Brush's Devotee Art Contest (Thursday 22th March - Sunday 22th April)

Explanation:

Contestant are required to make a creative piece of art depicting a brand new Pokemon with a non existant Type Combination, entries must be original creations and must be followed by:

Character Name:

Pokemon Name:

Pokemon Typing:

Dex Entry (Optional):

Entries will be judged the same no matter the method used, the art piece can have several Pokemon and be colored but will not be awarded with extra points. 

Type Combinations elegible for this contest:

The entry must be a brand new Pokemon and not an evolution, pre evolution or a Mega Evolution from an existing one.

Spoiler

Bug/Dragon

Bug/Ice

Bug/Normal

Bug/Dark

Steel/Normal

Steel/Poison

Electric/Fighting

Electric/Dark

Electric/Poison

Ghost/Normal

Ghost/Rock

Fire/Fairy

Fire/Ice

Fire/Grass

Fairy/Dark

Fairy/ground

Fairy/Fighting

Fairy/Poison

Ice/Normal

Ice/Poison

Fighting/Ground

Normal/Rock

Normal/poison

Psychic/Poison

Date/Time for submission

Thursday 22th March | 12:00am UTC Time Zone Converter to Sunday 22th April 11:59pm UTC Time Zone Converter

Prizes

XXK7yQR.png

First Place:

Shiny Gift Smeargle

Your choice of nature, 2x31 and 4x25 IVs

&

1000 Reward Points or 1,000,000 Pokeyen

Second Place:

700 Reward Points or 700,000 Pokeyen

Third Place:

300 Reward Points or 300,000 Pokeyen

Rules

• Only one entry per user, if you wish to replace an entry please do so by editing your post and replacing your current entry.
  • Art work must be 100% original. If entries are found to be plagiarised then you will be disqualified from this contest.
  • All submissions must be made in this thread.
  • The post that contains your submission must also include your IGN.

Host: SodaNaranja

Judges: Akshit Foerster Gilan Kizhaz XelaKebert

If you have any questions regarding this event, please feel free to message me.

IGN: Jugen

Name of the Pokemon: Sasuwan

Type: Fairy/Poison

a2AwVQb.png

Dex Entry: 1- Sasuwan is usually found lurking swiftly in big clouds of smog. When it grabs its prey, it will bite and crunch them with its poisonous tail.

2- Despite being called cute by most, the venom Sasuwan spills from its tail fangs could easily cause an Indian elephant to faint.

Hope you liked it and good luck to the other contestants!

Drawing.pngHope you all like it, best of luck to all other contestant

Character Name: IDKPRO

Pokemon Name: Eskhione

Pokemon Typing: Ice/ Poison

Dex Entry: Eskhione, the energy-sucking pokemon. The spikes are not only to look superior, but deadly poisonous. It's weird-looking mouth allows it to suck the energy out of anyone in the way.

Eskhione, the energy-sucking pokemon. As cute as it looks, pokemons fear it. Eskhione drains the energy of the opponent of any size and regain energy which is why this small little ice ball is full of motion.

IGN : Jaawax

Hello to everyone!

For this entry, I tried to go back to the origins and, since i really enjoyed the parallel universe of platinium pokemon, i decided to link my pokemon to this game by adapting it to the plausible (yet utopic) storyline. Here is Regighost, creation and slave to Giratina, architect of his world. It worked the opposed world with a lot of difficulty which is why it isn't perfect. It wasn't able to master the 3 elements simultaneously.

Spoiler

vEl2rBH.jpg

You see, that's not perfect :/

Pokemon Name : Regighost

HT3MPXf.png

Pokemon Typing : Ghost / Rock

Dex entry 1 : When Girantina got banned, it looked at the creation of the word and got jealous. It decided to create Regighost, similarly to the creators of continents, in order to build his own. It wonders souless as a slave, but too powerful.

