Gym Speedrunning Competition

I've decided to start speedrunning all of the gyms rebattles in the game plus mirimoto.  It would be fun if other people tried speedrunning and shared their teams and times.  Eventually there could be a competition with prizes for the fastest time where people upload videos of their records.  Right now, I'm curious what strategies people find.  I'll update the leaderboard daily.  

LEADERBOARD:

1. A bunch of cheaters

2. Aard  1:53:06 (no vid)

3. Cheaters who suck at cheating

Edited by Aard

What I plan to do is have everyone speedrun for a month and every day everyone competing sets aside 10k.  Then after the month is over  the best time WITH VIDEO PROOF gets the prize pool.  Even with a few people competing it runs into the millions.  Right now, I just wanted people to discuss strategies and give honest times with no benefit.  Obviously, when prizes are involved or an official leaderboard there has to be videos. 

I get people can cheat right now.  I want to know if anyone is actually on board with this idea since it could make grinding less boring.

Edited by Aard
48 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Will you be timing from entering the first gym to beating the 26th leader non stop, Or just recording the battle themselves? Judging by your time I assume the former.

I'll give it a shot one day :3

I'll be timing from entering the first gym to completing the last gym.   Solving the puzzles factors into the time.   Good question.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.