Best way to catch Pupitar?

Just now, Vallial said:

Whats the best way to catch Pupitar in Unova? Please state the Pokemon and moves needed please and would it be better to farm Larvitars at Seven Island instead? 

Anything with false swipe is fine, you can take something that can put it to sleep, so basically, smeargle / parasect, whatever suits you. Marowak can be option too.

Personally I prefer larvitars because they're lower level, damage that they could do is limited. Pupitar has nice other pokemon in area tho, so its really your choice if you want better chance for low damage, or nice pokemons in unova.

2 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Anything with false swipe is fine, you can take something that can put it to sleep, so basically, smeargle / parasect, whatever suits you. Marowak can be option too.

Personally I prefer larvitars because they're lower level, damage that they could do is limited. Pupitar has nice other pokemon in area tho, so its really your choice if you want better chance for low damage, or nice pokemons in unova.

Only problem i have with pupitar is that its resistant to normal type attacks (false swipe) and has an ability which awakens it from sleep hence the thread to perhaps get some tips and tricks. Larvitar encounter rate has been awful for me as well which is why I'm asking about pupitars :(

Thanks though for your reply!

14 minutes ago, Acarus said:

you can always carry a pkm with swarm or illuminate to increase the encounter rate 

I'm using a trapinch atm which increases encounters by 10%, does illuminate or swarm increase more?

10 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Larvitar is lower lvl so with false swiper you can bring it to low health without problems, plus Larv has guts, so u can put it to sleep. 

I guess Larvitar is the way to go eh, thanks again!

2 hours ago, Vallial said:

Only problem i have with pupitar is that its resistant to normal type attacks (false swipe) and has an ability which awakens it from sleep hence the thread to perhaps get some tips and tricks.

heracross lv 100 with false swipe can do this job ~ plus he have swarm ability ~ works really nice.