PokeMMO for Android, share your thoughts/questions.

18 hours ago, Kyu said:

I would recommend waiting for the minimum specifications to be posted before going out to buy anything. We don't want you to buy into a beta for a device which potentially won't run the game well

We should have a better idea of the system requirements within the next week or two and we'll publish them then. For now, I think @Desu's Samsung Galaxy Note 2, a flagship phone from 2012 with 2GB RAM, was pulling 40-50FPS in Unova @ 720p.

Ty man :3

On 05/04/2018 at 2:06 AM, Kyu said:

It is a possibility, but we do not think it's worth the time. Because it 100% requires a jailbroken device in order to function, we do not think there is much of a playerbase for it

I'm super happy this is finally happening, but I am curious will this be the core focus of development for quite a while now or will we still be getting progression of adding more abilities, move functionality, battle items and eventually dungeons? or are they on hiatus until Android version is polished up for the most part.

4 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I'm super happy this is finally happening, but I am curious will this be the core focus of development for quite a while now or will we still be getting progression of adding more abilities, move functionality, battle items and eventually dungeons? or are they on hiatus until Android version is polished up for the most part.

It will be a focus, but not so all-encompassing that nothing else is being done. The majority of our problems at this point are UI and IPv6 networking (which we're going to kick the can on for a while because it's a pain). The major issues, i.e. engine optimizations / build system changes have been mostly resolved over February/March.

Skills/Abilities/Items are still being worked on, but they are a lower priority than Android fixes at the moment (these are almost entirely handled by @Desu). There are around 20 in the queue for release as-of this post (mostly skills)

Dungeons are something which are currently in design stages, and are actively being worked on by other people. We're currently finalizing the art style and map design of the first "dungeon" area, afterwards storyboarding for the storyline, then implementation/testing

9 minutes ago, Kyu said:

It will be a focus, but not so all-encompassing that nothing else is being done. The majority of our problems at this point are UI and IPv6 networking (which we're going to kick the can on for a while because it's a pain). The major issues, i.e. engine optimizations / build system changes have been mostly resolved over February/March.

Skills/Abilities/Items are still being worked on, but they are a lower priority than Android fixes at the moment (these are almost entirely handled by @Desu). There are around 20 in the queue for release as-of this post (mostly skills)

Dungeons are something which are currently in design stages, and are actively being worked on by other people. We're currently finalizing the art style and map design of the first "dungeon" area, afterwards storyboarding for the storyline, then implementation/testing

Thank you for communicating so clearly.

however what do you mean "Mostly Skills", is that referring to Moves or Abilities I can't quite tell.

Realized you meant Moves since you mentioned Abilities separately before, thanks again for answering.

Edited by Matoka
5 hours ago, Kyu said:

Are you guys releasing all the dungeon areas at the same time or is it going to be a limited time changing from one dungeon to another?

13 hours ago, Takens said:

Are you guys releasing all the dungeon areas at the same time or is it going to be a limited time changing from one dungeon to another?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. They're permanent pieces of content, like regions, though.

7 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Does "donating" include just buying some points, or actually buying donator status?

The former. If you've purchased any amount of RP, you'll have access to it.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

The latter, then

Also, any chance you guys could reconsider having to breed in order to get the HA on pokemon? Not only this is going to ruin a plendora of gift shinies, it will also ruin every shiny comp, and once again, hurt the economy for those who rebreed their comps.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

The latter, then

Will dungeons be accesible regardless of which region you are in, e.g. if you have only completed Kanto is there a chance of a dungeon being released that requires you to have done the entire story in either Hoenn / Unova to access? or will they be accessible regardless of which region(s) you've finished entirely, e.g. by a boat or something

9 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Also, any chance you guys could reconsider having to breed in order to get the HA on pokemon? Not only this is going to ruin a plendora of gift shinies, it will also ruin every shiny comp, and once again, hurt the economy for those who rebreed their comps.

