Mewtwo's Elite Championships - Invitationals

Here you may find the date & time for each of the Mewtwo's Elite Championships' invitationals

Main thread

• Players who come in first and second in the Invitational tournaments will win a guaranteed invite to the Finals, and both third place winners will be awarded a reserve invite.
    • Reserve ticket holders will battle in the ninth week to decide the order of the reserves.
  • The Invitational tournaments' format will be 64-man - Single Elimination - OU - 6v6.
  • The Series Finals and Reserves Tournament will be 16-man - Double Elimination - OU - 6v6.
  • Players who already have an invite are not allowed to participate in the subsequent invitationals.
    • This does not include RESERVE invite holders.

First Place Prize

IcXZIf3.png

Finals Invite

650,000 Pokeyen OR 650 Reward Points

Second Place Prize

IcXZIf3.png

Finals Invite

350,000 Pokeyen OR 350 Reward Points

Third Place Prize

pPIk8m5.png

Reserves Tournament Invite

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

Invitational #1:

64-man - Single Elimination - OU - 6v6

April 15th

4pm EDT | 8pm UTC 9pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: geniculata & enchanteur

Reserves Invite: gbwead & DoubleJ

Invitational #2:

April 21st

1pm EDT | 5pm UTC 6pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: Zbleeex & MIhawk

Reserves Invite: LifeStyle & Dunkirk

Invitational #3:

April 29th

8am EDT | 12pm UTC 1pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: YUBELLLLLLLLLLL & ainhoajL

Reserves Invite: LKrenz & DarkQuiler

Invitational #4:

May 5th

8am EDT | 12pm UTC 1pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: gbwead & ZhikoDark

Reserves Invite: MadaraSixSix & quixinchoi

Invitational #5:

May 13th

12pm EDT | 4pm UTC 5pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: MaatthewMLG   & LeviaTaNzft 

Reserves Invite: BOYKADD & MadaraSixSix

Invitational #6:

May 19th 

12pm EDT | 4pm UTC 5pm BST 

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: DoubleJ  & EpicVerde 

Reserves Invite: MaKx & Mirfos

Invitational #7:

May 27th

5pm EDT | 9pm UTC 10pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: LKrenz  & ZDFire

Reserves Invite: Saenerys & Lazaaro

Invitational #8:

June 2nd

5pm EDT | 9pm UTC 10pm BST

Time Conversion

Spoiler

Finals Invite: valanar  & Aleso

Reserves Invite: SejuaniSupport & MadaraSixSix

rEUpEPr.gif

by ShinyGoku

• Perry featured this topic
6 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

shouldn't this be announced somewhere? Like, right after the tournament? By the host, @Perreh?

Yes, I am about to add a post here and add them to the Hall of Fame. We also have signatures that the winners will be able to use on the forums. I was very busy today and didn't get around to do it (yet). 

6 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

At least pretend to give a fuck about what is supposed to be the biggest competitive official event of the year

You have no idea what you're talking about, so please don't go there. 

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

it's just a massive slap in the face to someone who used to watch this game's competitive scene flourishing, and the immense hype surrounding invitationals. The first event in the first invitational of 2018, and no bracket was posted, not a single build up post for hype (other than a quaint little announcement like 30 min before) and then it took the prompting of community members to even announce who won (and the host didn't even post it).

To be fair though, it's my fault for expecting OFFICIAL EVENTS to be treated with the same enthusiasm as unofficial ones. Please, carry on

• Bracket links are now found in-game - they aren't often posted on the forums because of that. If it is such a big deal to be able to (also) find the link to the bracket on the forum event page I will be sure to include it in the next post, which will be better and earlier than a "quaint little announcement like 30 min before" as you described it. 
  • I shouldn't need to announce the start of the event in-game as the system does it automatically.
  • Tournament hosts don't even need to be present when automated tournaments are taking place, yet I was in-game for most of the duration of this invitational but fell asleep since I had just come from a 14-hour drive from another country - my deepest apologies for not posting the winners, though. And I haven't posted them yet because I had classes the whole day and just got some time to finally sit down and catch up with what's going on here. 
5 minutes ago, Perreh said:
  • Bracket links are now found in-game - they aren't often posted on the forums because of that. If it is such a big deal to be able to (also) find the link to the bracket on the forum event page I will be sure to include it in the next post, which will be better and earlier than a "quaint little announcement like 30 min before" as you described it. 
  • I shouldn't need to announce the start of the event in-game as the system does it automatically.
  • Tournament hosts don't even need to be present when automated tournaments are taking place, yet I was in-game for most of the duration of this invitational but fell asleep since I had just come from a 14-hour drive from another country - my deepest apologies for not posting the winners, though. And I haven't posted them yet because I had classes the whole day and just got some time to finally sit down and catch up with what's going on here. 

Let me ask you something, this is a 100% serious question that literally only requires a yes or no answer. Think about it carefully.

Do you want people to be excited about this invitational?

E: @Perreh I don't mean to single you out. Hate to say it but my boy @KaynineXL has some explaining to do, too. Can we maybe pump this thing up a little, since its literally the only thing going on in this entire game right now?

Edited by Gunthug
1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

Let me ask you something, this is a 100% serious question that literally only requires a yes or no answer. Think about it carefully.

Do you want people to be excited about this invitational?

Yes, we all do.

Our options are limited, though - in regards to prizes and other technicalities. I understand yesterday I might not have been in the spirit that both you and I would prefer but (as I have explained), it was a really rough day and I still tried to do my best. 

You were way out of line, though, coming in here saying I don't give a fuck after the hard work both me, Kaynine, and the events' coordination have put into this. 

6 minutes ago, Perreh said:

You were way out of line, though, coming in here saying I don't give a fuck after the hard work both me, Kaynine, and the events' coordination have put into this. 

You are right, I apologize. I think we both want what's best for the pvp community, and that includes making these tournaments and invitationals worth competing in and training for

On 22/04/2018 at 11:06 PM, Dunkirk said:

Unfortunately, I was not able to compete in the semifinals because of my misunderstanding about gm and my mistake. But now I'm fine.

They immediately let me go. Misunderstanding

Regardless, you have been given an invite to the Reserves tournament and you can still compete in the next Invitationals to win an invite to the finals.