Nature Power Discussion/Question

Now that Nature Power is out and working, it has become relevant to discuss the future of this move. What move currently comes out right now during matchmaking when it is used? That I haven't been able to figure out yet. Could somebody elaborate? I know in regular PvP it'll be determined based on where the duel was initiated at but what about match making? In the original Black/White games, it'll 100% of the time become Earthquake. This became relevant for Pokemon like Sawsbuck which suddenly had access to Earthquake during link/online play. Then would such move follow Gen 7 rules or Gen 5 rules? This completely changes the type of move that can possibly come out.

Regarding the nature of the move and with the above question, what are the current stances from developers/GM/CM's about this move currently? Should it follow the Gen 7 rules or the Gen 5 rules? It seems awfully cheesy for user tournaments and incredibly cheesy for matchmaking if it could switch from being Earthquake into a random, not very good move like Bubblebeam. It might cause issues in tournaments where a user may ask the other user to leave the building and meet them in a desert somewhere where some deep, dark, holes in the middle of nowhere are planted. Should we really have a move like this in a competitive game that adds such a "cheese" factor into it? That doesn't really seem fair to me.

This really makes me think that users should be able to choose the "Terran" when making tournament duels as a toggle option. Even then, this doesn't really fix the issue outright. But in a way, I'm not really sure if you could fix a issue like this. Many may not even consider this a issue to begin with!

Nature is a really important thing to me

MTBWD0j.png

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Bulbapedia says that buildings/link battles make it Tri Attack. Of course, you can always enter a matchmaking battle and see what move comes up.

I would have to waste a lot of time and essentially take a "L" by testing it out properly. I would have to grab some wild pokemon and hope it survives to test it by using Nature Power. Also Gen 7 rules makes the user use moves that don't exist yet. So it's safe to assume it uses Gen 5 moves. In which case it uses Earthquake in Link Battles. Regardless of the move that comes out (would love to know), discussing this move is still needed.

Edited by Eldaust
1 minute ago, Toupi said:

I tested it during PTS and it called tri attack. Maybe something changed, dunno.

It's probably what it is then. Really conflicting because some of the moves you can get from Nature Power in Gen 7 don't even exist yet...

They're talking about reverting Dugtrio back to Gen 5 stats from Gen 7 from what I'm being told. It almost seems to make much more sense to do this with Nature Power too. All the terrans exist and all the moves exist. Otehrwise it's just a broken move and terrible move with the current state of affairs. It really shouldn't follow Gen 7 Nature Power.

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

ohg7wfz.png

Well that's solves that. Can we get a statement from the DEV/Tier Console about their opinions on this? The move was at least usable before. Now with Gen 7 rules, the move is incredibly questionable now. Are they perfectly contempt currently with Nature Power in the current state as it is?

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

To think I used 6 mushrooms on this, what a waste.

Thank you for testing for me. I simply didn't want to enter a PvP to test this. Otherwise I would of. What is your in-game user name? Message it to me and I'll refund you for the venture.