Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jerryzoo

PokeMMO for Android, share your thoughts/questions.

Recommended Posts

Since this happens in lots of games I'm curious. Is there gonna be any limited item for beta testers? (From a vanity, to a secret base decoration, etc)

Ofc isnt necessary, but would feel rewarding to the players that will send feedback after playing the beta

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Zigh said:

Since this happens in lots of games I'm curious. Is there gonna be any limited item for beta testers? (From a vanity, to a secret base decoration, etc)

Ofc isnt necessary, but would feel rewarding to the players that will send feedback after playing the beta

Bribes lol

Share this post


Link to post

Ugghh here we go again with the horrible philosophies....

 

Dude @Kyu bro, just i have to point out the obvious once again?  @redspawn you fought the fight well bro. 

 

Hidden Abilities: Locking them behind some weird grind that's not even accessible until after a storyline is absurd.  There's like a million reasons why,  here's some:

* Makes it 100% harder for n00bs to git gud, doesn't matter if you go hidden ability pill route or the dungeon route,  it makes it just that much harder for n00bs to be able to actually play pvp when they're already competing with veteran esports masters, if you really cared about making shit accessible you'd simply add HAs as a third ability available anywhere

* Rebreeding just to stay relevant is toxic content,  puts a bad taste in literally everyone's mouth

* People will already NEVER run out of new shit to breed, there's no "oh every Mon is bred, game is dead now" not only do people quit, they also try new sets, and new tiers,  for 1 player to have every Mon In every tier with every set is not only ridiculous,  it's impossible. Not to mention,  after you get done dropping millions and 12 hours of your precious time on ONE Mon,  it could still be a piece of shit,  or you might simply not be good enough to even use it right

* People have been VERY adamant about not liking this philosophy,  by going through with this plan you're basically saying "oh yeah I read your comments m8, I completely disregarded them too lololol" you should be trying to please us, not making us quit left and right "for the grind longevity"

 

inb4 12 people tell me to quit because I dislike some of the recent decisions being made. No I'm not quitting, I joined almost 6 years ago,  every post I've ever made on these boards offering my honest advice (as a game dev myself I might add) has been out of LOVE for this game.   I've seen it go from a thriving MMO to one with 4 matchmaking matches all with the same players over and over and that's so sad to see. 

 

People play MMOs because there long term time investments actually mean something.  Literally the last 3 updates have done nothing but shit on your long term players and the game has never been so dead.  Learn from your mistakes.  Move forward with some respect for the players.  Add actual MMO features ffs.

 

That is all.  

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Xatu said:

Inb4 12 people tell me to quit because I dislike some of the recent decisions being made. No I'm not quitting, I joined almost 6 years ago,  every post I've ever made on these boards offering my honest advice (as a game dev myself I might add) has been out of LOVE for this game.   I've seen it go from a thriving MMO to one with 4 matchmaking matches all with the same players over and over and that's so sad to see. 

 

People play MMOs because there long term time investments actually mean something.  Literally the last 3 updates have done nothing but shit on your long term players and the game has never been so dead.  Learn from your mistakes.  Move forward with some respect for the players.  Add actual MMO features ffs.

I got annoyed by this part, mainly because of the fact how wrong you are but you won't admit to that no matter how many people say you are.

 

The game hasn't been this active since forever really, in weekends pretty much all day the servers are at high and it generally feels more alive in game. The game isn't necessarily dying, just the older players are quitting which makes it feel like it is (Which is inevitable really). However I do not think the developers have necessarily 'shat' on the long term players. The previous updates were moreso changes for the future of the game and will most likely make more sense once everything has been added. The game will no longer be just PvP and shiny hunting as end game, from what Darkshade/Kyu etc. has said on forums is that dungeons are actually gonna be high end PvE content. This game will most likely be less enjoyable for the competitive players as they will most likely be semi forced to do PvE stuff to get everything(this is my guess, don't take my word for it as I know as much as anyone else) thus 'shitting on them'.

