PokeMMO Community Survey Results

3 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

Allowing spam from your friends/associates in the first place is why this wasn't conducted as a forum poll.

Allowing staff to know precisely who says what is the exact reason the survey was made anonymous so that tyrants like you do NOT abuse your power against them in retaliation (overtly or covertly).

Don't think for a single minute that I haven't kept a very close eye on the activities of forum/Discord.

I honestly kept my mouth shut until now because I gave you the benefit of the doubt by thinking your intentions were good by making this survey. I honestly don't know how could Bearminator answer to this thread any more politely while still acknowledging and giving credit to what you're doing. And all you're doing is scraping him off as a "power abusing tyrant". It seems that you think that disagreeing opinions with you in the forums equals spam to you and you even consider staff members as "power abusing tyrants". The question arises: Why are you doing any of this and who the fuck are you trying to collect this information towards? And who wanted you to do any of that in the first place?

Edited by OrangeManiac

On a serious note I find nothing interesting about the data that has been shown in these graphs, tons of the options were redundant as well which makes it look very unprofessional. On top of the already unprofessional categories.

The only thing I can see is that 2-factor authentication is majority in both liked and disliked features, meaning it is controversial, but that's hardly useful as it's not like it exists to make people feel happy it's to keep them safe, it's not going anywhere because why would it?

I also can't think of how any of this info serves to help staff, I can understand that feedback about staff themselves in terms of doing their jobs could be useful but because it is vaguely targeted at the staff in general and does not mention any names, or examples, it's hardly useful in examining if someone may not be a good or bad staff member.

Also, I could have sworn we don't have an official discord server because they didn't want to have to allocate staff members to moderate it frequently, maybe this has changed but are you certain the discord server is "official"? this could just me being wrong, but just checking.

-----

In future, if you or anyone else decides to take a survey I think it would be better to survey things you wish for the future of the game rather than responses to things that aren't even controversial, e.g. feedback on Phenomenon in Unova is at the very least going to be a neutral opinion and at most a positive one but it's not going to be removed from the game if it's unpopular so therefore feedback on them in terms of their likability seems low in application possibilities. (Other than minor balancing)

Surveys for what the playerbase would want prioritised could be split simply into something like "In-game Economy / PvP Content / PvE Content" and then further sub divided to assess what the most anticipated features in the game would be in separate surveys, this would help with more easily readable data at a glance rather than 10+ categories in a single pie chart.

Also there could be surveys for stuff that are genuinely controversial that could prove interesting to see, e.g. a survey over whether people feel like Fairy Type is neccesary for a healthy meta, or if Baton Pass should be unbanned / trialed as hypothetical examples, though im sure better topics for discussion could be more quantitatively examined using a survey.
They could even be used to see which Abilities are most desired to be prioritized for implementation, e.g. Prankster / Mold Breaker.

TL;DR - It's mildly interesting but I fail to see applications for any of this info, it's just an opinion poll but it's too vague to get high quality feedback from. more specific topics of discussion that can actively aid in understanding gripes about feedback to help smooth them out faster would be a better use of the survey.

(Edit: If you wish to survey more people have it as a poll on the forums, but then also include a link for people who are not on the forums and simply combine them afterwards, it would have a higher response rate as forum users will be more willing to take the default poll and thus have a higher turn out, and people who wnat to respond but don't have an account are still able to)

Edited by Matoka
43 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Also, I could have sworn we don't have an official discord server because they didn't want to have to allocate staff members to moderate it frequently, maybe this has changed but are you certain the discord server is "official"? this could just me being wrong, but just checking.

3 hours ago, redspawn said:

I got an advice to you all, just ignore him. He's looking for attention anywhere he can get it, plus he's not even good at that.

i somehow get the impression that most of us are just here to be caustic and/or funny for the sake of it. i know i am, i had some fun reading this.
of course no real hostility on my part.

16 hours ago, Matoka said:

*snip*

I don't agree with everything you said.  I laugh at the thought that you think there isn't an official PokeMMO Discord server (aren't you the one always telling people to 'do a search'?) but otherwise you are the one post in this thread that I can say provided some good feedback.  The poll was an experiment in trying to improve the game by voicing the concerns of the casual community that don't bother to visit or post in the forums.  In addition to letting people know about it in-game, I also posted it in the forums to get a more complete picture.

With the massive amounts of spam and harassment (seen here in this very thread) by people who would want to set the game on fire and laugh while it burns, I wanted to counter that with a more proactive approach that provided a bit more nuance and custom responses available for people to state what they feel they need to do.

I already mentioned in the imgur album that I commented on things I felt could be improved.  The way I see it is that only a Staff-created and Staff-promoted community poll would have a higher turnout rate.  Hard to get people to take a survey when baseless accusations and slander get thrown around while the Staff look the other way (again as seen in this thread) because they don't want to take moderation action against their friends.  They'll gladly give a faux-mayor a faux-title on the forums but actually doing the job they voluntarily signed on for?  Pfft....why bother? :P

Edited by Daedalus007
16 hours ago, Kite said:

Don't forget the OP did alter the results which they claimed to do in another thread. Because it has been modified, the "poll results" are incorrect.

Are you angry that I deleted the results of you and your friends that deliberately wanted to troll and spam the poll?  Too bad, so sad.

Responses cannot be altered in the poll results.  They're unable to be edited in Google Forms or otherwise.

You know what @ImFunk, I could say the same about many of the circlejerk trolls here.  Only difference is that none of them have the gall to proclaim themselves 'Mayor' without any kind of legitimate claim to the title.  Getting mod-buddies to have a lulz and throw a stupid Forum title on them doesn't make it official.

14 hours ago, redspawn said:

I got an advice to you all, just ignore him. He's looking for attention anywhere he can get it, plus he's not even good at that.

I was lost. I treat it as a way of entertainment. Now i see you were right from the start oh wise one

• Rache locked this topic