E4 Speedrun ($1,000,000 reward)

Speedruns are pretty popular in many games. The goal is to finish the game as fast as possible. There are lots of pokemon speed run videos on youtube.

In many MMO's, people do speed runs of elite areas, where beating the instance as fast as possible is great for the end loot and bragging rights.

I used to play Guild Wars 1, and a popular end game aspect was (and still is) to speed clear elite areas for the rewards. Tons of teamwork and cooperation is required to keep pushing those records.

What I hope with this thread is create such an environment where we can innovate together and find the most efficient/fun ways to beat E4.

So what I am proposing here is a 1,000,000$ reward to the first person who can beat any Elite 4 (kanto, hoenn, unova) in less than 35 minutes. I believe this is hard, but achievable.

My personal best is about 55 minutes. The best time I have seen is from @Crazyhell, 46 minutes for Unova E4.

Requirements:

-Lvl 100 elite 4

-Time <= 35 minutes

-Provide team build, moves, EV spreads, items, etc...

-a video should be used as proof, but...

-I just might accept a screenshot displaying the cooldown timer as proof

WE HAVE A WINNER. Congratulations Shuck!

Current records:

Kanto:  Aard - 16:29

Hoenn: ______

Unova: Crazyhell - 46 minutes

Previous records:

Kanto:

-Shuck - 18:36

-Shuck - 21:21 

-Shuck - 29:30

-mago1993 - 47minutes

Hoenn:

Unova:

Proof:

Spoiler

P.S. If some mods want to get involved I will mail you the reward money.

Edited by hihats
Kanto World record by Aard
7 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

35 mins is far to small a time. Its impossible! Even if you had perfect mons for every level cap and rng was on your side its impossible. Maybe with the original games its possible, as theres glitches and exploits that allow crazy completion times. But not here on pokemmo. 

Well I have had some fights against leaders last around 5-6 minutes. So 5 fights X 6 minutes is 30 minutes. Hence the challenge. I believe 35 mins should be possible, that is just 11 minutes less than the current record. What I noticed takes time is when i'm stalling out turns forcing switches for spikes damage. So yeah hyper offense would be a possible way to be fast.

2-3 years ago it would take me 20 minutes to beat the first round of E4 before the level caps.

Just realized you are maybe thinking about a speedrun for the whole game. What I meant is a speedrun of just the elite 4 instance once they have lvl 100 teams.

End of your event ?

24 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

35 mins is far to small a time. Its impossible! Even if you had perfect mons for every level cap and rng was on your side its impossible. Maybe with the original games its possible, as theres glitches and exploits that allow crazy completion times. But not here on pokemmo. 

let me proof 35min it's enough i think i can beat the E4 in 25min

Kanto should be much simpler since there are only 7 leaders and no crazy puzzles.

Unova has 11 leaders (12 if you do morimoto) with some puzzles that take a few minutes.

I like the idea but I think 35min across the board might need to be reworked ;)

26 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Kanto should be much simpler since there are only 7 leaders and no crazy puzzles.

Unova has 11 leaders (12 if you do morimoto) with some puzzles that take a few minutes.

I like the idea but I think 35min across the board might need to be reworked ;)

This is e4, not gyms :p

• 1 month later...

I did a couple tries and I gotta say its hard to get a consistent time in the E4 because of their team diversity and the RNG factor.

This is my best time and I'm done for now, made a few mistakes and misclicks but whatevs I wont get any luckier than this.

Time: 36:50(time ends after I get the "you won" message)

Sorry for the shitty quality, my recorder sucks.

Edited by Shuck

in the future i try with a same team but with any changes

vaporeon without scald, with protec... or change hydreigon for other poke. (togekiss, durant or gliscor with baton pass for example, its posible)

4 hours ago, Shuck said:

I did a couple tries and I gotta say its hard to get a consistent time in the E4 because of their team diversity and the RNG factor.

This is my best time and I'm done for now, made a few mistakes and misclicks but whatevs I wont get any luckier than this.

Time: 36:50(time ends after I get the "you won" message)

Sorry for the shitty quality, my recorder sucks.

3 hours ago, Archiver said:

@Shuck Can you post the IVs for your team? I'm interested in trying it out. And have you thought about doing it with a full Baton Pass team or would that not work?

The whole team has perfect IV's since they are/were my comps.

Vaporeon is Bold 252 HP 252 Def

Espeon is Timid 252 HP 252 Spe

Hydreigon is Modest 252 Spa 252 Spe

Gyarados is Jolly 252 Atk 252 Spe

Volcarona is Timid 252 Spa 252 Spe

Jolteon is Timid 252 Spa 252 Spe

This team is FAR from being optimal, so a full BP team should be faster and easier but not by much since you still need good match ups and not get crit while doing your chain.

Edited by Shuck

@Shuck

I was planning on using a similar team using Ninjask, Vaporeon, Togekiss, Gliscor and Espeon.

I want to use Reflect and Light Screen on Togekiss for more damage reduction and try to get more Nasty Plot boosts behind it. Ninjask is a guaranteed +2 speed boost and with enough EVs on speed for Vaporeon all of them can outspeed a 252EV, 31IV, Timid Jolteon which is pretty much the fastest thing the E4 has; +4 speed is needed if Jolteon is using a Choice Scarf which is done by using Agility on Gliscor since it can pretty much take anything Jolteon throws at it (except HP ice if it runs it).

Also I noticed your Espeon isn't using Stored Power. Why not? With enough boosts it can pretty much OHKO anything.

Unfortunately this is still in the building stage since I still need to breed those pokemons so they have 4x31 at least.

If you have the Pokemons and want to try it here's the text stuff to import on Pokemon Showdown:

Spoiler

Ninjask @ Leftovers 
Ability: Speed Boost 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe 
Impish Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA 
- Baton Pass 
- Substitute 
- Protect 
- Swords Dance 

Togekiss @ Light Clay 
Ability: Serene Grace 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe 
Calm Nature 
- Baton Pass 
- Reflect 
- Light Screen 
- Nasty Plot 

Vaporeon @ Leftovers 
Ability: Water Absorb 
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 128 Spe 
Bold Nature 
- Baton Pass 
- Substitute 
- Acid Armor 
- Aqua Ring 

Gliscor @ Leftovers 
Ability: Sand Veil 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD 
Calm Nature 
- Baton Pass 
- Substitute 
- Protect 
- Agility 

Espeon @ Leftovers 
Ability: Synchronize 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD 
Bold Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Baton Pass 
- Calm Mind 
- Stored Power 
- Hidden Power [Fighting] 

Edited by Archiver

@Archiver Yea I forgot about Stored Power, my Espeon wasnt a baton passer and I didnt  breed any mon specifically for the E4 or else I would be using Modest volcarona, Calm Togekiss etc...

The team looks good, GL on the team build and future runs.