 

Also idk what you mean with 'add actual MMO features' when they've been literally talking about adding dungeons, which are the most staple feature is pretty much every MMO. From what they have said is that the security update delayed everything as they find security more important than content. And if you ask me that is pretty much respecting the players.

 

Some people dislike change, some do. I personally feel that this game is headed in the right direction, it just needs some time before it reached what it is meant to be.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

I got annoyed by this part, mainly because of the fact how wrong you are but you won't admit to that no matter how many people say you are.

Classic hivemind mentality

 

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

The game hasn't been this active since forever really, in weekends pretty much all day the servers are at high and it generally feels more alive in game. The game isn't necessarily dying, just the older players are quitting which makes it feel like it is (Which is inevitable really).

New players ain't shit to the old players.  New players almost always quit after the storyline, and will certainly quit once they manage the 100 hours it takes to make a team and that still doesn't make them good at battling. 

 

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

However I do not think the developers have necessarily 'shat' on the long term players. The previous updates were moreso changes for the future of the game and will most likely make more sense once everything has been added.

What about fucking the ditto market, the lucky egg market,  already forcing us to rebreed because of new egg moves as well as refusing to ban anything,  is good to you? And that's just scratching the surface

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

The game will no longer be just PvP and shiny hunting as end game,

Uh yeah it will,  the whole point to the dungeons is to get chimps to, wait for it... play more comp 

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

from what Darkshade/Kyu etc. has said on forums is that dungeons are actually gonna be high end PvE content.

High end eh? Because we can totally link up 100 players to raid a boss right? You realize they are probably just gonna be a rehashed winter event right?

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

This game will most likely be less enjoyable for the competitive players as they will most likely be semi forced to do PvE stuff to get everything(this is my guess, don't take my word for it as I know as much as anyone else) thus 'shitting on them'.

Great so let's shit on the only players who will be sticking around? Gr8 10/10 suggestion that is

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

 

Also idk what you mean with 'add actual MMO features' when they've been literally talking about adding dungeons, which are the most staple feature is pretty much every MMO. 

Yeah dude MMO features like pvp staking and open wilderness, those 2 features alone could carry this game into space

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

 

Some people dislike change, some do. I personally feel that this game is headed in the right direction, it just needs some time before it reached what it is meant to be.

I love change, I ask for change more than anyone else.  Just not half baked, fake content drip fed new abilities over the course of 5 years,  barred behind overly difficult and boring dungeons  LITERALLY DESIGNED TO WASTE YOUR TIME while excluding new players even more making them that much more likely to quit  after the storyline like they were going to anyway

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Oh just for good measure: go quit the game

Oh so mature m8 I r8 this b8 8/8 I believe it is your f8 to be so gr8 I can't w8 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Xatu said:

 

I thought that I was clear in the first post that I'm on the fence about it, but incase you missed it, the "Maybe" that I prepended my concerns / motivations with means that it's not certain whether we'll go down this path. Since I guess you're having trouble reading, "whether it's 'necessary' is up for debate, since there are a few unknowns for future content (e.g. Gen6+ data being implemented)" means that my opinions will change based on whether I believe we have a reasonable shot at implementing content in other ways.

 

I'm not sure where the rudeness is coming from, but please stop with that. Thanks! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post

The version for android is not a bad idea, in fact it is something that many expect, it is true that they do not only think of old players, (I have been playing since 2013) there are many things that could have priority, but it is a free game, you have to accept their decisions fiercely, what is obvious is that the game is "dying" even more in PVP, they are always the same PJ, the new ones get bored and forget their accounts, they do not even bother to finish the 3 regions, although KYU emphasized that HA pills "may be a matter of debate", maybe they do it that way, and not necessarily go to a dungeon, since not everyone enjoys the idea, but the game is designed for many, not for the taste of a single person, it is better to wait and see what happens. 