Dex entry 2 : The day of its rebellion is approaching and will be cataclysmic. Its fissured fist is the result of the openong of the realm. It has accumulated a lot of power and is now ready to face its antagonists, Regirock, Regice and Registeel.

Gl for everyone!

Edited by Jaawax

ign: Aftershocker

Pokemon name: Anaspashia 

Pokemon typing: normal/ghost

yp9ViTz.png?1

The Cursed pokemon:

Dex entry 1:  A pokemon that is believed to be cursed. It just wants a hug, beware tho! If he touches you, you will forget everything!

Dex entry 2:  Despite being extremely squishy, these pokemon can phase through objects when they feel threatened.  It is believed that it can shift between dimensions but prefers to avoid the other one for some reason...

Spoiler

Fun fact: The name is associated with 3 different roots

• Anesthesia ( confusion or loss of memory)
  • Anastasia ( referring to the curse of Rasputin)
  • Phase (the ability to go through solid objects)

Ign:Daruma

Name: Wickerupt

Type: Grass/Fire
Dex Entry-  The Effigy Pokemon: Its sap contains a special substance that can be made either flame-resistant or highly combustible, at will.  It burns large amounts of food within its body, then using the ashes as nutrients. 

Spoiler

The idea's based on the Wickerman effigy statues that Celtic druids used to burn. I thought it'd be a cool mix of something very green and natural, and something blazing and inferno-like.   The pokemon itself is more like a walking furnace though xD

It'd likely be the midstage in a 3 part evolution and have stats befitting a special wall, with some good damage potential (particularly if you get sunny day in)

eDHZtnG.png

Edited by Daruma

1ff5400fdc85260d0aafb0689ea86d81.png 

IGN: Elcoolio

Pokemon Name: Frostbite

Pokemon Typing: Ice/Fire

Dex Entry (Optional): Frostbite, the Dry Ice Pokemon. Frostbite's fangs are so cold it burns its opponents that get caught in its jaws. 

Always liked the idea of an Ice and Fire type Pokemon and I thought the concept of dry ice was a good way to incorporate the two, typically opposites, together, touching things that are so extremely cold that it creates a burning sensation. The name fitted pretty ideally with what I was doing, people exposed to freezing temperatures get frostbite whilst also working out literally with my Pokemon which has a frost bite. A wolf type Pokemon seemed fairly intuitive with the 'bite' theme of the idea, few other snow animals fitted the build to base my Pokemon on.

More specifically Frostbite's signature ability would be Strong Jaw, increasing the power of biting moves by 50%, while its signature moves would be Ice Fang and Fire Fang. 

Might add more of a background if I think of anything worth while. 

Edited by DaftCoolio
On 4/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, Daruma said:

Ign:Daruma

Name: Wickerupt

Type: Grass/Fire
Dex Entry-  The Effigy Pokemon: Its sap contains a special substance that can be made either flame-resistant or highly combustible, at will.  It burns large amounts of food within its body, then using the ashes as nutrients. 

Reveal hidden contents

The idea's based on the Wickerman effigy statues that Celtic druids used to burn. I thought it'd be a cool mix of something very green and natural, and something blazing and inferno-like.   The pokemon itself is more like a walking furnace though xD

It'd likely be the midstage in a 3 part evolution and have stats befitting a special wall, with some good damage potential (particularly if you get sunny day in)

eDHZtnG.png

Totally wanna see the other stages for this lol

IGN: GergFalerg

Pokemon Name: Hatrikk

Pokemon Typing: Bug/Dark

0Z3Skiy.png

Dex Entry: Hatrikk preys on unsuspecting trainers thinking they've found themselves a new hat. Once it attaches itself, it is very difficult to remove. All the while it slowly drains it's victim's lifeforce. Ironically, word of this little trickster's existence spread and now Hatrikk hats are available for purchase in some Department Stores.

additional details: It has six legs. Its "mouth" is actually under its hat-shaped body and not the smiley looking thing. x)

3 hours ago, GergFalerg said:

0Z3Skiy.png

Dex Entry: Hatrikk preys on unsuspecting trainers thinking they've found themselves a new hat. Once it attaches itself, it is very difficult to remove. All the while it slowly drains it's victim's lifeforce. Ironically, word of this little trickster's existence spread and now Hatrikk hats are available for purchase in some Department Stores.

additional details: It has six legs. Its "mouth" is actually under its hat-shaped body and not the smiley looking thing. x)

This is super clever! I love it!

