PokeMMO VGC #2

Moar? You bet.

Details 

VGC style rules | Tournament Mode | 4v4 Double Battle, 6 registered Pokemon | Best of 3  | Unlimited players  | Swiss rounds, number of rounds based on participation

This tournament is played with rules that are made to follow the ruleset of VGC, the official Pokemon competitive format.

• Before the tournament starts, all the players must have submitted their team information to the host (nature, ability, held Item, each stat point, moves and gender of each Pokemon). The players may only use this team throughout the whole tournament. Nothing in your team may be changed for the duration of the tournament. Failing to follow this rule will result in a disqualification.
  • The battle is done in 4v4 Double Battle, best of 3 matches, where the four Pokemon used in each battle must be from the 6 Pokemon you registered to the tournament with.
  • This tournament has completely different rules to MMO standards. In VGC OHKO moves, Evasion moves, Hax items are allowed and they will be allowed in this tournament as well. In addition, there is no Sleep Clause.
  • There is Item clause, however, which means you may use only 1 hold item once in your team. If you consume a consumable item in a game you should put the same item for that Pokemon for the next game(s), for example a berry or a gem. However, in case you do not have any of that same consumable item left in your bag and therefor cannot put it on your Pokemon you will not be disqualified and your item slot must be empty. (In VGC you do not have to replace any items from your bag between rounds but because PokeMMO works differently, that's why this rule exception is in place. Please do not use this for advantage, for example, higher power surprise Acrobatics or something)
  • This tournament will be played in Swiss format, the amount of rounds will be based on the participation. The top 4 will qualify to single elimination.
  • PLEASE submit your team properly in advance (preferably 30 mins before the tournament) so I can give an okay and we can begin the tournament on time.

If there's any question, do not hesitate to ask. Please point out anything that you feel like is missing or contradicts with the Video Game Championship format.

Date & Time

Saturday 21st April | 3pm BST  -  2pm UTC - 10 am EDT

Registration

Starts now. In order for registration to be valid their team has to be informed to the host, which in this case is me. The following information has to be informed about all of your Pokemon: Nature, Ability, Held Item, each stat point, moves, gender. Without these information about your team you're not allowed to join this tournament, as this information is needed to make sure each player will not change their team during the tournament. This information can be provided via in-game mail or forum PM.

Clauses

Unique Species / Self-KO / Item

First Place Prize

1,250,000 Pokeyen

+

3 Xmas presents

Second Place Prize

500,000 PokeYen

Third place prize

250,000 PokeYen

Donations:

500k + 3 Xmas Presents by me

500k by itsSara

500k by Zigh

250k by yosoyarca

250k by MaatthewMLG

more donations are welcome

Edited by OrangeManiac

Hey everyone, I just wanna remind you this is happening today in about 6 hours. Over 2 million prize pool for one event, you don't wanna miss it. Please submit your team information to me in forum PM or in-game mail preferably 30 minutes before the tournament starts. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Due to only 4 participants, I decided to return all the donations that wasn't mine. However, we did host a small tournament of 4 players. Congratulations to Rendiz for winning and cashing 500k from this super mega deep bracket

Even though the first VGC event was fun, it was already lacking players to my taste. However, due to absolute lack of players in the second one I have decided to put these on hiatus until I have confirmation of further interest in this tournament series. I absolutely do not mind hosting these at all but I prefer to save my own donations to something "bigger", such as the upcoming PokeMMO Global Association tournament that is on its way. Thank you all for such notable donations to try to make this a thing but unfortunately the player amount was lacking. I know this was partly due to non-optimal time and I hosted it during this time of day so these wouldn't overlap with officials. Despite that, this is just not enough people.