Breedable gifts

IDKPRO

Question

This can make tournament prize more attractive since we wouldn't want to breed those shit 6x15 story mons.. 

So breedable gifts will be good for tournament prize. 

Making progress 

10 answers to this question

I don’t buy the whole thing about breedable gifts “breaking the economy”. They’re gifts - they’re not tradable, and breeding them would be bringing more of the same onto the “market” (again, it’s not tradable so I use that term loosely) at the same rate that they’re being depleted; and the changes made to the gift would solely affect the owner and nobody else. How does that affect the economy in any way, let alone “break” it?

If anything the only thing affecting the economy is the mod’s decision to bring the shiny onto the market in the first place. 

Feel free to elaborate if I’m misunderstanding.  

21 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Funny, because your idea does exactly that.

Edited by Zymogen
6 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

How does that affect the economy in any way, let alone “break” it?

You have an influx of potential breeders, and while they can't be traded, their offspring can be. This introduces a lot of high tier breeders and even comps, devaluing what's already on the market.

"break" was bad word choice on my end, but there's still a negative impact, which is what I'm trying to get across.

53 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

You have an influx of potential breeders, and while they can't be traded, their offspring can be. This introduces a lot of high tier breeders and even comps, devaluing what's already on the market.

"break" was bad word choice on my end, but there's still a negative impact, which is what I'm trying to get across.

By “high tier” you mean breeders that started off as 6x15 and have still required the same level of investment as any other wild catches in order to bring them up to a viable standard? If they’re female, the offspring would be a gift, if it’s male, then the breeder would be consumed in the process  

2 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

By “high tier” you mean breeders that started off as 6x15 and have still required the same level of investment as any other wild catches in order to bring them up to a viable standard?

No, I mean the tournament prizes that are guaranteed to have at least two perfect IVs, specifically shinies.

10 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

No, I mean the tournament prizes that are guaranteed to have at least two perfect IVs, specifically shinies.

LF hidden ability in the future we bust our ass winning those tournaments

14 hours ago, Kepler1 said:

Could you solve this by making offspring untradeable?

Not exactly.

It half-solves the issue by disallowing the offspring to be available on the market, but it still means that gifts (and the value tied to them) can be transferred from one species to another, meaning you could effectively bypass the need catch or trade 'mons with other players and use those to breed with instead.

The intention of Gifts as a whole is that this value is not meant to be transferrable in any way. (That is not to say that Gifts do not have some impact on the value of non-gifts on some level anyway).

It is also not particularly user-friendly, and might confuse some.

I think that the desire to increase the IVs of Tournament Prizes can be tackled in other ways, but as this is not a discussion we have held in full, I will not divulge such details here.