 

Spoiler

google translate stinks :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Walerito said:

The version for android is not a bad idea, in fact it is something that many expect, it is true that they do not only think of old players, (I have been playing since 2013) there are many things that could have priority, but it is a free game, you have to accept their decisions fiercely, what is obvious is that the game is "dying" even more in PVP, they are always the same PJ, the new ones get bored and forget their accounts, they do not even bother to finish the 3 regions, although KYU emphasized that HA pills "may be a matter of debate", maybe they do it that way, and not necessarily go to a dungeon, since not everyone enjoys the idea, but the game is designed for many, not for the taste of a single person, it is better to wait and see what happens. 

 

  Hide contents

google translate stinks :P

 

Actually, I'm pretty sure, the game has been a lot more active lately than last year. You see a lot of new faces daily both ingame and on discord. Also on weekends, and even during the week, the server goes to 'High' population.
 

Edited by redspawn
typos

Share this post


Link to post

I stopped to play last year I think, I really enjoyed the game, but I wanted to play other games on my computer. When I have free times and I don't have my PC with me, I play a lot on my smartphone with a gamepad (HID Controls). For sure with the android version of Pokemmo I will play return and with the third region this will be awesome. I already spread the news about the android version to some friends and they are very interested to try it. 

Share this post


Link to post

For the android version I'd love to see how the controls would work.

Maybe touch to move. Hmm I'd really enjoy if it were somehow possible to add an option to move with an arrow like keys. Like if it were really on a gameboy lol.

 

Still so much HYPE.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Xatu said:

1) Makes it 100% harder for n00bs to git gud, doesn't matter if you go hidden ability pill route or the dungeon route,  it makes it just that much harder for n00bs to be able to actually play pvp when they're already competing with veteran esports masters, if you really cared about making shit accessible you'd simply add HAs as a third ability available anywhere

 

2) Rebreeding just to stay relevant is toxic content,  puts a bad taste in literally everyone's mouth

 

3) People will already NEVER run out of new shit to breed, there's no "oh every Mon is bred, game is dead now" not only do people quit, they also try new sets, and new tiers,  for 1 player to have every Mon In every tier with every set is not only ridiculous,  it's impossible. Not to mention,  after you get done dropping millions and 12 hours of your precious time on ONE Mon,  it could still be a piece of shit,  or you might simply not be good enough to even use it right

 

4) People have been VERY adamant about not liking this philosophy,  by going through with this plan you're basically saying "oh yeah I read your comments m8, I completely disregarded them too lololol" you should be trying to please us, not making us quit left and right "for the grind longevity"

 

5) People play MMOs because there long term time investments actually mean something.  Literally the last 3 updates have done nothing but shit on your long term players and the game has never been so dead.  Learn from your mistakes.  Move forward with some respect for the players.  Add actual MMO features ffs.

1) If a "Noob" does not have a certain pokemon and set, I do not see what the difference would be between them going to catch it in a dungeon vs. going to catch it in another location to get the right ability, I admit it is minorly less convenient than getting a regular ability poke, but it's not going to be hard to purchase a poke with its HA off GTL like you do now.

2) Rebreeding does not exist "Just to stay relevant", it is the primary money sink in the game that helps prevent inflation, it is what value is tied to and by that I mean if we have hidden abilities added and simply tied to Ability Pills then a pokemon with a HA and a pokemon with no HA will be the same value, and a lower value due to the supply being higher for both.
It does, on top of this, help giving you future projects to do even if you have no current pokemon you have an interest for.
I genuinely see the complaint that you have to rebreed a pokemon with it's hidden ability akin to complaining you have to breed a garchomp from scratch when it is added and can't just "Ability pill" a garchomp into existence. they fill virtually the same role in terms of longevity. 

3) It's incredibly unlikely that a person would have literally every pokemon in the game, you're correct, however most players aren't interested in 90% of the game's pokemon, however there's a high chance they'd be interested in a specific HA version of a pokemon, so in the case where they never made the original pokemon as they had no interest then it isn't rebreeding but at the same time is an example of how it can add longevity as it can add interest in a pokemon that you had no interest in before.

