Make gym rematches Tournament Mode

codylramey

Question

You guys want the gyms n such to be a good introduction to PvP right? So why not make them tournament mode? No bag items and all pokemon are the same level. Also, some of the gyms can be doubles and some singles. You could even implement the tiers in it with each gym leader representing a different tier. This obviously wont be the same as PvP but its a step in the right direction. And it gets rid of those POINTLESS AND ANNOYING full restores. 

Side note: Full restores dont make the gyms harder to beat with my team of lvl 100s, it just makes them take longer and annoy me more. Stop with that.

We would probably have to use our comps to beat these gyms considering we wouldnt be able to rely on over leveled mons to beat the gyms. That brings up an issue of exp. The solution to that is to make it to where pokemon dont gain EXP unless they are holding an EXPshare or Lucky Egg. Then EXP is given to that pokemon like it normally would be.

Edited by codylramey

2 answers to this question

eh if it's tourney mode that comes with level scaling and presumably less exp? but no tourney mode has ever given out exp so not sure on that one. seems like a lot of work and like, making some of the battles singles will take even longer. you're sorta sending a mixed message here. 

No same xp. No mixed signals, i just think that gyms would be more like pvp if it was tourny mode. And if you mix the tiers, some gyms do OU, some UU, some NU, some Doubles, it will give you a feel of the pokemon used in those tiers. Which ones can do what you know.