5 hours ago, GergFalerg said:

0Z3Skiy.png

@Darkshade new vanity, when?

Character Name:ZoroarkH

Pokemon Name:Gangisice

Pokemon Typing:[BUG][ICE]

Dex Entry (Optional):

Much like lucario, it uses the fleshy red protrusions from its abdomen to seek out the location of its prey by their auras. Due to the extremely cold temperature of its blood, ice crystals form around its abdomen.

rlS5svO.png

Creatonotos gangis <-- the real creature this pokemon was inspired by

Edited by ZoroarkH

Tt4t9rs.png

Character Name:stORrmm
Pokemon Name:Uunmao(two tails mode)
Pokemon Typing:Fire/Fairy
Dex Entry: Uunmao's tails numbers will be increased from one to ten when grown. Every tail contains different powers. Therefore, the more tails Uunmao has, the stronger Uunmao is. Uunmao keeps friendly relationships with Ninetales& Vulpix. It was said that they have the same ancestors. Uunmao has the ability to judge traners' virtues. Those bad guys will never find Uunmao.

Edited by sd121086s
wrong name
37 minutes ago, sd121086s said:

Tt4t9rs.png

Dex Entry: Uunmao's tails numbers will be increased from one to ten when grown. Every tail contains different powers. Therefore, the more tails Uunmao has, the stronger Uunmao is. Uunmao keeps friendly relationships with Ninetales& Vulpix. It was said that they have the same ancestors. Uunmao has the ability to judge traners' virtues. Those bad guys will never find Uunmao.

Does this even count as an original creation considering it looks like Kirara from Inuyasha was just copy/pasted, recolored, and the tails made to look different?  The idea is interesting for a pokemon, but it just seems like cheating since you hadn't actually drawn anything yourself besides the tails...

14 hours ago, sd121086s said:

Tt4t9rs.png

If you cant draw, original MS Paint sketches are accepted.. But I don't think copypasta / photomanips will be allowed

f3b51712178609641ac31082a62f363c.png

Character Name: DocPipo

Pokemon Name: Korrupten - [Corrupt + Kruptos- Greek, "to conceal/hide,etc." + Entomo(n)- Greek, "insect".]

Pokemon Typing: [Bug][Dark]

Dex Entry (Optional):

1- Rarely seen during the day, Korrupten are solitary Pokemon who prefer to spend the day hiding in the shadows of leaves, waiting for an unfortunate passing Caterpie. 

2. Campfire tales told to spook young trainers often include the myth that Korrupten will crawl in the ear of unlucky trainers sleeping under the starry sky. 

3. (super special edition:) The armor on it's head resembles a skull much like Cubone's. It's dark body easily blends into the shade of a fallen leaf, hiding this Pokemon until it is ready to strike. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to all entries! Amazing ideas so far, keep it up fellow trainers! 

I decided not to color this because I'm bad at coloring things, lol. I used vector art (InkScape) because my tablet is broken. (RIP Wacom senpai)

Edited by Pipo
entry. (hopefully i didn't goof the formatting!)

Character Name: xAiEnmax

Pokemon Name: Calcebloom

Pokemon Typing: Fire/Grass

Dex Entry: Calcebloom gather arround in the bases of volcanoes when these are about to erupt. During these event their leafs glows similar to lava and its recommended to stay away from them because the pollen this pokemons spreads countains soot and other toxins very dangerous to other species.

TXAu3jW.jpg

(Based on Calceolarias ♥)

Edited by AiEnma