PokeMMO Community Survey Results

Finally here!  After 2+ weeks of waiting the moment of glory is upon us!  Take heed and bear witness to a sampled subset of the PokeMMO community!
I'll only be posting links here.  Final Comments in the Last Question will be archived on Pastebin for posterity.

If one of the Staff can get in touch with me, it'll actually let me add people as 'collaborators' if you have a Google Account and then you can view/verify all the details the same way that I can on the survey results.

Many wonderful responses and many myths disspelled.  Although out of thousands of players I received ~70ish responses so...sample size is sampled and keep that in mind.

Imgur Album with charts and some comments by yours truly:

https://imgur.com/a/DvP7m

Here are the anonymous survey comments on PasteBin:

https://pastebin.com/4TBQAy9x

Many responses wanted Phenomenons to spawn more often and the devs acted quickly to implement that after a preliminary (early) pastebin posting over on the PokeMMO Discord.  So ya'll can't say they don't hear/listen to feedback ok?

Many more responses asking for Johto and PvP skills/items to be added/fixed.

There's a specific player that thought they were clever by putting their name in the response so I removed their name from the end of their response.

You know who you are, dorko :P

Anonymous survey has to be anonymous otherwise you'd just post on the forums here.

That's all folks!  If the Staff want to start up similar anonymous Google Forms surveys for the future they are welcome to do so.  This was quite an adventure but the results (while a small sample size) are fairly enlightening.

Snark in the spoiler for lulz.

Spoiler

Self-proclaimed worthless 'mayor' is worthless.

I'd like to declare myself the TRUE PokeMMO Mayor of AWESOME.  WHOO!  =D

Now all I need are several friends to circlejerk and post positive comments in my thread using robot/alt accounts :)
Maybe I'll get in touch with fake-mayor and ask them how they do it ;)

Edited by Daedalus007
28 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

Now all I need are several friends to circlejerk and post positive comments in my thread using robot/alt accounts :)

Don't see what this is about, why do you seem to have a problem with BF? 

I truly can't tell whether you're trying to make a light-hearted (but really bad) joke to ease the tension or if you're actually this shitty at PR. I can't imagine how turning the entire community against you is going to help anything you're trying to accomplish here, so I'm going to assume it's the latter

Okay guys I think that's enough spam.

I took a peak into this survey. So far we can see that mayority of players are glad with update, but taking opinions from 70 people is, you know, kinda limited.

While I appreciate what you're trying to do, i guess that the way you're trying to achieve it is bad. forum thread can be used as survey too, doesnt require links plus it shows who has voted if you wish.

so far, from my actual experience in game I can see players enjoying some changes. I think it's more trusted source (for me, ofc) than anonymous survey. 

6 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

Snark in the spoiler for lulz.

Hide contents

Good evening Daedalus007, I would like for you to know that I am trying to contribute to the community. How is another Mayor Election going to contribute to the community? If you really want to contribute, then help me give out Meowths to newer players, help me find topics to discuss on my Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, or even suggest ideas that the Mayor Council can vote on. I was silent when you were maligning my character and now I am no longer silenced. If people want to partake in a poll, then make a poll, but while you waste time, I am trying to contribute. Let me give you some inside info about my work, @redspawn and I were working on a script for an upcoming video on How to Earn Money in game. He was about to go to sleep, but we agreed to spend some time to collaborate on things. My suggestion is something simple, if you catch something that you do not want, then give it to a newer player, make a difference. Stop this attention seeking and start getting your hands dirty.

Spoiler

Please don't take this as an insult. Take this more as a helpful post on your behalf. You can make an impact on so many people and I feel you're wasting time with a poll on something that was already settled.

7 hours ago, Bearminator said:

I took a peak into this survey. So far we can see that mayority of players are glad with update, but taking opinions from 70 people is, you know, kinda limited.
While I appreciate what you're trying to do, i guess that the way you're trying to achieve it is bad. forum thread can be used as survey too, doesnt require links plus it shows who has voted if you wish.

so far, from my actual experience in game I can see players enjoying some changes. I think it's more trusted source (for me, ofc) than anonymous survey. 

Allowing spam from your friends/associates in the first place is why this wasn't conducted as a forum poll.

Allowing staff to know precisely who says what is the exact reason the survey was made anonymous so that tyrants like you do NOT abuse your power against them in retaliation (overtly or covertly).

Don't think for a single minute that I haven't kept a very close eye on the activities of forum/Discord.

I'm fully aware of the limited nature of such a survey which is why I suggested an 'official' one done once a month and advertised through in-game mail being run by a Staff Member that wishes to do so.  The rampant trolling by your 'spam' friends here in-game and on the forums didn't help in persuading anyone to take the survey either with libelous statements made without any sort of moderation throttle or consequence.

