Account Security???

I very much agree with the multi-factor authentication. but since it could have been from the same PC and the same IP, I realized that I enter from a different device, it's really annoying to be all the time with the mail by hand just to put the authentication code. Will it be a solutionable error?.

I understand, I particularly have caution on my account, the double authentication is over, naive people make the mistake of trusting who shouldn't. I repeat that my question is about whether it's an error that the same pc and ip be taken as an unknown device, 

because it is very annoying to authenticate 3 or 4 times a day

Edited by FlorDeCaramelo
complete information
1 minute ago, FlorDeCaramelo said:

I understand, I particularly have caution on my account, the double authentication is over, naive people make the mistake of trusting who shouldn't. I repeat that my question is about whether it's an error that the same pc and ip be taken as an unknown device

It can be an error and it can also not be an error, depends on a few variables, like for example, are you using static IP, idk if it's client side or server side that they store some of the data, so, have you reinstalled pokemmo recently? There's a few more scenarios probably that I can't think of, @Kyu is probably the best person to answer you I guess. 

About ''trusting'', it's not about who you trust, you can trust no one, but just the fact that you interact with certain people will give them enough information, it's impossible to be 100% secure anyway, but if this methods helps being a tiny bit more secure, it's well worth having. Also, leaks happen, and there's nothing you cna do about that, this kinda prevents to a certain extent people abusing leaks.

__

Also, about it being annoying, just store the email on your smartphone, and just open through your smartphone, it's fast and way less annoying, if you aren't used to having your email open.

4 hours ago, Desu said:

By an hour, you mean 5 minutes. And it was delivered in less than 60 seconds.

You're already in game.

Desu wins the forums.  LMAO.  <3

I had to authenticate ONCE when the 2FA was finally force-enabled on my account (guess they were staggering the rollout a bit).

If you play on multiple devices or your IP changes multiple times a day, you may want to get a DSL/Cable connection if possible.  I know people using Mobile Hotspots might trigger this 2FA verification since there's no real way to 'prove' it is really you versus anyone else with your info using the same Mobile Towers.

My situations is a bit odd because I've had a static IP for well over a month now without even trying.  Really weird.  =D

But that being said, most people with DSL/Cable connections may experience an IP change once a week, typically Sunday evenings (when 'internet randomly goes out' for most until they reboot the router because ISP provided routers are dumb bricks of failure and disdain).

I'm not certain what kind of solution would be in place to authenticate even if the IP changes.  I'm pretty sure that Desu, Kyu, and the rest of the development staff already have plans to improve things as needed.  I believe basing it on a mobile phone (TOTP smartphone-based authentication) may be a viable alternative so that those with a smartphone can bypass the e-mail-based methods entirely.