Maybe. It depends on whether the target of the feature is to be a direct upgrade path for existing species, or an entirely new class of species. The initial proposal called for the latter because it adds more longevity to the game by forcing people to rebreed in order to keep the economy from stagnating in 3 years, but whether it's "necessary" is up for debate, since there are a few unknowns for future content (e.g. Gen6+ data being implemented)

Sorry I don't have a better answer atm

7 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Will dungeons be accesible regardless of which region you are in, e.g. if you have only completed Kanto is there a chance of a dungeon being released that requires you to have done the entire story in either Hoenn / Unova to access? or will they be accessible regardless of which region(s) you've finished entirely, e.g. by a boat or something

No, they're going to be locked behind storyline goals, i.e. there will be "Kanto/Hoenn/Unova" dungeons which correspond to their respective legendaries, and are accessible after the storyline is complete for the target region. They will probably be targeted entirely as end-game PvE for now

1 minute ago, Kyu said:

t whether it's "necessary" is up for debate

Thing is, you guys already provide little to no way for a beginner to proper farm, and be able to freely breed and rebreed their comps who will then need HA for example, you'll ruin a plendora of people who wasted lets say 20m+ per shiny breeding and a lot of gift comp shinies will become meh, usable but not exactly great compared to the HA version. Wouldn't applying a tax per entrance on the dungeon, help with the economy aswell, and providing a HA pill untradable as a sort of drop/reward be something more viable between you guys wanting to make the economy less stall, and us players who don't lose our comps/shinies?

Also, may I ask, do the dungeons have to do with the reason black city is off limits for now?

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

Thing is, you guys already provide little to no way for a beginner to proper farm, and be able to freely breed and rebreed their comps who will then need HA for example, you'll ruin a plendora of people who wasted lets say 20m+ per shiny breeding and a lot of gift comp shinies will become meh, usable but not exactly great compared to the HA version.

The topic of money is an entirely different conversation for a different day, imo. I honestly don't really care about shinies in this context either.

Wouldn't applying a tax per entrance on the dungeon, help with the economy aswell, and providing a HA pill untradable as a sort of drop/reward be something more viable between you guys wanting to make the economy less stall, and us players who don't lose our comps/shinies?

No. You're misunderstanding the issue; the problem isn't money, it's the fact that "comps" will trend towards saturation over time because they're not consumable. When you run out of things to make, the game is over. You win. That's why we change things over time and dripfeed content, to keep it going.

Also, may I ask, do the dungeons have to do with the reason black city is off limits for now?

No, the area is just broken.

7 minutes ago, Kyu said:

No. You're misunderstanding the issue; the problem isn't money, it's the fact that "comps" will trend towards saturation over time because they're not consumable. When you run out of things to make, the game is over. You win. That's why we change things over time and dripfeed content, to keep it going.

As a casual player with about an hour max of playing per day, just training a team of 6 pokemon for E4 has taken me about a month.

The thing is that people usually have plenty of ideas and they may want to innovate/try something new. So even if you already have a volcarona comp, well maybe you might want to make a bulky Bold one with roost or something funky. I don't think most players will run out of stuff to breed, therefore if you believe adding more breeding to get HA's is a good idea, all you are doing is instead of having players breed to innovate in the current meta, they will simply be rebreeding to stay relevant.

Plus each player that is wasting time breeding stuff is not actually participating in pvp and therefore people aren't learning or getting better at pvp, they have a huge time barrier just to get in to pvp. 

I don't even dare to do comp, since with my 1 hour per day, well training multiple teams will take me a couple of years lol.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

No, they're going to be locked behind storyline goals, i.e. there will be "Kanto/Hoenn/Unova" dungeons which correspond to their respective legendaries, and are accessible after the storyline is complete for the target region. They will probably be targeted entirely as end-game PvE for now

Would you feel like dropping a teaser for us by telling us which region (if there is a specific one) that the first dungeon will be?

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

No. You're misunderstanding the issue; the problem isn't money, it's the fact that "comps" will trend towards saturation over time because they're not consumable.

As someone who breeds quite a lot like me, I can tell you, the market won't saturate as long as there's new players, I mean some older pokemons will take longer to sell, but is understandable I guess, and a good portion of those will remain like that as they don't require HA. 

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

When you run out of things to make, the game is over. You win.

Not entirely true, you can have every comp pokemon and play for the PvP, which is what is engaging in this game, not the pve. Just feel like there's probably some better solution you guys could come up with, than literally making everyone burn a huge portion of their wallet to fix stuff.