4) "people" please remember that minorities often have the loudest voice, i'd imagine a very large part of the player base doesn't particularly mind this philosophy however the people who do mind ofc are going to make the most comments on the forums. keep this in mind before just assuming that most of the playerbase is in agreement either way on this debate.
Also, You know that sometimes what the players want in the short term is bad for the game long-term right? you can be snarky and insulting with your impersonation of the response all you want, but it's incredibly likely that they did consider this and decided after careful consideration that it is probably not a good idea. Also no one is forcing you to make these HA pokemon, you do what you want because you want it enough, clearly you want the HA pokemon if you are willing to write essays and circlejerk about it on the forums (at least i'd hope) so why are you so opposed to investing some of your money / time in game, which it wouldn't even take that much more than a normal pokemon, to make a new HA poke? It's such a minor lazy issue I can't personally empathize with your complaints.

5) I dunno what you're talking about that shit on long term players, also lmao the game has never been so dead, Unova brought a lot of players back and a lot of them are still waiting in the wings, as soon as dungeons are added they'll come back again, times after updates will be a spike in players followed by a gradual decline till next update.
If you're referring to the genderless pokemon breeding change as shitting on old players I will agree it crashed a market, but the market was founded on the fact it was just asinine to breed your own pokemon for, and is a very similar kind of change you are asking for which is quality of life because of something that makes it difficult to breed a pokemon in terms of time and money, except genderless pokes were far FAR harder than this and definitely warranted the change (Unlike HA pokes imo) 

Share this post


Link to post

When can we opt for the closed beta? How do we know if it can be used? you said a date of the open beta but not of the closed beta (google translator)

Edited by TianCR

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TianCR said:

When can we opt for the closed beta? How do we know if it can be used? you said a date of the open beta but not of the closed beta (google translator)

Have you donated? If yes, then be patient, they will contact you as soon as its ready. No ones gonna give you a date no matter how much you want one. 

 

If you haven't donated then you wont be getting an invite to the party Cinderella. No prince charming for you :p

Edited by sephiroth1977

Share this post


Link to post

I donated in 2 previous accounts, one was forbidden, another was stolen, but I do not remember having donated in this, although I think that if, anyway, I have the biggest PokeMMO YouTube channel in Spanish, I hope you do not leave me out of that beta.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Walerito said:

I donated in 2 previous accounts, one was forbidden, another was stolen, but I do not remember having donated in this, although I think that if, anyway, I have the biggest PokeMMO YouTube channel in Spanish, I hope you do not leave me out of that beta.

Depends if being a part of beta tests is more important for you(or your channel) than those few $ you would spend on donation.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Walerito said:

Doné en 2 cuentas anteriores, una fue prohibida, otra fue robada, pero no recuerdo haber donado en esto, aunque creo que si, de todos modos, tengo el mayor canal de YouTube de PokeMMO, espero que no me dejes fuera de esa beta.

 

Te dejarán fuera en caso de que no hayas donado, al menos hasta la beta pública, se dijo que aquellos que tenían alguna donación tendría la beta cerrada, no se dijo nada acerca de tener un canal de Youtube o no (ni siendo tu famoso y gran canal de PokeMMO)

Share this post


Link to post

Day in and Day out i can't wait much longer. The anticipation is killing me. We are nearing LATE April soon and perhaps we'll hear some good news

 

Just imagine i could be logged in right now as i type this. 

 

I would be Rekting in pvp, sniping gtl, laughing on team chat and watching everyone afk at vermil. What more could we ask for?

This is literally bigger than any new region releases. (Imo)

 

 

 

Wondering if there will be an icon of some sort, to show whos on Android and who is on the computer.

Edited by jerryzoo
I didn't even mention breeding or berries or etc

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.