But of course not, they are your 'best friends' :P

3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening Daedalus007, I would like for you to know that I am trying to contribute to the community. How is another Mayor Election going to contribute to the community? If you really want to contribute, then help me give out Meowths to newer players, help me find topics to discuss on my Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, or even suggest ideas that the Mayor Council can vote on. I was silent when you were maligning my character and now I am no longer silenced. If people want to partake in a poll, then make a poll, but while you waste time, I am trying to contribute. Let me give you some inside info about my work, @redspawn and I were working on a script for an upcoming video on How to Earn Money in game. He was about to go to sleep, but we agreed to spend some time to collaborate on things. My suggestion is something simple, if you catch something that you do not want, then give it to a newer player, make a difference. Stop this attention seeking and start getting your hands dirty.

Reveal hidden contents

Please don't take this as an insult. Take this more as a helpful post on your behalf. You can make an impact on so many people and I feel you're wasting time with a poll on something that was already settled.

Far be it from me to point out that the 'Mayor' has no clothing.  :P

I've already done more in less than a month to help new players than you've done in your entire status as faux-mayor.

From this point on, actions speak louder than words and if your circlejerk of 'best friends' wants to help you actually do something other than troll for a living, have at it.  I'd love to see some actual results/proof of such work other than mindless dribble and meme-spew.

Edited by Daedalus007
7 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

I've already done more in less than a month to help new players than you've done in your entire status as faux-mayor.

From this point on, actions speak louder than words and if your circlejerk of 'best friends' wants to help you actually do something other than troll for a living, have at it.  I'd love to see some actual results/proof of such work other than mindless dribble and meme-spew.

ok, that's it.
you're not allowed to send me a friend request on steam anymore, nor to join my minecraft server.
i never thought i'd ever say this much in my life but you crossed the line one too many times now.

But of course not, they are your 'best friends' :P

Hello Daedalus007, I have an answer to your question:

Before my Mayorship:

1. Helping newer players and experienced players evolve pokemon via trading. (Haunter, Boldore, etc).

2. Headline videos and Update Reportage on the Roy Rogers News channel to help inform the community about what is going on.

3. Answering questions on Global, and I am not even staff.

4. When I see newer players struggling in a gym, I try to go out of my way to catch a pokemon just for them.

5. When I am about to release a pokemon in my PC, I would try to find a newer player to give the pokemon to.

During My Mayorship (As of 3/19/18):

1. Started a Mayor Council so I can get different points of view on a topic.

2. Giving out Meowths to newer players and teaching them how to pay day.

3. Started a Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel for "Announcements" and "Self Help" Videos.

4. Just got done with making a script for the "How to Make Money" video for my Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel.

I answered your question, now let me ask you a question: "What action(s) have you done to help the community?" I am not going to accept a "poll" as an answer and even if I did, I made polls on forums myself. The poll was to vote on a channel name and studio location for my YouTube channel. I want to represent the community, so that was why I have the forums poll. Your poll is from an outside source, I do not know if you have nefarious plans or not, thus, I am not clicking on your link.

3 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

Allowing spam from your friends/associates in the first place is why this wasn't conducted as a forum poll.

Allowing staff to know precisely who says what is the exact reason the survey was made anonymous so that tyrants like you do NOT abuse your power against them in retaliation (overtly or covertly).

Don't think for a single minute that I haven't kept a very close eye on the activities of forum/Discord.

I'm fully aware of the limited nature of such a survey which is why I suggested an 'official' one done once a month and advertised through in-game mail being run by a Staff Member that wishes to do so.  The rampant trolling by your 'spam' friends here in-game and on the forums didn't help in persuading anyone to take the survey either with libelous statements made without any sort of moderation throttle or consequence.

10 hours ago, Bearminator said:

I have to chime in here. So let me try to build a chain of what is going on right now:

@Bearminator is trying to do his job and keep the peace. -> You attack him by calling him a "tyrant."

How does this make any sense? Bearminator is trying to defend you while also trying to be fair and you treat him like trash. This is like when you're about to be mugged on the street and the cop comes by and arrests the guy. As the cop is doing that, you call the cop a "tyrant!" Where is your Thank You card? Drive to Wal-Mart or Hallmark and get one. Be appreciative, not ungrateful. As Mayor of PokeMMO, I wake up everyday appreciating the fact that the community voted me in as Mayor. If you think that I wake up in the morning and laugh at the community, then you really don't know me too well. Maybe you should start changing the way how you see the world. Perhaps wake up and maybe give away some pokemon you do not want. I am going to cheer you on when you do that.

Edited by Bestfriends
Cleared up some thoughts