Need approval for a possible Kanto team

So after a bit of talking with my friends and ignoring most of their advice I came up with a team that I found I was personally partial to and thought had good coverage, I'm not sure if I'm really missing anything or have any huge oversight (such as lack of flying, psychic, or ground) for beating main game so I was wondering if anyone could point them out or offer any advice to replace something with something else

venosaur

lucario

gengar

scizor

ninetales

snorlax

Edited by FForta

You're lacking some type coverage there.

• Also you misspelled 'Venusaur' (Grass/Poison).
  • Lucario (Fighting/Steel) doesn't seem to bring that much to the table to warrant a slot.
  • Gengar (Ghost/Poison) is ok, though weak against both Ground and Psychic Types.
  • Scizor (Bug/Steel) has some bug and steel moves and basically makes Lucario even more irrelevant.
  • If you Evolved a Vulpix (Fire) into a Ninetales (Fire) using a Fire Stone, keep in mind that Ninetales doesn't learn any more moves by leveling up after evolving.  Ninetales  is ok as far as fire types go.
  • Snorlax (Normal) is a great pick!  Only weak to Fighting Types and high resistance to Fire/Ice.

So that being said, your team is missing Water, Psychic, Electric, Ice, and Dragon type moves.

-So I'd replace the Lucario with a Gyarados (Water/Flying).  It learns Ice Fang (Ice), Dragon Rage/Dance (Dragon), Hurricane (Flying), and several water moves.

-I'd also replace Ninetales with a Victini (Fire/Psychic) since it can also learn Brick Break as a Fighting move if you need one.

-Consider replacing your Venusaur with a Breloom (Grass/Fighting) to cover the Fighting moves if you don't have or want to use Brick Break item on Victini).

-Finally, replace Gengar with a Rotom (Electric/Ghost).  Both Hex and Ominous Wind are both decent choices of Ghost moves to learn and you can take your pick of Electric type moves as well.  It is up to you if you really want to cover an Electric type for an easier time against Water and Flying types.

Now to get some of these you might want to ask someone from another region to trade you one that has a level within your Obedience cap.  That's up to you.

Congrats, you now have (nearly) every type covered and a great versatile team with unique strengths and weaknesses!  Have fun!

Edited by Daedalus007
4 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

Gengar (Ghost/Poison) is ok, though weak against both Ground and Psychic Types.

-So I'd replace the Lucario with a Gyarados (Water/Flying).  It learns Ice Fang (Ice), Dragon Rage/Dance (Dragon), Hurricane (Flying), and several water moves.

-I'd also replace Ninetales with a Victini (Fire/Psychic) since it can also learn Brick Break as a Fighting move if you need one.

-Finally, replace Gengar with a Rotom (Electric/Ghost).  Both Hex and Ominous Wind are both decent choices of Ghost moves to learn and you can take your pick of Electric type moves as well.  It is up to you if you really want to cover an Electric type for an easier time against Water and Flying types.

wat? xd

7 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:
  • Gengar (Ghost/Poison) is ok, though weak against both Ground and Psychic Types.
  •  

ahahahahaha lmao, here we can see another example of you talking when you don't even know what you're saying. Pokemmo gengar has levitate in gen5, not cursed body.

8 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

Scizor (Bug/Steel) has some bug and steel moves and basically makes Lucario even more irrelevant.

What does scizor have to do with lucario? Besides sharing a type? lmao

9 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

lmao we clearly have rotoms, and ominous wind is definitely a great choice, 10/10. I'd advice you to download pokemmo and play it a bit.

It is up to them if they want to have Electric Type coverage to handle WATER and FLYING pokemon.  Look at how many Flying types there are.  Electric moves would be Super Effective against nearly all of them.  That's something to consider.

They're just going through story.  They aren't here to FOSS some Competitive PvP or whatever.

Not everyone needs to have the exact same teams.  The beauty of Pokemon is in variety.

PokeMMO is a bit different in certain ways when it comes to Gengar?  Ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

59 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

-Finally, replace Gengar with a Rotom (Electric/Ghost). 

you can't get rotom and victini yet

• 1 year later...