lvl 100 soon and I can break the record. 

Whatever strategy you are using, you might be underestimating the difference between lvl 85-90 and lvl 100 teams.

If I'm not mistaken you need to complete all 3 regions including extra stuff like champion Steve to unlock lvl 100 E4, might be wrong though.

I hope you figure it out soon, I'm really interested to see your strategy.

1 hour ago, Shuck said:

Whatever strategy you are using, you might be underestimating the difference between lvl 85-90 and lvl 100 teams.

If I'm not mistaken you need to complete all 3 regions including extra stuff like champion Steve to unlock lvl 100 E4, might be wrong though.

I hope you figure it out soon, I'm really interested to see your strategy.

Do I have to finish the sevii islands?  I never did anything past unlocking the seven islands.  That's all I can think of that I haven't done.

EDIT:

Okay, it went up to 95 after I got he sapphire gem.  Strange that mattered.  Will post speedrun soon.

Edited by Aard